Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Are you environmentally conscious, but afraid to empty your wallet on a good night's rest by purchasing an expensive organic mattress?
Nest Bedding delivers a hybrid latex mattress that serves those who have both a budget and their carbon footprint in mind. Not only do they provide a luxury mattress in both Natural Latex and Organic Latex models, but they do so at a more affordable price that includes a Lifetime Warranty and Comfort Guarantee.
This in-depth review of Nest Bedding’s Hybrid Latex Mattress is scored using standards we developed to help you find your best night sleep. It will analyze the key characteristics that you look for in a bed, such as comfort, support, and overall quality.
The brand does offer the Natural and Organic options, but this review will focus on the Natural model set to a Medium firmness level. The manufacturer also ships a Plush and Firm model in either the Natural or Organic models.
Keep reading for our detailed review or go ahead and skip right on down to our wrap up and scoring sections below.
You will love the Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex if you:
- Need an Eco-friendly sleeping experience – With both the Natural and Organic options of this product, Nest Bedding goes above and beyond to provide an environmentally conscious choice of mattress. The Natural version has both a GOTS and OEKO-TEX® certifications, while the Organic model boasts a GOTS and two GOLS certifications. These are industry-independent organizations that guarantee the omission of hazardous materials.
- Want a traditional innerspring feel – The support layer in this product consists of pocketed coils that enhance the bounce and airflow of a traditional innerspring design by providing a latex comfort layer that enhances both comfort and motion isolation.
- Exceptional edge support – Those that share their sleeping area with children or a fluffy friend appreciate a bed with great edge support because edge-to-edge support creates more usable space. The pocketed coils are designed using a trademarked Caliber™ Edge support system that provides a superior edge.
You might not like the Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex if you:
- Prefer a memory foam feel – Unlike memory foam, Latex is more quick to respond, and while you may sink into the bed, it does not conform as specifically to your body. This looser cradle in more breathable materials generally allows sleepers to find a cooler night’s rest and easier time transitioning between sleeping positions.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This Nest Bedding model is compressed in a box and delivered to your door. Once inside your home, four heavy duty handles make installation a breeze.
It is designed to rest on a flat, rigid, non-flexible foundation, and the manufacturer offers two suitable products on their website. It is also compatible with an adjustable base.
The non-removable cover is made with a quarter inch of organic cotton and Joma wool and quilted with a thin, 1.5 inches layer of EcoFlex foam. The cover does zip open to reveal the inside of the mattress, but should only be spot cleaned as needed.
- The first layer is 3 inches of Medium OEKO-TEX® Dunlop Latex. This responsive comfort layer conforms to curves and provides surface level bounce to assist repositioning sleepers.
- The second layer is a 1-inch layer of transitional Eco-Friendly Comfort Foam that helps to ease the sleeper's body into the support layer beneath.
- The third layer is made of a 6-inch Caliber™ Edge pocketed coil system. This support layer adds comfort by providing deep compression support and supplementary airflow through the mattress. This helps reduce heat so you can rest cool and comfortably.
- The base consists of a 1-inch layer of transitional foam that acts to support and protect the coil layer. This foam is denser than the first layer and acts as an additional casing for the mattress.
- The perimeter is reinforced with fabric encased steel coils that provide additional edge support. These coils are firmer than those in the center of the mattress.
The Organic Latex model compares similarly to the Natural. The greatest differences being the Organic presents a GOLS Certified Dunlop Latex and has certified wool batting in place of the EcoFlex quilting.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex mattress offers three firmness levels. We score on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 resembles a cloud while 10 might as well be a rock. We scored the Plush at a 4.5, the Medium at 6.5, and the Luxury Firm at about an 8.5.
When getting into the Medium version there is a noticeable amount of bounce, but as you lay down and sink into a gentle cradle you can feel the comfort and support it provides. Sleepers, especially combination sleepers, should enjoy the ease of movement this product allows.
The porous EcoFlex foam that is quilted into the plush cotton cover provides sleepers with top layer experience similar to an ultra-thin memory foam mattress topper.
Back sleepers should enjoy the pressure relief from both their lower spine and shoulders that the pocket coils provide, while the top latex layer conforms to their bodies shape to provide the desired comfort. The firm might be a good option for individuals who prefer to sleep on top of rather than cradled in the bed.
The coil support system is also great for stomach sleepers. The firmer foam in the top layer should help maintain healthy spine alignment. For those who have heavier middles, it is possible they might enjoy the Firm option more than the Medium because it keeps their hips level.
The deeper coils help provide additional pressure relief in the shoulders and hips for side sleepers. For those that have lighter weight considerations or just like a softer bed, they may feel that they are not sinking into the mattress as much as they might desire. For these individuals, we would recommend the Plush option.
This product should serve every sleeping position and almost all weight considerations, seeing as it has a 900-pound weight limit, but it may best accommodate those that sleep on either their back or their stomach. The company’s Lifetime Comfort Guarantee ensures you can try and swap out for a better feel for a full refund within 100 days or for a percentage of the purchase price after.
On its own latex does a decent job at maintaining motion isolation, and when coupled with the pocketed coils, motion transfer from one end of the bed to the other is exceptionally good for a latex hybrid. Unlike interconnected coil units, pocketed coils compress individually, preventing motion from traveling. Most sleepers should find they are not disturbed when sleeping with a partner on this mattress.
Typically, bed-in-a-box brands do not excel in this category because they are made from materials that compress, but this mattress is an exception. The Caliber™ Edge technology incorporated into this mattress provides a reinforced perimeter that keeps you safely tucked in.
When sitting on the edge you should immediately feel supported by the steel coils. Compression on the cotton cover and top comfort layer is normal, but when lying on the edge your weight should be comfortably supported by the strong coils below the surface.
- Trial Period – Their 100-Night In-Home Trial allows customers to try the bed and send it back for a full refund within the first 100 days. (Excluding Canada, all international sales are final.)
- Warranty – A Limited Lifetime Warranty. This is exceptionally generous by industry standards.
- Lifetime Comfort Guarantee – After the 100-Night In-Home Trial, customers may exchange their old mattress for a different size or model at only 50% of the purchase price of the new bed.
- Shipping – Shipping is free in the contiguous United States, but will ship their products all over the world. For those who want a traditional shipping experience, white glove delivery is available upon request.
OEKO-TEX® Certification – The latex in this mattress surpassed meticulous safety regulations that test for harmful chemicals.
- GOTS Certified – An international third-party standard qualifies the cotton used in this product as an organic textile.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This product was made avoiding harmful amounts of potentially hazardous materials, such as mercury, formaldehyde, and lead.
- Organic Latex Model Certifications – The organic model sports a GOTS and two GOLS certifications. GOLS confirms that the latex was made from over 95% of certified raw organic substances.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 13.5”||$999|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 13.5”||$1,099|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13.5”||$1,299|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13.5||$1,499|
|King||76” x 80” x 13.5”||$1,699|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13.5”||$1,699|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 13.5”||$1,799|
|Split Cali King||72” x 84” x 13.5”||$1,799|
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11.5”||$1,499|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 11.5”||$1,599|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11.5”||$1,919|
|Full XL||54” x 80” x 11.5”||$1,949|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11.5||$2,099|
|King||76” x 80” x 11.5”||$2,599|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11.5”||$2,599|
The Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex is an eco-friendly competitor that provides exceptional comfort and support at a fair price.
Nest Bedding provides a unique opportunity for a quality customer to retailer relationship by providing their 100-night in home trial and their Lifetime Comfort Guarantee. But where they really put their product on the line is with their Lifetime Warranty, which backs the company’s claim that this mattress is made to endure.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.