Allswell is making a name for itself in the budget mattress game with their hybrid mattress, offering comfort and support at an attractive price. Ringing in at less than $400, Allswell gives other brands a run for their money and contributes some stiff competition with its individually wrapped coils, and graphite and copper-infused memory foam.
If you're searching for an excellent bed without breaking the bank, this is a favorite of Sleep Advisor's in the budget choice category. In addition to comfort, this mattress offers quality edge support and innovative cooling capabilities to keep you comfortable. Read on for our in-depth analysis of the Allswell mattress or if you are in a hurry, skip down to our scoring and recap.
Excellent Matches For Allswell
- Stomach Sleepers – The individually wrapped coils provide excellent support for stomach sleepers who typically require a firmer mattress. The soft yet supportive bed offers terrific lift and spinal alignment.
- Combination Sleepers – This bed provides quality support for back sleepers as the foam top offers support in the lower back region, and the spring coils and polyfoam make for a good response when shifting positions in the middle of the night.
- Couples – The edge support for the price is outstanding. When shifting to the very end on either side, the reinforced edges should offer a comfortable, supportive surface end-to-end without compromising space due to sagging, making it an excellent choice for couples.
Possible Allswell Considerations:
- Firmer Bed – Comfort is relative, and some individuals enjoy a cushier experience; this could be due to back pain or body aches that require significant pressure relief. Side sleepers may experience pressure near the hips and shoulders due to the mattress’s firmly supportive nature. Sensitive sleepers may prefer their Luxe or Supreme models.
- Arrives in a Box – While a boxed delivery may be appealing to some buyers, this often means there will need to be an unboxing period. Before dressing up your mattress with bedding for a cozy night, the bed will need to expand to its proper form. Otherwise, it could be compromised by body pressure prematurely.
Construction: What’s Inside the Allswell?
The 10-inch thick Allswell Hybrid bed combines cooling graphite (charcoal) and copper-infused memory foam along with individually wrapped coils to offer substantial support, cooling, and pressure relief. This quilted top layer is embroidered with the signature Allswell A insignia, and the gel-infused memory foam works to keep sleepers cool while the innerspring layer provides support.
- The cover of this bed consists of a quilted top that’s made from a material that is a blend of 67 percent polyester and 33 percent polyethylene. Woven into this is the company’s A insignia. This top is quilted into the memory foam layer below for a plush, comfortable feel.
- Below the cover is two inches of memory foam that provides the sleeper with comfort and quick pressure relief. This layer of memory foam is also infused with both charcoal and copper gel, which helps transfer heat away from the body to prevent any overheating during the night - an especially beneficial quality for those who prefer the cradling capabilities of memory foam but also tend to sleep hot.
- The support layer sits at the bottom of the mattress. This layer consists of a system of individually pocketed 8-inch coils, which fosters airflow, cooling, stability, and motion isolation. The motion isolation can be helpful for those who sleep with a partner and are consistently woken up by movement during the night.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The bed arrives at your home compressed into a box. After unboxing, it should expand to its full height by 48 hours, and the A insignia should be at the foot of your bed.
Upon laying down, you'll sink into the cushy top layer, which should fill the space in your lower back, alleviate tension, align your spine, and provide support. The individually wrapped coils should give most sleepers a buoyant lift, preventing you from sinking uncomfortably and offering excellent bounce, comfort, and motion isolation.
Firmness Scale: 7/10 (Slightly Firm)
If you lie on the floor, you'll quickly discover where your pressure points are, especially if you adjust to your side or if your weight is concentrated more in one area. It doesn't feel great, which is why mattresses need quality pressure relief to alleviate these tensions.
This company has proven that comfort doesn't have to cost a fortune. Allswell believes good sleep should be a fundamental right and accessible to a wide range of income levels, if not to all.
Allswell's approach to pressure relief lies primarily in the two inches of gel memory foam. This highly responsive material offers bounce and a quick response, keeping the sleeper more on top of the mattress rather than wrapped up in it. Due to the buoyant nature of the foam, this makes the bed an excellent product for stomach, back, and combo sleepers, who often need a mattress that allows them to shift easily.
One of the best methods to keep back and neck pain at bay is to make sure your bedding provides optimum support for good spinal alignment.
The support system of the Allswell consists of an eight-inch thick layer of individually wrapped coils, which offers excellent motion isolation and comfortable support.
