Brooklyn Bedding is well-versed in creating quality mattresses for all types of sleepers. The company now brings luxury to your bedroom with the Sedona Elite, a hand-crafted hybrid mattress.
The Sedona Elite boasts two coil systems and cooling copper memory foam for top-tier support, pressure relief, and temperature regulation. You can expect the Sedona Elite’s price tag to be higher than some other models, but don’t let that deter you. You may pay more upfront, but the high-quality, durable materials should provide a long-lasting mattress.
Our Sedona Elite review will provide all the ins and outs of this exciting hybrid. Keep reading for the full review, or click here to skip to our final score of this bed.
This bed was formerly known as the Sedona and is now called the Sedona Elite.
Excellent Matches For Sedona Elite
- Fans of Innerspring Beds – This bed contains two innerspring units. The top unit is made up of micro pocket coils designed for pressure relief, reduced motion transfer, and breathability. The bottom unit of individually encased Ascension X® is zoned and should deliver maximum throughout the bed, including the edges.
- Affordable Luxury Shoppers – The Sedona Elite offers sleepers an upgraded hybrid experience through an innovative design and top-quality materials. Best of all, though, is that the online sales model helps cut costs.
- Back and Side Sleepers – We feel the Sedona Elite has a classic medium firmness that should complement side and back sleepers best. Beds with a medium feel often have the right balance of support and pressure relief.
Possible Sedona Elite Considerations:
- It Doesn’t Have an All-Foam Feel – Some people love the slow-moving feel and excellent motion isolation that comes with all-foam beds. Despite its many advantages, the Sedona Elite is a hybrid so you won’t get the same feel as an all-foam model.
- May Not Be Firm Enough for Stomach Sleepers – While the Sedona Elite’s medium feel should complement many sleepers, those who regularly sleep on their stomach may find this bed lacking. Stomach sleepers often go for beds that have a firmer feel to ensure their midsection doesn’t sink into the bed, as this can lead to improper spinal alignment and back pain.
According to Brooklyn Bedding, the Sedona Elite hybrid mattress is made to withstand up to 950 pounds total or 475 pounds per person. This is a significant amount of support that should be more than enough for most sleepers, including couples.
Although the Sedona Elite can support up to 950 pounds, that doesn’t mean it will be the ideal bed for heavyset sleepers. Sleepers who carry a lot more weight often need extra support and firmness to ensure optimal body alignment and comfort. The Sedona Elite’s medium firmness will likely not give these individuals the support they require to feel at their best when they sleep.
However, Brooklyn Bedding has created a mattress line specially made for heavyweight sleepers called Titan. The Titan line of beds includes the Titan Plus and Titan Plus Luxe, each offering exceptional support for larger frames.
Construction: What’s inside Sedona Elite?
The Sedona Elite’s profile is 14 inches high, providing a substantial amount of material for a luxurious feel. The bed’s cooling panel cover is designed for optimal temperature regulation upon direct contact. This is ideal for hot sleepers who want a more immediate cooling effect when they lie on their bed.
- The copper memory foam layer is located right underneath the cover. This 1.5-inch thick layer is antimicrobial, making it excellent for those who are susceptible to allergies. The memory foam should provide a gentle cradle for pressure relief, while the copper keeps the material cool to prevent overheating.
- The first layer of coils is found under the memory foam layer. These micro pocketed coils are 2.5 inches high. Brooklyn Bedding has designed the coils to adapt to your body’s curves, further enhancing the bed’s pressure-relieving capabilities. Another perk is that the coils are made to keep quiet, so if you’re a light sleeper, you may appreciate this design feature.
- The support coil unit contains individually encased coils that stand 8 inches high. These Ascension X® coils feature three-zone support, providing excellent lifting for the lumbar area. Couples should also feel the bed’s impressive edge support provided by these springs.
- The base of the Sedona Elite is a highly dense foam that is an inch tall. This layer is added to reinforce the coils as they compress, while also giving the mattress plenty sufficient durability.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Brooklyn Bedding delivers the Sedona Elite to your home compressed in a box. All you have to do is remove it, unwrap it, and then unroll it onto your bed frame. The bed will naturally inflate to its full size once it’s laid out.
As you lie on the bed, you should feel the gentle cradle from the comfort layers. This is particularly helpful for side sleepers, as they need mattresses with good pressure-relieving effects to relax tension in the hips and shoulders.
Firmness Scale: 5.5 - 6/10
A mattress that’s built with good pressure-relieving materials is an important factor, particularly if you’re someone who lies on your side or back. Conversely, if your current bed doesn’t provide this, you’ll likely notice where pressure buildup occurs, which can be uncomfortable when trying to get some shuteye.
The Sedona Elite tackles pressure buildup in two ways. First, the bed incorporates one of the best solutions for pressure: memory foam. This material is highly popular in the bedding industry because it is so successful at melting away pressure, which is why so many manufacturers use it. The additional upside for consumers is that Brooklyn Bedding adds heat-conducting copper to the memory foam to prevent any overheating, a notable drawback of this foam type. The second way the Sedona Elite provides pressure relief is through the micro pocket coils. These springs are specially designed to relieve pressure, further complementing the effects of the memory foam.
