Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Want a mattress that’s designed specifically for you by a local company that puts your needs first?
We will analyze the Logan and Cove mattress, made by Canadians for Canadians. Owned by family-run company Novosbed, Logan and Cove believes in accountability and honesty. They have made it their mission to provide affordable, well-built products to their customers, with a focus on comfort and luxury.
Keep scrolling and read through this in-depth review for scores based on cooling, edge support, comfort, and more top mattress-buying considerations. You’ll also find information on this product’s construction and its key features so you can determine if this product is the right feel for you. Or skip straight to the end and check out our final thoughts and wrap-up.
You will love the Logan and Cove mattress if you:
- Want a pillow top – This bed has included a pillow top that is made to envelop your shape in comfort without overheating.
- Enhanced cooling properties – Eucalyptus, silk, cooling gel, and individually pocketed coils combine to promise enhanced temperature regulation to reduce the chance of you overheating.
- Are a co-sleeper – Enhanced motion control and edge support give couples room to spread out and help to reduce sleep disruption from restless partners.
You might not like the Logan and Cove mattress if you:
- Want a traditional memory foam feel – This item features a coil system and lots of cooling technology, unlike the traditional warm hug offered by classic memory foam. However, there is some contouring and sinkage present, which some memory foam fans should enjoy.
Also you can check our list of top mattresses for 2019 and choose the right bed for you.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This mattress is a hybrid that contains both foam and coils. The bed is compressed and conveniently shipped inside of a box. Shipping is free to most parts of Canada, though a fee may be required for some more remote areas.
The company recommends this product is used on a solid foundation, so adjustable beds with a solid, paneled surface, or solid, unflexing foundations without box springs or coils. Platforms are recommended not to feature treated wood, and slatted bases should have the slats no more than 3 inches apart. Both types of frames should contain a support beam for purchases that are Queen-size or larger.
The cover is created using breathable Eucalyptus fibers to promote moisture-wicking. The pillow-top inside the cover is filled with blended Silk to offer a smooth and soft feel. The rest of the pillow-top holds an inch of Cooling Gel Foam for temperature regulation and Contouring Eco-Foam for pressure relief.
This product stands 14 inches in height.
- The first layer is a 2-inch Supportive Eco-Foam infused with natural soy, is designed to offer proper spinal alignment and comfortable support for everyone regardless of their favorite sleeping position.
- The bottom layer holds 8-inch Individually Pocketed Coils that are wrapped in fabric, this is meant to isolate movement so that people are not disturbed by restless partners as they sleep.
- The perimeter contains Engineered Edge Support Foam to help stabilize the edges of this bed. This helps shoppers to roll right up to the edge of their bed without feeling as if they might fall off.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We gave the Medium-Plush version of this bed a score of 4.5-5, which is likely to feel medium-soft or medium to most shoppers. The Luxury-Firm model is ranked at a 7, which most people will experience as medium-firm or perhaps firm depending on their preference.
These scores reflect how we think each bed should feel to most shoppers using a 1-10 system. On this comfort scale, a ranking of 1 would be the softest bed you’ve ever experienced, a score of 10 would be the firmest.
The cover should feel cool and smooth to the touch, and the sleeper should feel soft support as they sink into the pillow top, becoming nestled in a deeper cradle on the softer bed and a gentle cradle in the firm one.
The upper layers, being softer, take a little time to reform. The firmer lower layers reshape faster, helping to reduce some body impressions as people move around on the mattress. There is significant bounce, especially in the lower layers, that also works to aid combination sleepers in repositioning.
Most back sleepers will enjoy the proper spinal alignment and even weight distribution offered by this bed. They can choose between either comfort level depending on their individual preferences.
Stomach sleepers often prefer a firmer feel to prevent their hips from dipping below the rest of the body. Because of this, most are likely to enjoy the firmer model.
Side sleepers might want to opt for the softer version as this model is designed to reduce pressure build-up in the shoulders and hips.
The company recommends a weight limit of 300 pounds per sleeper, with a limit of 600 pounds total for the entire bed.
Despite the ample bounce provided by the spring system, the pocketed coils work to isolate motion to prevent movement from traveling through the bed. The foams also help to absorb motion, further reducing motion transfer. This should make this product a great choice for couples, as they are not likely to feel each other’s movements as they change position.
The reinforced foam railing around the perimeter of this product is designed to provide exceptional edge support that maximizes the usable sleep surface. This is ideal for couples who need a little extra room to spread out or people who like to sleep or sit at the edge of the mattress.
- Multiple Firmness Options – This product is available in medium or firm options.
- Trial Period – Shoppers can try out their potential new mattress for up to 120 nights.
- Warranty – The company offers a 15-year warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is free to most parts of Canada, with a small fee required for some remote locations.
- Adjustable Base Compatible – The company recommends an adjustable frame with a solid, paneled surface. Hospital bed frames are not recommended.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams inside this product are certified to contain low levels of additives and VOC emissions.
- Made in Canada – This is a product proudly made by Canadians for Canadians.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14″||C$899|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14″||C$949|
|Full||53” x 75” x 14″||C$999|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14″||C$1,099|
|King||76” x 80” x 14″||C$1,249|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14″||C$1,249|
Co-sleepers are bound to love the extra edge support provided by the reinforced foam railing that runs around the perimeter of this mattress, along with the enhanced motion absorption offered by the individually pocketed coils and dense foam materials.
People with all kinds of preferences can find something to enjoy about this item. From varying sinkage levels to different comfort options, there’s something for everyone. Extra cooling properties, enhanced edge support and motion isolation, and good bounce round out the qualities of this bed.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.