Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Ready to meet your latex match?
Our comparison of Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss will help you decide between Zenhaven’s latex model created by a sibling company to the online luxury brand, Saatva. Or PlushBeds latex option built by a company dedicated to natural materials and sleep science.
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
- Reduces heat retention
- Dual firmness
- Hypoallergenic bed
- Want bounce
- Sleep hot
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a latex mattress that is shipped without being compressed, allowing buyers to put their new bed to use immediately.
The cover of this 10-inch mattress contains organic cotton and an inch of New Zealand wool that should promote temperature regulation. This mattress is dual-sided, offering a Gentle Firm or Luxury Plush feel on either side. We will discuss the construction as if the Luxury Plush model is on the top.
- The top layer holds a 1.5-inch Talalay latex. This material features 5 zones that should provide enhanced support in some areas, with more gentle compression in others.
- The second layer consists of a 3-inch Talalay latex. Shoppers should experience soft comfort and soothing pressure relief as they sink into this material.
- The third layer is comprised of a second 3-inch Talalay latex. This material should feel firmer when compared to the one above it. This creates the Gentle Firm setting when the mattress is flipped.
- The base layer boasts a zoned, 1.5-inch Talalay latex. When this layer is flipped to be on top, it should provide solid support and zoned comfort.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
This is a latex mattress that is compressed and then placed inside a box for convenient shipping.
The cover features organic circular-knit cotton and 1 inch of New Zealand wool that should act as a fire barrier and temperature regulation. This product is available in medium and firm models, along with 9, 10, and 12-inch options. We will discuss the construction of the medium 10-inch version, that is the most versatile among sleepers.
- The top layer boasts a 3-inch Medium Arpico latex. This should offer compression in the shoulder and hip areas to promote proper spinal alignment.
- The second layer is made up of a 3-inch Medium-Firm Arpico latex. A deeper level of firm support should be felt from this material. The bed can be unzipped and this layer can be placed on top to create a firmer comfort setting.
- The base layer consists of a final 3-inch Firm Arpico latex. This material should provide a stable foundation for the entire mattress.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Our comfort scale helps shoppers determine how each bed should feel by assigning a rank in a 1-10 system. A score of 1 indicates a whisper-soft feel, while a score of 10 should be firmer than a brick.
Zenhaven’s Gentle Firm is ranked as a 7 and the Luxury Plush features a score of 4.5. These should feel medium-firm to firm or medium-soft, respectively.
PlushBeds’ firm option is scored as a 7.5-8, which should feel slightly firmer than Zenhaven’s firm option. The medium model is ranked as a 5, which should come across as a true medium.
Both brands should offer a temperature-neutral, plush initial feel when shoppers lie down on the cotton and wool covers. Zenhaven offers zoned comfort and dual-sided options, while PlushBeds allows customers to rearrange the layers inside their bed to create the optimal feel. The latex used in either item should reform quickly, preventing body impressions that might impede movement and repositioning.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
The foam used in Zenhaven should allow a deeper level of sinkage than might be found in the PlushBeds. Buyers should experience a deep hug from the softer Zenhaven side, with a gentle cradle when using the firmer option,a gentle cradle should be experienced when using the PlushBed. Both brands should offer quite a bit of bounce, though if mobility is a top priority, the higher levels of bounce in the PlushBed should suit these needs well.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Being all-foam mattresses, either option should do well in isolating and controlling motion. This should allow people with restless partners to experience fewer disruptions throughout the night. Because of the slightly higher levels of bounce found in the PlushBed, exceptionally light sleepers might want to opt for Zenhaven.
Comparing Edge Support
Shoppers should experience similar results from either bed, regarding edge support. Deeper compression may be noticed when sitting along the edge, with less compression found when lying down. This is normal for an all-foam construction and should still allow most people to sprawl out along the edge of their mattress without worrying about falling off the bed.
Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Compared Side-by-Side
|Height||10”||9”, 10”, 12”|
|Cover||Organic cotton, New Zealand wool||Organic circular-knit cotton, New Zealand wool|
|Materials||Talalay latex||Organic Dunlop latex|
|Cooling||Pinholes in latex, wool||Breathable cover, wool|
|Firmness||4.5/10. 7/10||5/10, 7.5-8/10|
|Sinkage||Deep Hug/Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||20 years||25 years|
|Trial Period||120 nights||100 nights|
|Certifications||OEKO-TEX®, GOTS||GreenGuard Gold, OEKO-TEX®, eco-INSTITUT, GOTS, GOLS, Control Union, Forest Stewartship Council|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free to the contiguous United States and some areas of Canada, free White Glove Service is available||Free in the continental United States|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)||PlushBeds Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||$1,299||$1,399 (for 10” model)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$2,398|
Should I Buy Zenhaven or PlushBeds?
So, you have narrowed your mattress search down to an all-foam latex model but you’re still not sure which bed is for you. Check out our recommendations below to get an idea of which product should suit your needs best.
We Would Recommend Buying Zenhaven if You are Looking for:
- Double-sided comfort. Want to be able to easily switch between a Gentle Firm or Luxury Plush feel? Simply flip this mattress to experience the comfort setting that suits your needs.
- Zoned support. The upper layers of either side feature 5 zones that offer firm pushback or gentle compression. This should promote good spinal alignment and pressure relief.
- Multiple sinkage options. Shoppers should experience a deep hug on the softer side that contours to the body and fills the lumbar region. They can flip the bed for a gentle cradle that provides more solid support.
We Would Recommend Buying PlushBeds if You are Looking for:
- Customizable support. Shoppers can rearrange the layers inside this mattress to experiment between medium or firm comfort options depending on their sleep and position preferences.
- Split comfort. The queen, king, and Cali king sizes are available in split models. This allows couples to create different feels on either side of their bed to ensure either sleeper is getting the level of support or pressure relief they need to suit their individual needs.
- A gentle cradle. There should be less sinkage present in this item, resulting in a gentle cradle that allows shoppers to float “on” rather “in” the comfort foam.
So, that’s all there is to it. If you’re looking for great pressure relief, temperature regulation, and motion control, either brand should be a welcome addition to your home.
Zenhaven fans should be looking for varying sinkage levels and dual-sided comfort options. PlushBeds should work well for those seeking a gentle cradle and the ability to rearrange their comfort layers.
Remember to read through our individual in-depth reviews for a more comprehensive analysis of each bed. Or – if you didn't found what you're looking for, please head over to our top bed list for 2019.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.