What good is a new mattress if the pricetag keeps you up at night?
Allswell Home believes that comfortable sleep is a right and should be accessible to everyone. This is a brand dedicated to improvement, which is why it’s continually innovating its products.
The Allswell Luxe Hybrid demonstrates a dedication to quality and successful sleep. This hybrid mattress has added a lot of features that the brand claims provide customers with a premium night’s sleep.
Our in-depth Allswell Luxe Hybrid overview covers everything you want to know about this bed—how it feels, how supportive it is, and its overall value. We even dive into things like cooling, motion transfer, and edge support.
Keep chugging along to get the full scoop, or you can jump to the end for our summary and scoring.
Who Do We Think Matches With Allswell Luxe Hybrid?
- Shoppers seeking affordable luxury – This brand gives savings back to customers in the form of a more premium sleep at a bargain. Allswell Home does this by selling its products online, cutting out the middlemen, like salespersons and in-home installation.
- Sleepers who overheat – This company uses a breathable cover topped over a cooling memory foam designed to disperse heat and moisture. In the core of the bed are the pocket coils, which keep the inside open so air can freely filter through.
- Innerspring Fans – This hybrid gives customers that traditional coil feel with the added benefit of pressure-relieving foams. The pocket coils provide sufficient bounce that can aid a repositioning sleeper.
Possible Allswell Luxe Hybrid Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a classic memory foam feel – While there is foam in the top and bottom layers, this is not a 100% foam build. It may not have that same deep hugging sensation that these sleepers are looking for, but the individually wrapped coils help add the supportive body conformance.
Construction: What’s inside Allswell Luxe Hybrid?
The mattress is furnished with a circular knit fabric and finished with polyester and nylon. This top material is quilted with 0.5 inches of cooling SwirlFoam, giving it a plush design that should feel quite cozy for most people. This material covers all 4 layers of the mattress beneath to make up a total height of 12 inches.
- The first layer is 2 inches of copper-infused memory foam that fosters a cradling feel for the sleeper and begins to help relieve pressure. The copper in the foam helps to dissipate heat, mitigating the overheating tendencies often associated with memory foam. It is also anti-microbial and designed to help relieve muscle and joint pain.
- The second layer is 1 inch of high-density polyurethane foam that was designed to help transition the sleepers into the layers beneath.
- The third layer is the support center of the bed. This is 8 inches of individually wrapped coils, with exterior rows that sport a higher gauge for stronger edge support.
- The final layer is a higher density 0.5-inch polyurethane foam that helps cushion the base.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Allswell rolls and compresses its mattress into a box, which is then delivered to your door for no additional cost. Once inside, this mattress can be set on either a box spring, slatted base, flat platform, or even an adjustable base.
The Luxe Hybrid fosters a gentle cradle that was designed to leave sleepers feeling cool and relaxed. As their weight pushes past the comfort layers they should find great support in the coils. These pocket springs are at the core of this product and help to evenly distribute weight, so the sleeper can maintain optimal alignment.
Firmness Scale: 7/10
Achy muscles and joints are often related to excess pressure on heavier areas of the body. In order to facilitate relief, beds require a construction aimed at absorbing the pressure in places like the shoulders and hips. Of all materials, foam is one of the best for pressure relief because it molds to the natural shape of the body, allowing those heavier areas to sink in.
The Luxe should be a great fit for sleepers who require pressure relief, especially those that sleep on their sides and back. The gel-swirl memory foam in the cover should provide some initial relief for joints, and the additional foam layers may enhance this.
The next key component in a mattress is support, a crucial element when it comes to keeping the spine in optimal alignment. While you want those heavier areas to sink in for pressure relief, you don’t want the rest of your body sinking through the bed and ending up in an awkward position. Adequate support promotes a healthy spine and should make your chiropractor’s job a little easier.
This mattress is delivered to your door rolled and compressed into a box. This free delivery method cuts down on costs for the company, which they pass along in savings to customers.
