The Blue Burrito is available for local pickup or delivery, but this is not take-out Mexican food we’re talking about. This product is part of a premium mattress line offered by RC Willey, a furniture retailer based out of Salt Lake City, Utah.
This company has been offering quality furniture in the Western United States for nearly ninety years. They seek to offer great selections at an incredible value, and this product is no exception to their goal.
Our in-depth analysis of Blue Burrito Hybrid Memory Foam bed takes you through this mattresses layers and looks at sleep preferences such as cooling and motion transfer. We also cover bedding basics, like comfort, support, and overall value.
If you are going after every last detail, just keep reading. Now if you are in a hurry, just click here to catch up on our summary and scoring.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Need pressure relief – This product has two layers of memory material on top which work to wash away any stress or strain areas while you sleep. These foams should contour to your every curve and help you sink into the supportive coil base for a great nights rest.
- Want to sleep cool – This product’s top two layers incorporate cooling tech that should help wick away heat and regulate the temperature of the sleeping surface throughout the night. Inside the bed are pocket coils. This open system facilitates air circulation and adds further temperature regulation.
- Prefer an innerspring feel – This bed offers that traditional innerspring feel that many sleepers love, but adds the bonus of pressure relieving memory materials. This combination enables this product to foster a good amount of bounce for repositioning without sacrificing comfort on top.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Want an all foam feel – Some people love the way memory materials hug their body and they want that all the way through their sleeping option. There is some great news for these folks, RC Willey offers an all foam mattress that should fulfill the needs of those die-hard memory foam lovers.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This product gets its name for several reasons. It is rolled like a burrito, compressed, and delivered to your home in a box. Installment on an adjustable base or any other foundation of your choice should fit the bed well.
The Blue Burrito Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress is covered with a Breathable Premium Blue 3D knit cover. This material is soft and textured, and yes as the name suggests it is very blue. Beneath the cover stands 11 inches of foams and coils.
- The top layer, starting this bed is 1 inch ComforTemp Ventilated Gelatinized memory materials. This foam should allow your weight to sink in and begin to ease nagging pressure points. It should also help cool things off on the surface.
- The next layer contains 2.5 inches GelCare Cool Ventilated Gel-Infused memory foam. The gel helps to wick away heat, while a series of pinholes allow the foam to more easily breath.
- The middle is a High-Density Poly Foam Transitional layer. This substance does as the names states, that is, it transitions your body into the coil layer beneath.
- The next level of the mattress is a 5.5-inch support unit of tempered steel TwirlCoils. These backing coils, individually wrapped, that equip the bed with needed support and allow for airflow inside the foams.
- The bottom is covered in a 1-inch Poly Base high-density support foam. This protects the mattress from outside elements and the coils within.
- A perimeter foam encases the coils and helps strengthen the sides.
Learn more: Our Top Rated Hybrid Bed Picks
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Here at Sleep Advisor, we rate bed firmness on a scale from 1 to 10, with a ten being as hard as a sidewalk. This product has scored at a 6.0, placing it in the Medium-Firm range. This is a versatile firmness that fits the needs of the largest majority of sleepers because it offers features from both a firm and soft mattress.
Firmness is subjective, so take this score with a grain of salt. All people experience a bed differently, so what you feel might be different than another person. Though, most people should notice right away that the top cover feels soft and even has a little bit of stretch to it.
Sleepers should feel themselves sink into the comfort materials and gain support in the coil layers. Most people should experience a nice gentle cradle that keeps them supported throughout the night.
This bed has the benefit of coils, which add some significant bounce to the inner layers. This bounce is great for repositioning sleepers who flip-flop during their rest times.
Back sleepers should feel the materials conforming to their mid back and filling the gaps between their shoulders and hips. This sleeping option should leave these folks in the contouring comfort of memory material and savoring the support of springs.
Side sleepers should be champs at sleeping on just about anything with memory materials. This product shoud foster amazing pressure relief in the shoulders and hips, two areas that often nag side sleepers. The Blue Burrito hybrid should perform to expectations as side sleepers get the pressure relieving comfort of the memory material and find great support in the coils beneath.
Stomach sleepers may experience a slight but comfortable sink into this bed. They should feel enough firmness to keep their hips elevated and their body supported. This achievement should help to keep their spine well aligned.
Overall, the Blue Burrito should fit most peoples anatomy and sleeping positions. This should be a great option for either children or adults no matter their weight or height considerations.
For sleepers, lying on a bed with good motion isolation is like a quarterback with a good offensive line. Many bedding materials, like memory foam, are designed to ground motion to one side of the bed, so your sleeping partners movements do not ripple across the surface and tackle you while you sleep.
This bed has some bounce because of the innerspring system, but what some people do not realize is that pocket coil systems separate their springs for the purpose of minimizing motion transfer. Between these ideally placed coils and the memory material on top, this bed has extremely minimal motion transfer. So, you can sleep soundly knowing your nocturnal companion should not be waking you up in this bed.
If you are one of those folks who ride the side of your bed while you sleep, you know the value of strong edges. A bed with great edge support can be the difference between sleeping comfortably on your mattress or waking up crumpled on the ground.
This product includes edge foam that should help keep the sides of your bed adequately supported. If you are a sleeper who lies on the edge of the bed, you can sleep well knowing that you are secure along the perimeter. When sitting on the sides, there may be some compression but this is nothing abnormal or worth fretting over.
- Trial Period – The company’s 100-Day Mattress Comfort Guarantee allows customers to make a one-time reselection of another one of their mattress products, but does not allow full-on returns and refunds.
- Pillows included – Customers receive one or two pillows with their purchase depending on which size bed they order.
- Warranty – The company offers a 10-year warranty when purchasing this product.
- Shipping – Shipping is free in the contiguous United States.
- Optional White Glove Delivery – Mattress delivery, setup, and takeaway is available for an additional charge in Utah, Nevada, Idaho, and California
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This certification program is run by a non-profit organization, these foams are made with a safe amount ozone depleters, dangerous flame retardants, heavy metals, and other harmful or potentially dangerous substances.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 11″||$629.99|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 11″||$699.99|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 11″||$899.99|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$1,149.99|
|King||76" x 80" x 11”||$1,349.99|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 11”||$1,349.99|
|Split King||76" x 84" x 11”||$1,399.99|
The Blue Burrito Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress could be a great option for people seeking out pressure relief and superb support. If you have been searching for a product with great value, this bed should help you on your way to a great night’s rest.
If you cannot decide between a traditional innerspring mattress and the comfort of memory materials, why compromise? The Blue Burrito Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress can deliver the type of sleep you have been looking for.
If you found a blue burrito on a restaurant menu, we would probably advise that you stay away, but in the case of this mattress, it should be a quality sleeping option if you are searching for a great night’s sleep.