If you’ve ever dreamt of sleeping on a cloud, well-known brand Nolah’s got you covered. Featuring technology originally developed by NASA for cooling alongside the brand’s own proprietary air-like material, the brand’s innovative pillows are like a dream come true.
Our in-depth Nolah pillow review will look at the luxurious down-alternative AirFiber™ model as well as the AirFoam™ model made with the same material as the brand’s mattresses only softer. We’ll look at who each pillow is best suited for and all the essential details you need to make a choice.
Keep reading for the full scoop or skip ahead for a brief summary and our final thoughts.
You will love Nolah if you:
- Are a combination sleeper – Both options should work great for a variety of sleeping positions and body types, making them a good choice for most folks, especially combo sleepers. The AirFiber™ might outscore the AirFoam™ just a tad in this category because of the loose materials that allow sleepers to adjust it to their liking. But for folks who don’t want to hassle with fluffing and re-fluffing, the AirFoam™ might be for you.
- Need temperature regulation – This NASA-backed tech in the covers should help to keep sleepers feeling right. Not too hot and not too cold. Just right.
- Suffer from neck pain – Both these products are quality options that can replace that over-fluffed and overused rag of a pillow that you’re sleeping on now. Both the AirFoam™ and AirFiber™ by Nolah perform well at providing top-level comfort and support.
You might not like Nolah if you:
- Prefer a lower loft – Both the AirFoam™ and AirFiber™ stand around 6 inches tall, which is considered a higher loft in the world of pillows. While this may seem high, the materials do compress quite a bit under pressure to keep the head in optimal alignment with the spine.
But if you prefer slim loft and these won't work for you, we have these two lists that could help you find your best match:
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Standing 6-inches tall, both models feature the same 100% cotton cover lined on the inside with phase-changing Outlast® cooling material. The AirFoam™ is made from 100% temperature-neutral, high-resilience AirFoam™. This is the same AirFoam™ used in the Nolah Mattress, just in a softer consistency.
The AirFiber™ pillow is constructed with 100% temperature-neutral, spun, high-resilience fibers. This is a type of ultra-thin and light-spun polyester fiber, featuring lots of loft and silky-soft support.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
To judge if a pillow is right, your head should feel like it's in a neutral position in line with the rest of your spine, just as if you were standing up. Most experts say your head should be around four inches off the mattress, but a lot of this comes down to your height, build, and sleeping position.
The AirFoam™ has a medium-soft feel that’s similar to the deep cradling properties of memory foam but with the bounce and responsiveness of latex. It’s targeted for combo, back, and side sleepers desiring pressure relief for shoulders and optimal alignment for the head and neck.
The AirFiber™ has quite a bit of loft, but this quickly reduces under pressure and is slow to regain its shape. This model is aimed at all sleeping positions, thanks to its ability to contour to the shape of the head. Shoppers looking for a more traditional design with a soft and airy feel should be very happy with the AirFiber™.
Overheating should be a thing of the past with either of these models. The cooling Outlast® phase-change cotton cover was originally invented by NASA® to keep astronauts cool during take-off.
The AirFoam™ is contoured at the top to help circulate air with pinholes in the bottom to help it breathe all the way through. The AirFiber™ features temperature-neutral, spun, high-resilience fibers for breathability and cooling.
Noise & Smell
Both models may have a slight factory smell upon unboxing that should dissipate within a day. They are both virtually noise-free for undisturbed sleep.
- Warranty – Nolah offers a 2-year limited warranty for peace of mind.
- Shipping – Nolah ships for free within the continental United States.
- Trial – The company gives shoppers 120 nights to test its products out risk-free.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|AirFoam™||17” x 23” x 6”||$79|
|AirFiber™||20” x 30” x 6”||$69|
Nolah’s pillows offer cloud-like comfort and cooling for all sleeping positions.
If you’ve slept on Nolah’s mattresses and love their soft and supportive feel, you definitely will want to check out these pillows. Made with innovative Outlast® phase-change material—originally designed by NASA for cooling—as well as the brand’s airy foam and fiber, these pillows are high-tech.
Go for the AirFoam™ if you’re a side, back, or combo sleeper who wants supportive comfort, or opt for the AirFiber™ that can adapt to any sleeping position if you like a more traditional soft and airy feel. Either way, you should be well on your way to dreamland in no time.