The Amerisleep AS2 mattress is a memory foam and hybrid bed from Amerisleep. Amerisleep is an American company that was established in 2010. The brand’s headquarters are in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Are Amerisleep AS2 mattresses good? Yes, Amerisleep AS2 mattresses are good for pressure relief and support. The Amerisleep AS2 is available as a memory foam mattress and hybrid mattress. Hybrid mattresses combine foam and coils in their construction, and memory foam beds have an all-foam design. The Amerisleep AS2 combines proprietary materials like Bio-Pur®, HIVE®, and BioCore®. The AS2 hybrid version also features coils in its construction.
Amerisleep AS2 mattresses have a price range of 1,049 to 2,498 dollars, depending on the mattress size and type you pick. Amerisleep AS2 mattresses are quality in terms of mattress size variety. The seven Amerisleep AS2 mattress sizes are Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Split King, and California King. The Amerisleep AS2 is 12 inches thick.
Amerisleep AS2’s use of premium materials and a quality design means this bed is good for many mattress customers, such as people who want good support. Shoppers seeking support should enjoy the AS2’s medium-firm feel that should keep their spine well-aligned. Good spinal alignment is vital for preventing back pain.
Adding to Amerisleep AS2’s appeal is its trial and warranty. Amerisleep AS2 comes with a 100-night trial and a 20-year limited warranty. These advantages mean that the Amerisleep AS2 is worth your consideration.
What is the overall quality of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The quality of the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is good. Amerisleep AS2 uses premium materials while still offering customers an appealing price point. The Amerisleep brand can cut costs because they sell directly to consumers. Selling directly to consumers means you can pay for a top bed at a fraction of the price you would get in stores.
Amerisleep AS2 mattresses are 12 inches thick. The Amerisleep AS2 comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Split King, and California King sizes.
The Amerisleep AS2 features a Refresh Cooling Cover, plant-based Bio-Pur® foam, HIVE® transition layer, and a BioCore® base layer. The hybrid version also comes with pocketed coils and firm coil edge support. The bed is rated at a medium-firm feel.
Amerisleep AS2 is a good mattress for single individuals and couples. Couples should enjoy the bounce and edge support from this model. Single individuals should appreciate the support and pressure relief the bed offers.
Amerisleep AS2 beds should best match people who sleep on their back and stomach, as these sleepers should enjoy the pressure-relieving foam and medium-firm support the most.
What are the advantages of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The advantages of the Amerisleep AS2 mattress are its supportive features, cooling properties, edge support, pressure relief, and high-quality materials. We’ll detail these top advantages below.
- Supportive Features: Amerisleep AS2 mattresses should provide quality support, especially for back and stomach sleepers. The AS2 has a medium-firm feel. The memory foam model features a BioCore® support base, and the hybrid model features pocketed coils with edge support.
- Cooling Properties: AS2 mattresses should deliver cooling for hot sleepers with their Bio-Pur® open-cell structure. The open-cell structure works to stop heat buildup and allow the air to flow freely. The coils in the hybrid model provide extra cooling, and the Refresh Cooling Cover is designed to draw heat away from the body.
- Edge Support: Edge support means a mattress is designed to provide equal support along the edges. Edge support is beneficial for couples or individuals who prefer more space to spread out. Amerisleep AS2 provides edge support by adding thicker-gauge coils along the perimeter. These thicker coils should ensure the bed doesn’t sink too much along the edges.
- Pressure Relief: Amerisleep AS2’s use of Bio-Pur® foam in its construction is beneficial for folks who need good pressure relief. Bio-Pur® contours like traditional memory foam but has an open cell structure for cooling.
- High-Quality Materials: Amerisleep AS2 uses plenty of high-quality materials in its construction. The bed’s foams are CertiPUR-US certified, while the spring layer has durable pocket coils.
What are the disadvantages of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The disadvantages of the Amerisleep AS2 mattress are that they could be too firm for side sleepers, and the hybrid version may not have as much motion isolation.
- Too Firm for Side Sleepers: The Amerisleep AS2 mattress has a medium-firm feel, but some side sleepers may find it too firm. Instead, these individuals should look at the AS3, AS4, or AS5 as these are softer models.
