Have you been searching for a high-quality memory foam mattress that’s affordable too? We’ve found a budget-friendly option that has some pretty unique features at a fraction of the cost.
Live & Sleep is an online-only company that keeps its front-end costs to a minimum, saving you more money without sacrificing quality. This company is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, and offers three different models for customers to choose from – Classic, Elite, and Luxury.
In this in-depth Live & Sleep mattress overview, we’ll focus on the Classic model but will point out who the Elite and Luxury may be best for too. Keep reading to find out all the details like cooling ability and pressure relief, or skip ahead to see our final scores and summary.
You will love Live & Sleep if you:
- A budget-friendly option – This company has taken out the middleman and keeps marketing costs low. This means that they’re able to offer three extremely affordable options that still provide the comfort and quality that you’re looking for.
- Want firm support – The Classic offers medium-firm support that is ideal for stomach and side sleepers who need a firmer bed for optimal spinal alignment. The supportive base should keep the hips elevated with the rest of the body while the plush comfort layer is designed for pressure relief.
- Are looking for a more eco-friendly option – Manufacturing foam typically requires the addition of chemicals to control its properties. Live & Sleep uses a state-of-the-art pressure chamber instead of chemicals which allows for a more consistent foam with less toxic chemicals.
You might not like Live & Sleep if you:
- Are a side sleeper – The Classic has a soft top layer over a firm base. This firmer bed offers enough pressure-relief to keep stomach and back sleepers supported, but may not be as comfortable for sleeping on the side if you have curves. If you’re a side sleeper, you may want to consider the Luxury model which is a bit softer.
- Want a lot of bounce – Foam materials perform exceptionally well in gently cradling the body and isolating motion, but they don’t offer the same bounce that you’ll find in innerspring designs.
Or check something on our list of top picks for 2021.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Live & Sleep Classic is an all-foam bed that is shipped to your door in a box. Like most bed-in-a-box brands, this mattress requires 24-72 hours to return to its original shape after unboxing (a little longer in cooler climates).
This bed is adjustable-base compatible and can be used on your existing frame. The company does recommend wooden slats if you’re using a box spring to allow for proper ventilation beneath the mattress.
The top cover is a thin, stretch-knit fabric that is soft and breathable. This removable cover can be spot cleaned using a mild detergent or sparkling water.
Overall, the Classic has two layers that stand 10 inches high.
- The top layer is the comfort layer and features 2.5 inches of premium memory foam. This layer is designed to provide a gentle hug, conforming to the natural curves of the body without making you feel stuck. The open-cell structure of the foam is self-ventilating, so it allows for good airflow and helps to dissipate body heat.
- The bottom layer is the total body support core featuring 7.5 inches of high-density foam. This durable layer offers a firm base. This foam is a little more resilient to help with repositioning and prevent unwanted sinkage.
The Elite also starts with 2.5 inches of memory foam but adds in half an inch of cooling gel memory foam on top of a 7-inch core support. The Luxury takes it a step further starting with 2.5 inches of contour open-cell memory foam, 1-inch of cooling gel memory foam, and 8.5-inch core support.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We scored this mattress on our firmness scale as a 7.5 out of 10, placing it in the medium-firm to firm range. If you’re looking for something slightly softer, the Luxury has a more medium-balanced feel coming in at a 6-6.5 out of 10. And for folks who like a firmer feel, the Elite comes in at an 8 out of 10.
The cover has a soft, airy feel which should provide good airflow to prevent you from overheating. This bed has a soft, comforting top layer that you immediately feel conforming to your curves. Rather than sinking into the softer memory foam layer, this bed holds you in a gentle cradle so you should feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud.
While the foam is slightly slower to respond, you should never feel stuck in this bed. Like most all-foam beds, there is very little bounce to this mattress. Being on the firmer side does mean that repositioning should be easier than in beds that are on the plush end. These foams are also very breathable, and sleeping more on top of the mattress usually helps to keep you cool and comfortable.
