Yes, you read that right. No, you are not reading a review on Mexican food.
Our in-depth Blue Burrito Supreme Hybrid overview covers everything you need to know about RC Willey’s newest exclusive bed, including motion transfer, firmness, and cooling. We will also take a look at what features make this bed a step up from its predecessor, the Blue Burrito Hybrid.
If you are short on time, skip to the end, where we will summarize the key points and scoring. Otherwise, let’s dive in.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Sleep hot – Gel-infused and pocketed foam, a ComforTemp top layer, and a spring foundation all contribute to regulating temperature and keeping you cool all night long.
- Need pressure relief – The comforting top layers will contour to your body’s natural shape, filling in the gaps right where you need them to.
- Want a mattress with bells and whistles – This model is RC Willey’s luxury option, meaning this bed is made with high-quality materials and has added features, such as the new Comfort Pocket Surface Modified foam layer.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Want a true memory foam feel – Although this mattress is comprised of memory foam on the top and bottom, the pocketed-coil system will add some bounce and decrease the amount of sinkage you would feel on an all-foam bed. RC Willey also offers an option that may suit your needs, however.
- Want a risk-free sleep trial – The company does not offer full refunds if you decide this product is not for you. They do allow an exchange, and if you are located near an RC Willey showroom, you can test drive it in person.
Or you can see our other top 12 bed picks for 2021 here.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Supreme Hybrid is a foam and pocketed coil hybrid that can be rolled up and compressed (like a burrito) and delivered in a box. Because this mattress is an RC Willey exclusive, you can also try out the bed and purchase in-store at the 12 locations across the Western United States.
Its 13 inches are surrounded by a blue, Breathable Premium 3D knit cover that is soft with a little bit of stretch.
- The top layer is constructed with an inch of ComforTemp Ventilated Gelatinized memory foam. This is a fancy way of saying this layer conforms to your body’s natural curves while remaining cool.
- The second layer uses GelCare® Cool Ventilated Gel-Infused memory foam, taking more measures to decrease the risk of overheating in its 2 inches.
- The next layer is exclusive to the Supreme—an inch of Comfort Pocket Surface Modified foam. The pockets allow air to flow through more freely and offers some pressure relief.
- The fourth level is an inch of high-density polyfoam that helps transition to the next layer of coils.
- The fifth layer is a 5.5 inch Tempered Steel TwirlCoil pocketed-spring system. Its perimeter is surrounded by foam for added support.
- The base gives a foundation to the coiled system with 2 inches of High-Density Poly Base Support Foam—one more inch than the regular hybrid model.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We score our mattresses on a comfort (firmness) scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the firmest and 1 being the softest. The Blue Burrito Supreme is rated at a 6.5. This will most likely change depending on your body type and sleeping position, but generally, mattresses that score in the medium range—like this one—are pretty versatile and fit the needs of a large majority of sleepers.
The added Comfort Pocket layer in this version should provide a luxurious amount of sinkage and pressure relief, while the pocketed coils add support. Most sleepers should feel a gentle cradle on the soft surface layers and that comforting contour around their body that memory materials provide.
Often, foam beds struggle with responsiveness, making repositioning throughout the night somewhat difficult. The Supreme is a hybrid bed, and due to its combination construction, the slight bounce should allow for easy shifting and movement (especially if you're a combination sleeper).
Many back sleepers should find good spine alignment with a comfortable amount of sinkage to cradle their shape.
Side sleepers should love the softness and conformity of the surface layers that should relieve pressure in the hips and shoulders.
Most stomach sleepers should feel their weight evenly distributed. Heavier folks may find a firmer mattress to be more supportive, keeping their hips from sinking in and causing some discomfort.
Motion transfer is important for light sleepers, parents (both of humans and animals), and couples—no one wants to be woken up in the middle of the night because they can feel their bedmate’s movements.
Hybrid mattresses typically perform well in this area because of the top layers of comfort materials that encase the bounciness of the coils. Although you may feel a little bit more movement than, say, on an all-memory-foam bed, most will find that this product isolates motion very well.
Feel free to use every inch of this bed; the Blue Burrito Supreme has great edge support. The pocketed-coil system provides a resistant foundation that will not succumb to perimeter pressure. Surrounding that system, an added high-density polyfoam lines the springs, assuring even more endurance.
If you like to sleep on the edge of the bed, you should rest easy and feel comfortable support. Although the top layers do compress when applying pressure, the spring system should buoy you up, keeping you secure on the surface of the mattress.
- Split King Size Available
- Trial Period – RC Willey offers a 100-night trial period; if you find it is not for you, they allow a one-time exchange for another product. They do not allow returns.
- Warranty – This mattress is under warranty for 10 years.
- Shipping – This product ships free to the continental United States.
- Optional White Glove Delivery – In select locations in Utah, Nevada, Idaho, and California, your new mattress can be delivered and set up by professionals while your old bed is removed for an additional fee.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – A third party company found safe levels of emissions and certain harmful chemicals, like flame-retardants, in the foams used to construct this product.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 13″||$799|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 13″||$899|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 13″||$999|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1099|
|King||76" x 80" x 13”||$1299|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 13”||$1299|
|Split King||76" x 84" x 13”||$1799|
The Blue Burrito Supreme Hybrid excels in pressure relief and temperature regulation—those who sleep warmly and need some extra love on the hips and shoulders should rest easy throughout the night.
A more luxurious option, the Supreme Hybrid is RC Willey’s fanciest mattress in their Blue Burrito line. With 2 inches of extra comfort and support layers on both the top and bottom compared to their base hybrid model, this bed should contour to your body’s natural position in all the right places.
A supportive coiled foundation wrapped up sweetly in a comforting blanket of comforting softness—now that is a great burrito!