- Limited Motion Isolation: Motion isolation is a feature to help decrease the amount of motion transfer across the bed. The Amerisleep AS2 hybrid mattress comes with individually wrapped coils to reduce motion transfer, but all-foam mattresses with memory foam typically perform better at this. People who value motion isolation will likely want to go with the all-foam AS2 model.
What are the prices of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The cost of the Amerisleep AS2 all-foam mattress is between 1,049 and 1,599 dollars, and the cost of the Amerisleep AS2 hybrid mattress is between 1,349 and 2,498 dollars. The price of each Amerisleep AS2 mattress depends on the size you order. Shoppers should compare price points for different sizes they are interested in purchasing.
|AS2 Hybrid||Twin XL||$1,399|
|AS2 Hybrid||Split King||$2,498|
The cheapest Amerisleep AS2 mattress is the Twin size. The most expensive Amerisleep AS2 beds are the King, Split King, and Cali-King sizes. Larger sizes are more expensive than smaller ones because they provide a bigger sleep space.
What are the sizes of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
There are seven Amerisleep AS2 mattress sizes available. Mattress size refers to the dimensions of the mattress, specifically the width and the length. The sizes of Amerisleep AS2 mattresses are as follows.
- (Twin Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (38” x 74” x 12”)
- (Twin XL Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (38” x 80” x 12”)
- (Full Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (54” x 75” x 12”)
- (Queen Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (60” x 80” x 12”)
- (King Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (76” x 80” x 12”)
- (California King Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (72” x 84” x 12”)
- (Split King Size) Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses (38’’ x 80’’ x 12”)
The biggest Amerisleep AS2 sizes are the King and California King. The smallest Amerisleep AS2 size is the Twin. People who weigh more than 200 pounds should choose a Queen, King, or California King to accommodate their frame. People over 6 feet tall should get a Queen, King, or California King. People who are under 6 feet tall can get any size. However, if they sleep with a partner, they should get a Queen, King, or California King.
1. Twin Size Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses
A Twin Amerisleep AS2 mattress measures 74 inches by 38 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are children, teenagers, and adults who sleep alone or have minimal space.
A Twin mattress should work well for individuals who do not have a very tall or wide frame. If you prefer to spread out when you sleep, you will probably want a larger size, such as a Full mattress. The price of Twin Amerisleep AS2 all-foam mattresses is 1,049 dollars, and 1,349 for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the Twin and other sizes is the Twin is the shortest and thinnest bed.
2. Twin XL Size Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses
A Twin XL Amerisleep AS2 measures 80 inches by 38 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are teenagers and adults who sleep alone and have a smaller bedroom.
A Twin XL mattress works for teenagers and adults with an average-size body type. The price of the Twin XL Amerisleep AS2 is 1,099 dollars for the all-foam mattress and 1,399 for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the Twin and Twin XL is that the Twin XL is slightly longer.
3. Full Size Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses
A Full Amerisleep AS2 mattress measures 75 inches by 54 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are adults who normally sleep alone and are under 6 feet and 3 inches in height.
A Full mattress should work well for individuals with an average-size body type. If you are close to 6 feet and 3 inches tall and prefer more legroom, you should get a Queen, King, or California King bed. The price of Full Amerisleep AS2 mattresses is 1,249 dollars for the all-foam mattress and 1,549 dollars for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the Full and other sizes is that the Full is the same length as the Twin but wider than the Twin XL.
4. Queen Size Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses
A Queen Amerisleep AS2 mattress measures 80 inches by 60 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are adults who sleep with a partner.
A Queen mattress should work well for individuals with an average to large frame. If you sleep with a partner but prefer to spread out when you sleep, you will probably want a larger size, such as a King or California King bed.
The Queen is the most popular mattress. The price of Queen Amerisleep AS2 mattresses is 1,299 dollars for the all-foam mattress and 1,599 dollars for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the Queen and other sizes is that it is taller and wider than the Twin, Twin XL, and Full.