Optional White Glove Delivery
For an additional fee, Allswell will deliver the Luxe to your door and take care of set-up on your bed frame. You also have the option of adding on the removal of your old mattress with this service. A Queen-size comes in at just under 100 pounds, so for those who require assistance with lifting, this is a nice feature to have.
The cooling SwirlFoam in the cover is designed to combat the tendency of memory foam to overheat. The infusion of copper in the memory foam should also help to draw away heat and keep sleepers cool. Individually pocketed coils allow maximum airflow and breathability to assist with temperature regulation.
Exceptional Edge Support
Allswell Home has found a way around the problem many bed-in-a-box brands face when it comes to poor edge support. The company uses reinforced perimeter coils around the inside edge of the mattress to increase support. Sleepers can sit and sleep on the edge without feeling like they might tumble onto the ground.
Great Motion Isolation
Motion transfer is described as the movement that travels across the bed’s surface. People who share a sleeping space often want a mattress that has minimal motion transfer.
Considering this mattress has some good bounce to it, the motion isolation qualities really pay off. This can be attributed to the foams as well as the pocket coils, which, unlike coil mattresses of old, operate separate from one another, anchoring motion to each individual spring.
Coils are great for repositioning and bounce. These facilitate movements like transitioning between positions throughout the night. If you have toddlers, they can also be great fun for jumping on the bed.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The manufacturing process of this product avoids ozone depleters and uses safe amounts of potentially hazardous materials, like mercury, formaldehyde, and lead.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - The brand offers free ground shipping to all of the US, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Trial - Customers can try out this product in their home for 100 nights. If it is not what they were hoping for, they can send it back for a full refund.
- Warranty - This product is protected with a limited 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||37.5” x 74” x 12”||$395 |
|Twin XL||37.5” x 79” x 12”||$445|
|Full||52.5” x 74” x 12”||$545|
|Queen||65.5” x 79” x 12||$645|
|King||75.5” x 79” x 12”||$845|
The Allswell Luxe Hybrid is a premium option for sleepers who love the finer things in life but also want to save money on their new bed. This is luxury comfort on a budget.
Shoulders and hips can really dig into the mattress in a way that makes sleeping uncomfortable. Side sleepers will likely love how the memory foams in the comfort layers ease those pressure points. Some folks, particularly ones who are lighter, may find this bed too firm for this position.
The foams in the comfort layer were designed to fill the gap between the shoulders and hips. This is great news for back sleepers, as it is this aspect that makes this bed good for alignment and overall comfort.
This bed could be an excellent choice if you are a stomach sleeper. Beds that range on the firm side typically help keep the sleepers’ hips elevated. This enables their body to stay aligned, allowing them to experience more support and comfort.
This bed works well for a variety of sleepers and most sleeping positions. The responsiveness and bounce should aid sleepers in repositioning and prevent the feeling of being stuck in the mattress.
Couples should be pleased by the high level of bounce, which is great for sex. The foams should help with minimizing partner disturbance by isolating motion, and couples should be able to utilize the entire surface of the bed, thanks to reinforced edge support.
For heavier sleepers, a firmer bed is often a good choice, but the company does not state a weight limit for this product on their website. The combination of high-density foams and durable pocketed coils should enable heavyweight sleepers to experience the support and pressure relief they need without risking bottoming out.
Individuals weighing less than 120 pounds who prefer some softness may not feel comfy on this mattress because of how firm they will experience the materials. Without enough weight to activate the various layers, this group may miss out on features like pressure relief and conforming.
Everyone deserves a little luxury in life. This is one of many reasons that makes Allswell Home a unique company — they sell a quality mattress for a bargain. Sleepers looking for a hybrid mattress that not only feels comfortable but also sleeps cool might want to give this bed a closer look.
This company is dedicated to giving its customers the sleep they deserve, so if you think that you are entitled to a good night’s rest, check out the Luxe Hybrid by Allswell Home. Your sleep will thank you.
And for those who want to browse even more, we have this top list of highest-rated mattresses for this year!