The thicker coils along the sides aid in superb edge support to maximize space without the feeling like you're rolling off. This feature can make a considerable difference if you use your bed as a place to sit or share the bed with a partner because if the edge support is poor, you both might be crowding toward the middle.
Optional White Glove Delivery
Allswell offers optional White Glove Delivery and Haul Away in the contiguous U.S. for an additional charge. Upon delivery they’ll help you get your bed set up for you so you don’t have to worry about unboxing. However, White Glove Delivery is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Expedited delivery options are available for an extra cost.
Innerspring mattresses foster natural air circulation, which minimizes heat retention, letting cooler air flow freely. Individually wrapped coil spring beds are amongst the coolest on the market due to this feature.
Exceptional Edge Support
By using thicker coils around the perimeter, the edge support on the Allswell is exceptional. Firmer edges help couples to maximize surface space and avoid the sensation of falling off near the sides.
Individuals who are sexually active or combo sleepers and need to adjust in the night sometimes struggle with mobility in softer beds. These combo sleepers typically prefer mattresses like the Allswell with a bit more bounce to assist movement.
- Eco-Friendly Certifications - The Allswell brand is certified by CertiPUR-US which means the product is low in VOCs (volatile organic compound) and free of other harmful substances, including flame retardants, ozone depleters, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, PBDEs, TDCPP, TCEP, and phthalates.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Ground shipping is free with any purchase over $35 in the contiguous United States, excluding California. There is an additional shipping free of $50 for orders to Alaska or Hawaii, regardless of the total amount of your order.
- White-Glove Delivery - White Glove Delivery is optional for an additional fee, they can even remove your old mattress for you. This service is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Trial - For 100 nights, you can rest easy knowing you have considerable time to decide the Allswell is the perfect bed for you, and if it isn't, the company will refund your money.
- Warranty - Allswell offers a 10-year limited warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38.5” x 74.5” x 10”||$265|
|Twin XL||38.5” x 79.5” x 10”||$295|
|Full||54” x 74.5” x 10”||$345|
|Queen||60” x 79.5” x 10”||$375|
|King||75.5” x 79.5” x 10”||$465|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10||$465|
Allswell offers exceptional comfort at a widely accessible price, and we think the quality of their product will make many sleepers happy.
Side sleepers are likely the only types who won't have the best experience with the Allswell as it runs a bit on the firmer side. While it offers excellent support, the pressure relief isn't quite at the level provided in some softer options, which could better accommodate those with hip or shoulder pain.
This bed is an excellent choice for back sleepers due to the gel-infused memory foam and dense poly foam top layers. These should fill in space under your lower back region, providing lumbar support and contouring, keeping your spine aligned. The innerspring coils offer stable support and bounce, letting you adjust as needed.
Stomach sleepers should enjoy this bed due to its firm nature. Sleeping on your stomach isn't ideal for your lower back; however, if that's what you're resigned to, a firmer bed will help to keep your spine aligned and work to minimize hyperextension. Further, the bounce quality allows you not to feel smothered as you rest on your stomach.
Repositioning is often a concern for combo sleepers, but the Allswells bounce should make it easy. Adjustments in the middle of the night shouldn't be a struggle due to the mattress' individually wrapped coils and the high-density foam's responsiveness. However, if you often end up on your side, the firm feel could leave some extra cushioning to be desired.
Allswell is an excellent option for couples due to its terrific motion isolation, cooling coil support for temperature maintenance, and thicker coils around the perimeter for edge support. This mattress is a regarded choice for back and stomach types and has excellent bounce for those who are sexually active.
While Allswell is a quality mattress, you can only pack so much into a 10-inch thick product. The innerspring design offers terrific support. However, heavier frames may sink through the top foam layers more quickly than others and could experience discomfort if resting on the coils. However, there is a 100 night trial period to see for yourself without worry.
Lightweight sleepers often experience more shoulder and hip pain than others because they don't sink as deeply into a bed's pressure-relief layers. As a result, they typically prefer a softer mattress. The Allswell, while an excellent choice for many, is still a bed that is on the firmer side and typically not ideal for lighter sleepers.
Allswell offers incredible value with their budget brand at an attractive price. Their mattress caters to a variety of sleepers (back, stomach, combo, couples) while providing remarkable comfort. With the pressure-relieving foam layers, reinforced spring edges, and cooling innerspring support, we're happy to recommend the Allswell mattress as an excellent value.