5. King Size Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses
A King Amerisleep AS2 mattress measures 80 inches by 76 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are adults who sleep with a partner and have a larger bedroom.
A King mattress should work well for individuals with a larger frame. The King size bed is also a good choice if you sleep with a partner and prefer extra space to spread out. The price of King Amerisleep AS2 mattresses is 1,599 dollars for the all-foam mattress and 1,899 dollars for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the King and Queen is that the King is wider.
6. California King Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses
A Cali-King Amerisleep AS2 mattress measures 84 inches by 72 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are adults who sleep with a partner and have a larger bedroom.
A California King mattress should work well for very tall individuals since this bed can accommodate up to 7 feet in height. If you prefer a bed that’s longer and less wide than a standard King, you should get the California King.
The price of Cali-King Amerisleep AS2 mattresses is 1,599 dollars for the all-foam mattress and 1,899 dollars for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the Cali-King and King is that the Cali-King is longer but less wide than the King. However, the Cali-King is still wider than a Queen.
7. Split King Amerisleep AS3 Mattresses
A Split-King Amerisleep AS2 mattress is similar to a regular King Amerisleep AS2 mattress split in two. It measures 80 inches by 38 inches. The mattress depth is 12 inches. The people who should buy this size are adults who sleep with a partner but still prefer to have their own mattress.
A Split-King mattress should work for tall individuals since it’s a longer mattress. You should get a Split-King mattress if you prefer a longer bed and sleep with a partner. A Split-King mattress consists of two mattresses, which means it has separate motion isolation.
The price of the Split-King Amerisleep AS2 is 1,598 dollars for the all-foam mattress and 2,498 dollars for the hybrid mattress. The difference between the Split-King and King is that the Split-King is split in the middle. It’s the same size as the King Amerisleep AS2 mattress, but it’s divided in two.
What are the different types of materials of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The different materials in Amerisleep AS2 mattresses include a Refresh Cooling Cover, Bio-Pur® memory foam, HIVE® transition layer, BioCore® base layer, and double-density coils if you choose the Amerisleep AS2 Hybrid mattress. The top provides enhanced cushioning and breathability, and the Bio-Pur® open-cell memory foam is made to promote airflow to keep the sleeper cool. The memory foam cradles the sleeper’s body to relieve sensitive pressure points. The HIVE® transition layer provides targeted support and enhanced pressure relief. The BioCore® and coil layer support systems ensure that the mattress doesn’t sag over time by providing a medium-firm feel and durability.
How is the construction of the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress?
Amerisleep AS2 mattresses are made in the United States. The Amerisleep AS2 is a memory foam mattress with a Refresh Cooling Cover, Bio-Pur® open-cell design, HIVE® transition layer, and the BioCore® base layer. The hybrid version of the Amerisleep AS2 has all that, plus the coils.
The Amerisleep AS2 is made to enhance sleep quality. Better sleep quality and duration can help improve your physical, mental, and emotional health. You should have more energy, better cognitive function, and a happier mood when you sleep well.
The Amerisleep AS2 offers a quality design. Here you can see the layers of the Amerisleep AS2 mattress.
1. High-Density Polyfoam Base Layer
The high-density poly foam base layer of the AS2 is the BioCore® base. The BioCore® base is what gives the Amerisleep AS2 mattress its durability. BioCore® provides the bed with firmness and support to accommodate all kinds of sleepers. Pocketed coils are included as the primary support unit in the hybrid model, with an inch of BioCore® to enhance the performance of the coils.
2. Polyfoam Transition Layer
The poly foam transition layer of the AS2 is the Affinity foam with HIVE®. HIVE® technology is a proprietary material from Amerisleep and is used to enhance pressure relief. This layer serves as a transitional foam between the top comfort foam and the firmer support base below.
3. Bio-Pur® Foam Comfort Layer
Bio-Pur® foam has an open-cell design and is more breathable than traditional memory foam, so it’s better for hot sleepers. Bio-Pur® memory foam contours to your body and returns to its original shape once you get out of bed.
