Our comparison of the Zenhaven and PlushBeds Botanical Bliss will help you decide between two popular latex mattresses.
The Zenhaven is an all-latex bed from online luxury brand, Saatva. PlushBeds, the manufacturer of the Botanical Bliss, is a company dedicated to natural materials and sleep science. Both beds offer multiple firmness options but in different ways – the Zenhaven is dual-sided, while the Botanical Bliss has a choice of two comfort levels and three height options. Don’t let decision fatigue get the better of you – check out our comparison, before heading over to our in-depth reviews for more information on each bed.
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
Who I’d Recommend the Zenhaven For
- Those wanting a flippable mattress – While the Botanical Bliss offers two firmness options in different models, the Zenhaven features two options in the same mattress, as it’s dual-sided. Each side offers a different comfort level, with a choice of Medium-Soft and Firm.
- Shoppers with allergies – The Zenhaven is treated with Guardin®, Saatva’s exclusive antimicrobial treatment that should help minimize the risk of bacteria, mold, and mildew, all of which can exacerbate existing allergies.
- People with back pain – Our team enjoyed the five-zoned latex in the comfort layer of this bed as it can provide extra support in the lumbar and shoulder areas. This should keep your body in a healthy alignment, which can help you avoid aches and pains in the morning.
Who I’d Recommend the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss For
- Couples – The Botanical Bliss has the option of a Split Queen, Split King, or Split Cali King so you can have a different comfort level on each side, choosing from Medium or Medium-Firm. As such, we think this could be an ideal solution for couples with differing needs.
- Combination sleepers – While heavyweight sleepers will likely need the more supportive Medium-Firm model, we think light to average-weight combination sleepers should feel comfortable and supported on the Medium version in all sleeping positions. Plus, this bed’s high bounce should make changing positions a breeze.
- Shoppers wanting a choice of mattress depth – This mattress is available in three different heights. The 9-inch model is suggested for people weighing up to 225 pounds, the 10-inch for those weighing up to 250 pounds, and the 12-inch for sleepers weighing up to 275 pounds.
Comparing Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss: Top Similarities
- Organic and eco-friendly – Both mattresses are eco-friendly, incorporating a combination of organic and natural materials.
- Ventilated latex – Both the Zenhaven and Botanical Bliss use layers of perforated latex, which promotes airflow and cooling. We think most sleepers will remain at a comfortable temperature on both beds.
- Versatility – The dual-sided Zenhaven offers two comfort levels in one bed. The Botanical Bliss can be unzipped to swap out the comfort layer. If you don’t find the Botanical Bliss comfortable during your trial, you can exchange your comfort layer for a different density, without having to exchange the entire bed.
Comparing Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss: Key Differences
- Edge support – While the Botanical Bliss has good edge support, our Sleep Advisor reviewers found the perimeter was sturdier on the Zenhaven. The Botanical Bliss is a bed-in-a-box, but the Zenhaven is delivered full-size so no compressible foams are used, allowing for stronger edges. This is ideal for couples who like to spread out across the bed.
- Bounce – While both beds are nice and bouncy, our team found the Botanical Bliss slightly springier than the Zenhaven. This may appeal to couples wanting a good mattress for sex.
- Delivery – The Zenhaven is delivered full-size and white-glove delivery is included in the price, which includes the setup of your new mattress and removal of your old one. The Botanical Bliss arrives compressed in a box, and you have to assemble the layers yourself. However, white-glove delivery can be arranged for an extra fee.
Comparing Firmness, Support & Feel
We rate firmness on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being like sleeping on concrete. The Zenhaven is flippable. We gave the Gentle Firm side a 7 out of 10 rating, which may suit stomach sleepers and average to heavyweight back sleepers. The Luxury Plush side received a 4.5, which we recommend for side sleepers and lightweight back sleepers.
The Botanical Bliss’ Medium model has a true medium firmness with a 5 out of 10 rating that we feel should suit light to average-weight side sleepers and lightweight stomach sleepers.
Both beds offer good support, although heavier sleepers will likely prefer the Zenhaven, as its Gentle Firm side offers firmer support, which may cater to their body size better. The Zenhaven’s five-zoned comfort layer also provides extra lifting for the lumbar and shoulder areas.
Our team found that both beds had good edge support, although the Zenhaven’s perimeter was slightly sturdier on the Gentle Firm side.
The Zenhaven is delivered full-size and is ready to sleep on right away. The Botanical Bliss arrives rolled up and compressed in a box, ready to be assembled.
We experienced a slightly cozy, plush feel when lying down on both cotton and wool covers, with each feeling cool to the touch. This gives way to the contouring buoyant latex layers, which spring back swiftly once you get back up or reposition.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
We experienced a gentle cradle on both beds, rather than the deep sinkage you often get with memory foam. However, the level of sinkage on the Zenhaven varies, depending on which side you have on top. We found Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush side offered a deeper cradle than the Medium Botanical Bliss.
Our testers reported good levels of bounce in both mattresses, with their responsive latex layers making it easier to change sleeping position. However, the Botanical Bliss came out on top for springiness, as it’s a little bouncier than the Zenhaven. This could be a deciding factor for those with mobility issues or people seeking a good mattress for sex.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Motion isolation is particularly important for those who share a bed as it means that any movement made by someone on the other side of the bed won’t make its way to you.
We experienced some motion transfer on both beds, which is to be expected from models with such bouncy latex layers, and our team ranked both beds as having medium motion transfer. The Zenhaven is slightly less springy so it did perform a little better than the Botanical Bliss in terms of motion isolation, with the softer Luxury Plush side performing better than the Gentle Firm side.
