Looking to cut the filler from your mattress like these online brands cut the middle man out of buying a new bed?
This PlushBeds and Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex comparison will help you decide between a latex product created by a company dedicated to innovating their sleep products while staying true to their organic roots, and a hybrid built by a family-owned, factory-direct company that also values organic and natural materials.
Quick Comparison: PlushBeds vs. Nest Bedding Latex Hybrid
- Want bounce
- Sleep hot
SLEEPADVISE8 or click the button below
- Traditional innerspring feel
- Exceptional edge support
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
This is an all-foam mattress containing latex. The company compresses the bed in order to ship it to your home in a convenient box.
The organic circular-knit cotton cover contains an inch of New Zealand wool to promote natural temperature-regulation.
This item is available in 9, 10, and 11-inch versions, each with a slightly different build. It is also offered in both medium and firm comfort levels. We will focus on the construction of the 10-inch medium mattress.
- The top layer holds a 3-inch Medium Arpico latex designed to distribute weight evenly and reduce pressure in the shoulder and hip areas.
- The second layer contains a 3-inch Medium-Firm Arpico latex designed to offer a deep level of support. The mattress can be unzipped, allowing the sleeper to place this layer on top to create a firmer overall feel. Split Queen, King, and Cali King sizes allow couples to create different feels on either side of their mattress.
- The bottom layer uses a 3-inch Firm Arpico latex to create a solid foundation for the bed.
Nest Bedding Construction
This latex and coil hybrid is compressed into a box when shipped.
This 13-inch mattress features a pillow top made of 1.25-inch EcoFlex foam wrapped in organic cotton and filled with Joma Wool.
- The initial layer is a 3-inch OEKO-TEX® Dunlop latex intended to be responsive and bouncy. Shoppers are likely to notice enhanced pressure relief as this material gives way beneath their position.
- The next layer is a 1-inch transitional material that the brand calls Eco-Friendly foam.
- The third layer contains Caliber™ Edge pocketed coils that stand 6 inches in height. The pocketed design is meant to enhance the airflow in the product, which should prevent overheating. The coils are designed to compress individually, promoting pressure relief and motion isolation.
- The final layer holds a 1-inch foam that acts as a dense, motion-absorbing foundation for the comfort materials and coils.
- The perimeter helps to create a stable feel all the way across the bed via reinforced steel coils. These springs are encased with fabric to help reduce motion transfer.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Botanical Bliss is available in a medium or medium-firm comfort level. The medium model is ranked at 5 on our comfort scale, while the medium-firm scores 7.5-8. This scale uses a 1-10 system to determine the feel of each product, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest.
The Latex Hybrid offers three comfort levels, a soft 4.5, a medium 6.5, and a firm 8.5. Sleepers often vary in their comfort preferences based on what position they usually sleep in. A side sleeper might enjoy the softer version as it should reduce pressure in the hips or shoulders, while a stomach sleeper may opt for firm support that prevents the hips from sinking.
Lying on the Botanical Bliss, shoppers may notice a temperature-neutral feel thanks to the wool inside the cover. They should feel cool and comfortable as the top materials contour gently to the body. Each material in this product is designed to offer enhanced pressure relief, from the soft latex to the springs that compress individually in reaction to the shopper’s position.
The hybrid’s pillow top should feel plush, providing pressure relief and even weight distribution. The coil system works to offer a deeper level of support that conforms to the movements of the sleeper.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The medium and firm versions of these beds are not likely to allow much sinkage. People should enjoy a gentle cradle that holds them close to the top of either mattress. There may be somewhat deeper sinkage noticed in the softest model of the hybrid.
Both brands offer high levels of bounce that propel the sleeper toward the top of either mattress when they roll around (without throwing them completely out of bed, of course). Combined with the fast response of the latex in either item, this adds up to easier movement for combination sleepers who switch up their position frequently.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Because they have so much bounce, there may also be a lot of motion transfer present in each item. For the most part, shoppers should not have any trouble resting peacefully on either mattress. However, for light sleepers or people with very restless partners, the PlushBed may be the way to go as its all-foam construction should help to reduce a little bit of motion transfer when compared to the springs inside the hybrid.
Comparing Edge Support
If you share a bed with your partner and need a bit of extra space, or if you simply like to sprawl out across your entire mattress, you probably prioritize edge support. Being made of latex, there might be some compression present when lying on the edge of the Botanical Bliss. The hybrid mattress makes a good choice for those looking for enhanced edge support thanks to the reinforced edge coils.
PlushBeds vs. Nest Bedding Latex Hybrid Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||9”, 10”, 12”||13.5”|
|Cover||Organic circular-knit cotton, New Zealand wool||Organic cotton, Joma Wool, EcoFlex foam|
|Materials||Organic Arpico latex||Dunlop latex, coils|
|Cooling||Wool, breathable cover||Pocketed coils|
|Firmness||5/10, 7.5-8/10||4.5/10, 6.5/10, 8.5/10|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Trial Period||100 nights||100 nights|
|Certifications||GOTS, GOLS, eco-INSTITUT, GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council||GOTS, OEKO-TEX®, CertiPUR-US®|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free in the contiguous United States||Free in the continental United States, worldwide delivery is available, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||PlushBeds Price (for 10” model w/o discount)||Nest Bedding Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||$2,248||$1,799|
Should I Buy the PlushBed or Nest Bedding Latex Hybrid?
Ready to find out if the all-foam or hybrid is your destiny? Our sleeper recommendations are like shaking a Magic 8 ball … that really hopes you get some quality nap time.
And for more options, check out our top picks.
We Would Recommend Buying the PlushBed if You are Looking for:
- Enhanced motion control. Being an all-foam mattress, this product works to absorb movement and isolate vibration so co-sleepers can remain undisturbed as their partners move around through the night.
- Split comfort levels. This product is available in a split model for Queen, King, or Cali King sizes. This allows co-sleepers to create a medium feel on one side and medium-firm feel on the other if this is desired to fit their differing needs.
- Organic materials. The latex and cotton used in this item are both certified organic, promising a more natural sleep experience.
We Would Recommend Buying Nest Bedding if You are Looking for:
- Easy mobility. Bouncy latex, materials that reshape quickly, and a sturdy spring system work to provide easy mobility so shoppers don’t feel “stuck” in the mattress.
- Multiple comfort options. Customers can choose between plush, medium, or firm comfort options in order to experience the feel that best suits their needs and preferences.
- A classic hybrid experience. In this hybrid, the latex gently conforms to the body, providing pressure relief and lumbar support. The coil system is designed to compress under the shopper’s weight, allowing for a deeper level of support and pressure relief that conforms to the individual’s needs.
So, there you have it. If you are looking for a natural product that helps prevent overheating and allows you to customize your comfort options, the PlushBed is for you. Nest Bedding’s latex hybrid will feel right at home for anyone wanting lots of bounce, deep compression and support, and the ability to choose their favorite comfort setting.
Remember to click through to our in-depth reviews to get a closer look at each bed.