4. Refresh Cooling Cover
The Refresh Cooling Cover is made of scientifically engineered fabric that uses minerals to draw the heat away from your body. As a result, the heat is converted into far infrared energy to help with cooling, muscle recovery, and better sleep. The Refresh Cooling Cover remains 7 degrees cooler than traditional polyester covers, helping hot sleepers achieve better sleep.
What is the firmness of Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The firmness of the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is 6-7/10, which means this bed has a medium-firm feel. Firmness ratings are based on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the softest and 10 the hardest.
Who is the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress Suitable for?
The Amerisleep AS2 mattress is suitable for back and stomach sleepers. Back sleepers should benefit from the pressure-relieving Bio-Pur® foam and HIVE® technology combined with the supportive BioCore® base, coils, and medium-firm feel. Many stomach sleepers should feel well supported by the medium-firm design. Some heavier stomach sleepers may find the AS2 too soft and should consider the slightly firmer AS1 model instead.
Is the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress Suitable for Back Sleeping?
Yes, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is suitable for back sleeping. The blend of pressure-relieving foams and medium-firm support should be a good fit for back sleepers. The comfort foam should help ensure pressure buildup in heavier areas like the shoulders is limited and the firmer support layers should keep the spine well-aligned to fend off back pain. The best mattresses for back sleepers have equal parts pressure relief and firmer support.
Is the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress Suitable for Side Sleeping?
No, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is not suitable for side sleeping. The AS2 has a medium-firm feel, which many side sleepers may find too firm. Most side sleepers need a medium to plush mattress that delivers quality pressure relief because pressure can easily accumulate in this position. Some heavier side sleepers may do okay with the AS2, but most will want to consider softer Amerisleep models like the AS3, AS4, and AS5. The best mattresses for side sleepers are plush enough to alleviate uncomfortable pressure buildup.
Is the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress Suitable for Stomach Sleeping?
Yes, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is suitable for stomach sleeping. The medium-firm feel and supportive BioCore® foam and coils should be a good fit for stomach sleepers. Stomach sleepers need firmer beds to help ensure their hips and midsection don’t dip too much, as this could lead to poor spine alignment. The best mattresses for stomach sleepers are firm enough to keep their midsection from sinking too far into the bed.
What are the Performance Ratings for the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress?
The performance ratings for the Amerisleep AS2 mattress are listed below. These are important things to look for when buying a mattress.
- Cooling: 4/5 (all-foam), 5/5 (hybrid) – The AS2 all-foam model receives a 4/5 for cooling, and the hybrid model receives a 5/5. The AS2 incorporates multiple cooling features to keep hot sleepers comfortable. These features include the Refresh Cooling Cover with minerals and open cell foam comfort foam. The hybrid rates slightly better because the coils provide extra airflow throughout the bed’s center.
- Pressure Relief: 4/5 – The AS2 receives a 4/5 for pressure relief. The Bio-Pur® foam should do an impressive job of relieving pressure points. Some lightweight sleepers may need a slightly softer model to mitigate pressure, which is why this mattress received a 4 in this category.
- Support: 4/5 – The AS2 receives a 4/5 for support. The coils and dense BioCore® foam should deliver quality support for most sleepers. However, significantly heavier individuals may find that the AS2 isn’t firm enough to keep them well-supported. Good support is essential for optimal spine alignment and preventing back pain.
- Motion Isolation: 5/5 (all-foam), 4/5 (hybrid) – The AS2 all-foam model receives a 5/5 for motion isolation, and the hybrid model receives a 4/5. The coils are individually encased to help reduce motion transfer across the bed, but they may still create some motion transfer, which is why the hybrid scores slightly lower in this category. Motion isolation is important for couples who want to avoid disturbing their partner if they move.
- Edge Support: 4/5 (all-foam), 5/5 (hybrid) – The AS2 all-foam receives a 4/5 for edge support, and the AS2 hybrid receives a 5/5. The durable layers should help keep the sleeper supported on the memory foam model, but the hybrid is equipped with higher-gauge perimeter coils for edge support, giving it a better rating. Edge support is important for couples and people who like to spread out.
