Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Looking for a clean, natural sleep but aren’t sure if you want a hybrid or all-foam mattress?
That’s where our Avocado vs. PlushBeds comparison guide comes in. Both companies are dedicated to using organic and safe products and have lots of certifications to back up those claims.
Quick Comparison: Avocado vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
- Eco-friendly bed
- Traditional innerspring feel
- Affordable price
- Want bounce
- Sleep hot
So where do you begin? To make your choice a little easier, we’ll break down the construction of each item and provide you with recommendations for which sleepers should feel comfortable on each mattress. We will also give you a quick rundown of the top features of either brand.
You can find more information about both beds in their individual in-depth reviews here”
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This steel coil and latex hybrid is compressed into a box when shipped.
The cover of this 11” mattress is made up of GOTS certified organic cotton and GOTS certified organic wool. Wool rosettes are used to create a button tufted design that helps to eliminate the need for adhesives.
An optional Euro top is available for purchase, which would add 2 extra inches of height to the bed.
- The first layer contains a 2-inch tall GOLS certified Dunlop latex designed to promote a cooler sleep due to its aerated construction.
- The second layer holds Steel Coils measuring 8 inches in height. This coil system features 3 comfort zones offering varying levels of support and pressure relief for the shoulders, knees, or hips.
- The base layer is a 1-inch Dunlop latex which is meant to provide a firm, sturdy base for the upper materials.
- The perimeter utilizes reinforced coils to ensure the sleeper can roll up right up to the edge of this mattress without feeling like they might fall off.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
This latex mattress is compressed and then shipped to your door inside a box.
The organic circular-knit cotton cover features an inch of temperature-regulating New Zealand wool. This bed is available in 3 different heights, 9, 10, and 12 inches. We will focus on the construction of the 10-inch model.
- The top layer is a 3-inch Medium Arpico latex. The shoulders and hips should experience pressure-relieving compression, while the spine remains in a neutral, straight position.
- The second layer consists of a 3-inch Medium-Firm Arpico latex. This material should feel firmer than the one above it, offering solid support to the sleeper. The bed can be unzipped and this layer can be placed on top to create a firmer overall feel.
- The base layer holds a third 3-inch Firm Arpico latex that creates a foundation for the comfort materials.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our comfort scale, we have assigned a ranking to each brand that should give you an idea of how either bed should feel. This scale assumes that 1 should feel whisper soft and 10 should feel firmer than cement.
Avocado’s mattress features a score of 7, which should feel medium-firm depending on the shopper. PlushBeds’ medium setting is scored at 5, while the firmer option holds a firm score of 7.5-8.
Either item should be a good fit for shoppers seeking a medium comfort option. Those who prefer a firmer feel should opt for the PlushBed.
Lying on each mattress should feel somewhat similar at first as temperature-regulating wool and organic cotton envelops you in a gentle cradle. The coils in the Avocado should offer pushback that prevents the shopper from sinking too deeply, providing bounce and enhanced zoned support.
PlushBed’s latex materials and all-foam construction should offer enhanced compression, making it a great option for people seeking extra pressure relief, larger models can be split, allowing for different comfort feels for co-sleepers.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Neither mattress should allow too much sinkage, shoppers should come to rest inside a gentle cradle when sleeping in either bed. Avocado should offer moderate bounce when compared to a typical hybrid, while PlushBeds latex bed should offer high levels of bounce as compared to most all-foam products.
However, when comparing the two items to each other, there should be more bounce present in the hybrid as the coils should add more spring than the latex in the all-foam.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Because this hybrid has slightly lower levels of bounce compared to the average hybrid and innersprings, it should allow less motion transfer than other products of the same type. Similarly, the latex mattress may provide more motion transfer than most all-foam beds because of its high levels of bounce.
When compared to each other, however, the PlushBed might be the best pick for someone looking to maximize energy isolation because all-foam models tend to outperform hybrids in this area as a whole.
Comparing Edge Support
Reinforced coils around the edges of the Avocado mattress should provide sturdy edge support designed to keep compression feeling consistent across the entire surface of this bed.
There may be more compression when lying on the edge of the latex PlushBed and a deeper compression when sitting. Overall, if couples are looking to spread out a bit and require solid edge support, Avocado’s reinforced edge coils maybe the way to go.
Avocado vs. PlushBeds Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||11”||9”, 10”, 12”|
|Cover||New Zealand wool, organic cotton||New Zealand wool, organic circular-knit cotton|
|Materials||Steel coils, Dunlop latex||Organic Arpico latex|
|Cooling||Wool, individually pocketed coils||Wool, breathable cover|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||25 years||25 years|
|Trial Period||1 year||100 nights|
|Certifications||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS, GREENGUARD Gold, and eco-INSTITUT® certified, GOLS certified, Made Safe||GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, eco-INSTITUT, GOTS, GOLS, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Ships free in the United States, optional White Glove Delivery is available and free to buyers purchasing a king-sized mattress||Free in the contiguous United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Avocado Price (w/o discount)||PlushBeds Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||$899||$1,249 (for 10”)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,248|
Should I Buy Avocado or PlushBeds?
Hybrid or all-foam? All-foam or hybrid? If you are still kicking the metaphorical tires of these beds, check out our suggested sleeper recommendations below and see where you line up.
We Would Recommend Buying Avocado if You are Looking for:
- A hybrid experience. Shoppers should notice a classic latex mattress feel at first, with more sturdy support when the coils become activated. Reinforced edges help to maximize the usable sleep surface.
- Zoned support. The coil system offers 3 comfort zones to ensure the shoulder, hip, and knee areas receive the proper pressure relief and support.
- Made Safe certifications. Multiple certifications promise that this is a product with low VOC emissions and safe or non-existent levels of additives. The cover's cotton and interior wool is certified organic, as is the latex. The rare Made Safe certification is given to non-toxic products.
We Would Recommend Buying PlushBeds if You are Looking for:
- A classic latex experience. If you are looking for soothing pressure relief lots of bounce, this springy latex bed should be right up your alley.
- Double-sided comfort. The layers inside this mattress can be flipped so shoppers can enjoy either a medium or firm comfort level. Queen sizes and larger can come in split models, which should allow couples to create different individual feels to suit their personal needs.
- Organic certifications. This product features loads of certifications promising the materials used inside are clean and organic.
Buyers in search of clean, natural materials and a medium comfort level should be drawn to either brand. Avocado promises zoned comfort and enhanced edge support along with that classic hybrid bounce. PlushBeds should work well for anyone seeking double-sided comfort and enhanced pressure relief.
Don’t forget to read through our individual in-depth reviews for more information on each bed. Or, for more great options you should take a look at our list of top rated beds.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.