Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Want your mattress to last twice as long? You could just flip it over to potentially get more life out of it.
This is the philosophy behind the Signature Sleep Contour 8 Inch Reversible Mattress. Both sides offer the same firmness, all that is needed is each time you change your sheets, just flip the mattress over to extend the life of your product. This budget-friendly pocket coil hybrid sports dense foam on top to help sleepers find a supportive nights rest.
Our in-depth overview of the Signature Sleep Contour 8” bed looks at all the preferences needed to help you find a great night's rest. The following will analyze some necessities like comfort and support but also looks at sleep preferences like edge support, bounce, and motion transfer.
Follow along to get all the essential details regarding this mattress, or skip to the bottom to check out the scoring and summary section of this review.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Love an innerspring feel – With only about a half inch of foam separating you from the coils beneath, this mattress should really offer an innerspring experience that many folks grew up adoring.
- Sleep hot – This is a thin mattress with a pocket coil layer that allows this product to breathe. With only 1 inch of foam, significant amounts of heat should not get trapped under sleepers, allowing temperatures to regulate during the night.
- Are looking for some extra bounce – This product supports a ton of bounce, which should be great for facilitating repositioning and getting in and out of bed. Beware, if you have kids they may sneak into your room during the day to take a jump on this springy surface.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Love a memory foam feel – The foam in the top layer of this product is a supportive foam, so it may not have those same contouring abilities that many memory foam beds provide, but sleepers can enjoy more bounce and ease of repositioning in this option. You can even see our top picks for 2020 for more ideas.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Your new mattress arrives compressed and rolled into a box and should be fairly lightweight for convenient setup, though it is typically recommended to use at least two people to install a bed.
This should work with most frames and box springs but is not supported by an adjustable base.
This brand is 8 inches tall and is covered by a soft breathable knit fabric to help keep you cool during the night.
- The first layer is 0.5 inches of high-density support foam. This layer provides some initial contouring before sinking into the highly supportive coil layer beneath.
- The second layer sports 7 inches of 800 plus independently encased coils that should foster lasting support and deliver added breathability to the mattress.
- The third layer is the same as the first, 0.5 inches of high-density support foam, as this product is designed to be flipped over for even use.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate mattresses on a score of 1 to 10, with a 10 being the firmest possible score, and this bed is nearly there, scoring at an 8.5 on our scale. Folks who enjoy a firm surface with a whole lot of bounce should take to this bed quickly. The top foam offers slight contouring by providing sleepers with a gentle cradle.
As sleepers quickly sink through the top comfort layers they should find strong support from the coils beneath. These buoyant coils should be great for folks who reposition frequently during the night, as it should simply their repositioning movements. This bed should feel rather comfortable for most people, but keep in mind that everyone feels a bed differently.
Back sleepers, this mattress does not lack in support. It should leave you floating on top and fosters just enough sinkage to keep you comfortably supported and aligned.
Side Sleepers often love a bed that can foster additional pressure relief. Most of them, especially heavier set individuals, should find that this offers enough sinkage to wipe away pressure in the hips and shoulders, but there may still be many side sleepers who need to look at a softer option for enhanced pressure relief.
This mattress should really shine for stomach sleepers, as these folks typically look for a product that can support the weight of their hips and keep them aligned with their shoulders. Stomach sleepers need not fear, this should check all the support boxes on your comfort list.
This bed gets the job done and most sleepers should find a perfectly comfortable night’s rest while sleeping on this product. For folks on the significantly heavier side, there is no specific weight limit, but the company suggests looking into another option, as it is possible that the 8-inch profile may not fully support your weight considerations.
Motion isolation is great for people who co-sleep, whether that be with a partner, kids, of a few fluffy friends. A bed with good motion transfer properties holds movement to its source so it does not wake the person on the other end.
Individually wrapped coils will help reduce motion transfer compared to traditional innerspring models, but if you have a restless partner, you still may experience some disturbances. Now whether or not that motion is enough to wake you, all depends on how deeply you sleep. If you share a bed with your partner, and you are worried about motion, you may consider looking at a different option.
Edge support can be important for people who share a bed and like to maximize their sleeping surface. It is important to note that most bed-in-a-box companies do not score too well in this category because of the nature of compressing a bed into a box.
This mattress scores above the industry standard in this field. The combination of the supportive foam on top as well as the firm coils beneath help to give this bed pretty supportive edges. Lying on the edge of this bed should never leave you with problems and when sitting down on the side to tie your shoes, you may notice slight compression, but nothing worth worrying over.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams in this product have been tested and meet a third-party standard that performs safety and emission tests that look for potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals and materials.
The Signature Sleep Contour 8" Reversible Mattress is a budget bed that offers fantastic support for folks who enjoy a firmer surface.
Note: We did not include Trial/Warranty scores due Amazon Associates Program stipulations.
Signature Sleep Contour 8″ offers a good value for shoppers on a shoestring budget. The ability use both sides of this product should allow it to perform for a long number of years before ever earing down.
This product could be a great option for folks who enjoy an exceptionally firm bed. If you are in search of value and support, check out this brand.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.