Originating in the Bay Area of California, Keetsa began in 2017 with the objective of making the mattress-buying process simpler. By cutting out the middleman and selling their own product, limiting design options to make purchasing less daunting, and putting the customer’s experience first, Keetsa offers a more personal approach than your usual mattress brands. They sell their products in both brick-and-mortar shops and online while maintaining the high-quality and consumer-centric approach that they are known for.
This in-depth Keetsa Pillow Plus mattress overview takes a look at one of the company’s most popular models, from materials to motion transfer, using our specified scoring system. To find out if this bed is for you, continue on, or skip to the end for an overview.
You will love Keetsa if you:
- Reposition throughout the night – The responsive pillow top combined with the pocketed-coil foundation should help make moving around and getting in and out of bed easy.
- Like a classic pillow top innerspring – Although memory foam beds have taken the industry by storm, there are many who still want that classic, bouncier spring mattress. Keetsa should feel much more like your traditional coiled bed.
- Sleep hot – Its hybrid assembly and fiber padding in the cover should keep air moving within your bed and aid breathability for a cooler, more comfortable rest.
You might not like Keetsa if you:
- Want a memory foam feel – The top layers are made with memory foam but the overall experience is much bouncier than traditional memory foam. Keetsa does sell options that are solely memory foam if that is more your style.
Or you can see our top picks for this year or other individual mattress reviews for 2021.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Pillow Plus is a hybrid bed made from a combination of pocketed coils and foam that is compressed and folded into a box, then shipped straight to you. It is one of six mattresses Keetsa has to offer, all with different firmness levels and construction. It is aptly named; the pillow top style is exclusive to this Keetsa model.
Covered in 100 percent unbleached cotton, this bed should be cozy and soft to the touch. The shell is filled with a thin fiber padding that wicks moisture and should help keep the mattress cool. It is fire resistant, as well; the cover is treated with a flame retardant agent that has been tested for safety.
- The top is a BioFoam® layer that uses both plant and petroleum oil—rather than 100 percent petroleum that is usually found in memory foam—to make this product more eco-friendly while still remaining resistant.
- The second layer uses highly responsive Comfort Foam® designed to relieve pressure. This combined with the BioFoam® layer makeup three inches of the plush pillow top.
- The next layer is a high-density foam for extra support and durability.
- The base is the iCoil® individually-pocketed spring system that should isolate motion and make repositioning easy. The coils also improve airflow to resist overheating.
Compounded, these layers create an 11-inch bed.
Note: The company does not post full specifications online.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We are rating this bed a 6.5 out of 10 on our firmness scale, with 1 being the softest and 10 the firmest. The natural cotton cover and cozy pillow-top relieve pressure and add comfort, feeling like a gentle cradle; the innerspring system is designed to make a firmer, more supportive base. This hybrid places this mattress closer to medium-firm.
Using Comfort Foam® technology, the top layers should be pretty responsive while still conforming to your body, and the springs should give it a good amount of bounce. Combination sleepers should find moving throughout the night and changing positions to be effortless.
Side sleepers can benefit from the softer memory foam layers in the pillow top to help relieve pressure in the hips and shoulders.
Back sleepers should feel good spine alignment from the combined softness of the comfort layers and the firmer high-density foam and pocketed coils.
Stomach sleepers should find comfort in the firm support to help keep their hips level with the rest of their bodies and encourage a neutral position.
Those who are particularly lightweight may find that they sit more on top of the foam and consequently might not be able to get the support they need. Keetsa has softer options like the Tea Leaf Dream or Tea Leaf Supreme that may be better suited for these individuals.
An innerspring system tends to be on the bouncy side, making repositioning easy but motion transfer inevitable. The Pillow Plus attempts to combat this by individually wrapping the coils, which should allow for more isolated movement. The top layers should help insulate motion, as well.
Although the Pillow Plus performs better than non-hybrid spring competitors, sleepers may experience quite a bit of motion transfer due to the nature of using coils. This should not be a deal breaker for most, but if you are a light sleeper or share a bed with someone who repositions a lot, you may want to check out Keetsa’s all-foam options.
Many box-shipped mattresses struggle to maintain supportive edges because they are often made of all-foam that is rolled up tightly. While you may see some compression around the perimeter due to the soft pillow top, the high-density foam and springs give this mattress good edge support. You should feel just as comfortable laying on the edge of the bed as you would in the middle.
- Trial Period – The product comes with a 90-day trial period from the date of purchase to test the bed for yourself; however, you can not return the bed until you have tried it out for at least 30 days, and you may also be charged a return fee.
- Warranty – This company offers a 12-year limited warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is free to the lower 48 states, but it can also be sent to Alaska, Hawaii, and most parts of Canada for an additional fee.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foam used to make this product contains safe levels of harmful substances, such as flame retardants, mercury, and lead, as deemed by a non-profit organization.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – The cover has been tested for dangerous chemicals and has been approved for human use.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11”||$690|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||$990|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$1,090|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$1,290|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$1,290|
The Keetsa Pillow Plus is a great hybrid option—especially for combination sleepers—that uses higher-quality materials at an affordable cost.
All 11 inches were designed to give you a high-quality night’s rest, from the integrated BioFoam® to the 100 percent cotton cover. Those looking for a more traditional mattress should love the feel of this hybrid.
Jill Zwarensteyn is the editor for Sleep Advisor and a certified sleep science coach. She is enthusiastic about providing helpful and engaging information on all things sleep and wellness.
Based in Los Angeles, she is an experienced writer and journalist who enjoys spending her free time at the beach, hiking, reading, or exploring new places around town.
She’s also an avid traveler who has a personal goal of being able to successfully sleep on an airplane someday.