Both covers are constructed with breathable cotton and natural wool batting, which is known to be moisture-wicking and temperature-regulating. We experienced both sleeping surfaces as temperature-neutral.
Going deeper into the mattresses, the latex layers also do a great job at keeping you cool, as latex doesn’t retain heat like synthetic foams. Plus, the latex in both beds is perforated for added ventilation.
When it comes to the Zenhaven, our tester, Stuart, reported that the Gentle Firm side is slightly better for cooling as it has a shallower cradle, leaving more of your body exposed to the air. We think most sleepers should remain at a comfortable temperature on either bed, though.
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
The cover of this dual-sided 10-inch bed features hypoallergenic and breathable organic cotton that’s protected with Guardin®, Saatva’s exclusive botanical antimicrobial treatment. Handles on the side assist in flipping the mattress. This construction breakdown refers to the Luxury Plush side being on top.
- Quilted to the cover is an inch of GOTS-certified organic wool that’s moisture-wicking, temperature-regulating, and naturally fire-retardant.
- The second layer comprises 1.5 inches of GOLS-certified Talalay latex, which is five-zoned to offer more targeted support for heavier areas.
- The third layer has 3 inches of Talalay latex that should provide soft pressure relief.
- The fourth layer features 3 inches of Talalay latex that’s firmer than the previous layer – this offers more support when the bed is flipped to the Gentle Firm side.
- The fifth layer holds another 1.5-inch layer of five-zoned Talalay latex.
- The sixth layer is a further inch of organic wool, making up the top layer of the Gentle Firm side when the mattress is flipped.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Construction
This latex mattress is compressed and then shipped to your door inside a box. The GOTS-certified organic circular-knit cotton cover surrounds an inch of temperature-regulating GOTS-certified organic New Zealand wool, which acts as a natural fire retardant. A cotton panel on the bottom prevents the wool from shifting.
This bed is available in three different heights, 9-, 10-, and 12 inches. We will focus on the construction of the 10-inch model.
- The comfort layer includes 3 inches of Eco-Institut-certified Talalay Latex, a material that’s designed to gently contour to the sleeper and foster pressure relief. The immediate response and bounce should make repositioning easy, and the plush quality caters well to sensitive areas like hips and shoulders.
- The support layer features 6 inches of GOLS-certified organic ARPICO Dunlop latex, which is more dense than the previous latex layer, offering spinal support with a medium-firm feel.
Comparing Company Policies & Price
Warranty – You’ll get a lifetime warranty with both the Zenhaven and the Botanical Bliss.
Shipping – The Zenhaven is delivered full-size with free white-glove delivery within the contiguous U.S. Freight forwarding can be arranged for customers in Alaska and Hawaii. The Botanical Bliss is delivered free of charge to the contiguous U.S. with additional fees for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii. White-glove delivery is available for an extra fee.
Trial Period – There’s a 365-night trial period with the Zenhaven and a shorter 100-night trial with the Botanical Bliss.
Returns – You can return the Zenhaven at any time during the trial for a full refund, less a 99-dollar processing fee. You must have slept on the Botanical Bliss for at least 30 nights before initiating a return, where you’ll receive a full refund. However, customers are required to pay a 149-dollar mattress collection fee or arrange return delivery of the mattress themselves.
Price – Interestingly, the Zenhaven is cheaper than the Botanical Bliss in some sizes, yet more expensive in others, so check out which size you’re after to see which brand falls within your budget.
|Zenhaven Price (w/o discount)
|PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Price (w/o discount)
|Split Cali King
Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Compared Side-by-Side
|PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
|9”, 10”, 12”
|Organic cotton and organic New Zealand wool
|Organic cotton and organic wool
|Organic Talalay latex
|Talalay latex and organic Dunlop latex
|Breathable cotton cover, wool, ventilated latex
|Breathable cotton cover, wool, ventilated latex
|4.5/10 and 7/10 (dual-sided)
|5/10 (for the Medium option)
|Deep Cradle, Gentle Cradle
|GOTS-certified wool and GOLS-certified latex. eco-INSTITUT® & GREENGUARD Gold.
|GOTS-certified cotton and wool, GOLS-certified latex, eco-INSTITUT®, GREENGUARD Gold, Control Union.
|Adjustable Base Compatible
|Free White Glove Delivery across contiguous U.S.. Freight forwarding can be arranged to Alaska and Hawaii.
|Free shipping to contiguous U.S., additional fees for Alaska and Hawaii. White Glove Delivery available for an extra charge.
|Made in the USA
|Read Full Review
|Zenhaven Mattress Review
|PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress Review
|PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress
So, that’s all there is to it. If you’re looking for a contouring cradle, bouncy latex, and temperature regulation, either brand should be a welcome addition to your home.
However, indecisive shoppers who aren’t sure which firmness level they’d prefer may fare better ordering the Zenhaven, with its dual-sided design offering both firm and medium-soft comfort. Those who love the idea of customizing both the firmness and height may prefer the Botanical Bliss from PlushBeds.
Remember to read through our individual in-depth reviews for a more comprehensive analysis of each bed.
Quick Comparison: Zenhaven vs. PlushBeds Botanical Bliss
Jill Zwarensteyn is the Editor for Sleep Advisor and a Certified Sleep Science Coach. She is enthusiastic about providing helpful and engaging information on all things sleep and wellness.
More Zenhaven Comparisons:
- Nectar vs. Zenhaven
- Zenhaven vs. WinkBed
- Alexander Signature Hybrid vs. Zenhaven
- DreamCloud vs. Zenhaven
- Zenhaven vs. Avocado Green