Although pressure relief is a major selling point, good support is equally as important. Support is essential for optimal body alignment, which is necessary for preventing back pain. In general, hybrids are great beds for support, and the Sedona Elite is no exception.
The Sedona Elite is built with 8-inch high Ascension X® coils that should give you excellent support, while also providing added airflow. Another advantage to these coils is they keep you supported along the bed’s perimeter, so you’re less likely to fall off or have trouble getting in and out of bed. The coils are further supported by the dense foam base, which reinforces the springs.
The coils in hybrids provide extra airflow, and with two coil layers, you should feel exceptional breathability from this mattress. This is further supported by the copper in the memory foam and the cooling fabric in the cover.
Exceptional Edge Support
The Sedona Elite’s coils should provide fantastic edge support, making this a great selection for couples or single sleepers who enjoy using the maximum surface space of their bed.
If you’re a combination sleeper or have limited mobility, the springs in this mattress should provide some bounce to help with repositioning. This is also a feature that sexually active partners may enjoy.
Allergies are frustrating and can negatively impact how well-rested you feel in the morning. The good news is that the foams in the Brooklyn Sedona are hypoallergenic, reducing your chances of having an allergic reaction.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The Sedona Elite is compatible with an adjustable base. They also advise that the bed rests on a surface with minimal or no flex and that if you have a slatted base, the slats are no more than three inches apart.
Handcrafted in the USA
The Sedona Elite mattress is certified by CertiPUR-US®, a third-party rating program. This certification means the materials are made without toxic chemicals or gases like ozone depleters, flame retardants, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the contiguous United States. There is an additional fee of $125 to ship to Alaska or Hawaii.
- Trial - The company offers a 120-night risk-free trial period. However, they require you keep the bed for 30 nights before deciding whether or not to return it.
- Warranty - The Sedona Elite comes with a 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 14”||$1,249|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14”||$1,549|
|Full||53” x 75” x 14”||$1,999|
|Full XL||53” x 80” x 14”||$2,399|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$2,399|
|Short Queen||60” x 75” x 14”||$2,399|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$2,899|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$2,899|
|Split Cali King||36” x 84” x 14”||$1,549|
The Sedona Elite is luxury at a competitive price point from a family-owned brand. This bed should give you a premium sleep space for years to come.
Side sleepers should enjoy good pressure relief from the bed’s memory foam and micro coil layers, specially designed to melt away uncomfortable pressure. Although we feel that most side sleepers will like this bed, if you’re exceptionally lightweight, you may require something more plush, which is why we scored it a 4.
The Sedona Elite should excel for back sleepers. With a true medium-firm feel, this mattress should give this group the ideal combination of cradled pressure relief with firm, sturdy support. Furthermore, the zoned support in the coils should enhance support to the lower back.
While lightweight stomach sleepers under 130 pounds may do alright with this bed, most people who sleep on their bellies will find it not firm enough. A firmer feel is essential for keeping the hips lifted in order to prevent poor spine alignment.
Most combination sleepers should find the Sedona Elite a quality match for their needs. The medium firmness should adapt to multiple sleep positions, while the coils should give enough bounce to help you reposition comfortably. We rated this bed a 4 here because combo sleepers who regularly rotate onto their bellies may not like it as much.
We think most couples will love this mattress. One of the biggest selling points for couples is this bed’s incredible edge support, allowing both partners as much surface space use as possible. Additionally, the multiple cooling features should help prevent you from feeling too warm next to your partner.
Some heavier sleepers who solely sleep on their side may enjoy this bed, but we generally would not recommend this mattress to heavier people. Heavyweight sleepers need firmer beds that prevent them from bottoming out through the layers, and with a medium firmness, the Sedona Elite will likely not deliver enough support for this group.
While lightweight stomach sleepers may find the Sedona Elite acceptable for their needs, most lightweight sleepers will probably feel the bed is too firm to give them adequate pressure relief. Lightweight individuals feel beds as more firm, so they usually go for softer models to activate the comfort layers.
The Sedona Elite is an exceptional high-quality hybrid mattress that offers plenty of benefits to sleepers. The mattress should be a fantastic match for many sleepers, including those who lie on their back or side and people who sleep with a partner. Additionally, combination sleepers will likely enjoy this mattress
With so many advantages, the Sedona Elite is an excellent choice to invest in.
We recommend this product to back sleepers, as they will likely get the most from this bed. We also think this mattress is a good match for most side sleepers, except those under 130 pounds. Most combination sleepers should like this bed, but if you spend a lot of time on your belly, we suggest something slightly firmer.
We also recommend it to couples seeking excellent edge support, which they should experience from the high-quality coils.
We do not recommend this bed to heavy or lightweight sleepers.