Being in the medium-firm range should suit a lot of people who are looking for a softer layer for pressure relief but still desire a firm core for support. The softer comfort layer combined with a firmer base may work well for combination sleepers who like to change positions during the night.
Back sleepers should feel the softer top layer gently conforming to the contours of the spine. As the body sinks through and hits the firmer base, the extra support is designed to promote proper spinal alignment by keeping the hips even with the shoulders and legs.
This medium-firm feel is also ideal for stomach sleepers who need extra support to prevent their midsection from sinking in too deep. The softer, plush layer should provide just enough pressure relief on the shoulders and hips while the firmer core should prevent the spine from arching. Extra firm bed lovers may gravitate towards the Elite.
Side sleepers will likely appreciate the softer layer that gently conforms to the body’s curves. Those on the heavier side may find that this mattress is too firm, hitting a little too heavy on the pressure points like the shoulders and hips. In this case, side sleepers and those with more curves may prefer the softer feel of the Luxury model.
Do you have kids who somehow always wind up in your bed or a canine friend who prefers more spinal support than his flimsy doggy bed can give him? Regardless of who you share a bed with, being able to sleep through the chaotic movements of pets, partners, and tiny tots is essential. This is where foam really shines, and the Classic is no exception.
Sleeping on this bed should be like sleeping in the eye of a storm. Even if your little people decide to practice their acrobatics at 2 am, you shouldn’t feel much of it. All three of Live & Sleep’s beds perform very well in isolating motion.
You may not be familiar with the term ‘edge support,’ but you’ve likely had the experience of sleeping on a bed that feels like you need a seat belt just to keep you from falling off. If a mattress doesn’t have good edge support, it really limits the amount of space you have for sleep and other bedroom activities. Likewise, if you’re used to sitting on the side of your bed to tie your shoes or get dressed, you want something sturdy enough to support your weight.
All-foam beds don’t typically excel in this category, but the Classic is firm enough that you shouldn’t have to worry about rolling off the side in the middle of the night. You may feel like you’re sinking in a bit while sitting on the edge, but it performs better than industry standard in this category for this price point. If edge support is a high priority for you, the Elite may be a better choice.
- Trial Period – With the Classic, you get 30 nights to try out this bed risk-free. If you decide it isn’t right for you, Live & Sleep will refund your money and pick up the mattress free of charge. Need a little longer to decide? The Elite gives you a 75-night trial and the Luxury goes even further with 100 nights.
- Warranty – All three Live & Sleep mattresses come with a generous 20-year warranty.
- Shipping – Free shipping is available within the continental U.S., including Hawaii and Alaska. The Classic arrives in 4-7 business days and the other two models arrive in 2 business days.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – These foams are certified as being low in harmful chemicals so you shouldn’t have to worry about a strong smell.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – This certifies the materials used in manufacturing are free from harmful substances so you can feel good about this healthier option for you and your family.
- Charitable Giving – Part of every sale is donated to the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
- Designed and Crafted in the USA (manufactured overseas)
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 10″||$399|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 10″||$449|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 10″||$449|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 10”||$549|
|King||76" x 80" x 10”||$649|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 10”||$649|
For a comfortable, no-frills design that still offers good support and pressure relief at an affordable price, the Classic is a steal. If you want a little more, a few extra dollars gives you some added features in the Elite or Luxury models.
Live & Sleep started out with a mission to create a perfect memory foam mattress at an affordable price by taking out the middlemen and offering quality and value at the same time. Their dedication to eco-friendly and non-toxic materials as well as charitable giving make this mattress company truly stand out.
If you’re in the market for a budget-friendly bed that still ticks all the boxes in comfort and support, any of Live & Sleep’s three models should meet your needs. For a basic memory foam mattress that performs well, choose the Classic. And if you need a little something more, the Elite and Luxury offer many bonus features without breaking the bank.