- Bounce: 3/5 (all-foam), 4/5 (hybrid) – The AS2 all-foam receives a 3/5 for bounce, and the hybrid receives a 4/5. The memory foam build will likely foster minimal bounce, but the coils in the hybrid should provide some bounce, which is why that model rates better. Bounce is beneficial for combination sleepers and those with mobility issues.
- Sex: 3/5 (all-foam), 4/5 (hybrid) – The AS2 all-foam receives a 3/5 for sex, and the hybrid earns a 4/5. Many sexually-active couples prefer beds that offer plenty of bounce. The buoyancy of the coils should provide better bounce than the memory foam model. Therefore, sexually-active couples should consider the hybrid version of the AS2.
What is the Mattress Topper for Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The mattress topper for the Amerisleep AS2 is the brand’s Lift Mattress Topper. Toppers are bedding products used to enhance the feel of a bed and protect the mattress from stains or accidents. While toppers and pads should help you rest more comfortably, a topper will adjust the bed’s feel more than a pad.
What type of coil is used for Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
The type of coil used for the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is pocketed coils and double-density coils along the edges. The coils provide bounce, cooling, and edge support for all mattress sizes. The Amerisleep AS2 memory foam mattress doesn’t have coils.
What color is the Amerisleep AS2 mattress?
The Amerisleep AS2 mattress has a white top with a blue base.
What you should know before buying the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress
You should know several things before buying the Amerisleep AS2 mattress. First, you must select a size. When choosing a size, you will need to consider your body frame, whether you like to spread out or sleep with a partner, and how much space is available in your bedroom. The size will also affect the cost; Larger sizes will be pricier than smaller ones.
You should also take note of the shipping, trial, and warranty information. Amerisleep ships their mattresses for free but only within the United States. Amerisleep comes with a 100-night trial and a 20-year warranty. Your mattress will arrive at your home compressed in a box. You will have to remove the bed from the box and place it onto your bed frame.
Does the Amerisleep AS2 mattress come in a children’s size?
Yes, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress comes in a children’s size. Amerisleep AS2 mattresses are available in Twin size, the recommended size for children.
Has the Amerisleep AS2 mattress been recalled?
No, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress has not been recalled.
Do Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses have a CertiPUR certification?
Yes, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress has a CertiPUR certification for its foams. The CertiPUR-US® program is a third-party organization that tests foam products to meet strict health and safety standards.
A CertiPUR-US certification means that the foams in the beds are not made with ozone depleters, harmful flame retardants, formaldehyde, and have low VOC emissions.
Do Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses contain toxic chemicals?
No, Amerisleep AS2 mattresses do not contain toxic chemicals.
Are Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses safe?
Yes, the Amerisleep AS2 is safe. The foams in this mattress are CertiPUR-US® certified.
Is the Amerisleep AS2 Mattress made in China?
No, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is not made in China.
Is the Amerisleep AS2 an American-made mattress?
Yes, the Amerisleep AS2 mattress is made in the United States.
Where can you buy Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
You can buy Amerisleep AS2 mattresses online directly from the manufacturer or in-store at one of their brick-and-mortar locations. Buying directly from the manufacturer is beneficial for customers because they should save more money. Purchasing at a store allows you the opportunity to try out the bed on the spot. We will include additional details about where to buy Amerisleep AS2 mattresses below.
- Amerisleep Website: You can buy an Amerisleep AS2 mattress on the company’s official website. Here, you can also more details about the company, additional products, and chat with an online representative.
- In-Store: You can buy an Amerisleep AS2 mattress in-store at one of their brick-and-mortar locations. These showrooms are located in different cities and states across the U.S. Visit the Amerisleep website for more details on where to find the store nearest you.
What is the Shipping Method for Amerisleep AS2 Mattresses?
Amerisleep ships their mattresses for free within the continental U.S. Amerisleep offers customers a 100-night trial and a 20-year warranty. Your Amerisleep AS2 mattress will arrive at your home compressed in a box. The box the mattress is shipped in is eco-friendly as well. You will have to remove the bed from the box and place it onto your bed frame. Additional bedding accessories purchased from Amerisleep will ship separately.