Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Can you have a memory bed without using viscoelastic materials?
WinkBed, which built their reputation on extremely durable innerspring mattresses, has introduced what they are calling the world’s first non-viscoelastic memory foam. A material that is so soft, yet supportive, that they claim it contours to the body without losing stability. The MemoryLuxe Mattress is one of two new additions to the WinkBed lineup, along with the brands EcoCloud Mattress.
Our in-depth WinkBed MemoryLux overview takes a look at the features that make this bed unique. This analysis will also cover the essentials, like comfort, support, cooling, and overall product value.
This product comes in 1 of 3 firmness options: MemoryLux Soft, MemoryLux Medium, and MemoryLux Firm. This review will focus on the Medium model.
Click here for our scoring and summary or keep reading to get the full scoop.
You will love WinkBed MemoryLux if you:
- Need options – With Soft, Medium, and Firm choices, just about all sleepers can find a bed that works for them.
- Are a memory foam fanatic – This bed has all the things sleepers love about memory materials, plus a little extra. It is designed to adequately support the body and adds quality cooling to a deep memory experience.
- People who want optimized alignment –This product offers 5-zoned tech designed to help keep the sleeper’s body straight throughout the night, which could help alleviate some pain in sore joints.
You might not like WinkBed MemoryLux if you:
- Need top-notch edge reinforcement – This mattress features average perimeter support for an all-foam product, but people who order the MemoryLux Firm might find better success, as the denser materials, will likely reinforce the edges a bit more. Those for whom edge support is a priority may look at the company’s innerspring models, which excel in this category.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Inside are 12 inches of foam materials. Fitted over this is an eco-friendly material called Tencel, a fabric that is derived from eucalyptus trees. This was made to be extra soft and cool.
By design, Tencel is made to absorb moisture and heat and wick them away to the outside edges of the bed’s surface. Tufted to the Tencel cover is a 2-inch gel-infused foam. This soft material helps further temperature regulation and the plushness helps foster ideal pressure relief.
- The first layer is a 3-inch AirCell™ Memory Foam. This material was designed to relieve pressure while fostering support in the areas of the body that need it most (hips, lumbar). It was made to be more breathable and sleep cooler than traditional memory foam.
- The second layer is 3 inches of Zoned Progression Foam™ that was made with 5 targeted support areas to help sleepers rest in optimal alignment. It sports firmer support in the hips and is softer beneath the legs and shoulders.
- The third and final layer is the brands 4-inch proprietary Atlas Support Foam™. This is a durable material that supports the sleeper’s body weight and works as the overall foundation of the product.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We score mattress firmness on a 10 point scale, with 1 being on the softer side. This mattress scores at about a 6 on that scale. The MemoryLux Soft would likely be around a 4 and the MemoryLux Firm would score close to an 8.
The MemoryLux was made to leave sleepers in a deep hugging cradle that contours to the body. This should be especially noticeable as sleepers sink down through the comfort foams, but this transitions into firmer materials that help support the body nicely. The Zoned Progression Foam™ should subtly target different parts of the body to create a more level feel.
The foams work together to absorb motion and reduce bounce. This does sacrifice some responsiveness but overall the pressure-relieving benefits should be worth it. While the materials may not assist moving around, most combination sleepers shouldn’t struggle to change position, though folks who have mobility issues may need to keep this in mind.
Back sleepers can take advantage of the zoned support this product offers. It helps to keep their body’s aligned while the soft foams on top work to relieve pressure. Back sleepers who like a firmer bed might want to look into the MemoryLux Firm.
Side sleepers often benefit from a mattress with a plush comfort layer. The materials used in this product help to relieve pressure in areas like the hips and shoulders, while the firmer foams beneath are geared towards keeping the body properly supported. Because softness is a key feature side sleepers love, these folks may benefit from the MemoryLux Soft model.
Stomach sleepers might find that they sink too quickly through the comfort materials. Most of these folks will probably be better suited for the MemoryLux Firm. This model would be better at keeping their hips elevated and aligned with their shoulders.
Overall this product offers something for sleepers of every position and just about every body type. People with more significant weight considerations may be better suited towards the brands WinkBed Plus, as the MemoryLux only supports weights of up to 450 lbs for single sleepers and 900 for co-sleepers.
Motion isolation can be important for folks who share a mattress. Waking up your significant other each and every time you get into bed is a sure-fire way to ensure that someone ends up snoozing on the couch.
High-quality foams can stop motion the same way a goalie stops a hockey puck. They trap motion to one side of the bed. The MemoryLux is a top option for stopping motion from every reaching your partner, so both of you can sleep happily in bed.
All-foam mattresses do not typically excel in this area. They are built to compress tightly into a box, so the side support on these products is not always top tier.
This bed performs as expected. It is not as strong as the company’s coil models, but it can support average-sized sleepers, though it is not recommended that you sleep at the outermost edge.
- Trial Period – Customers can enjoy a 120-night sleep trial. If their product is unsatisfactory within this period, they can send it back for a full refund.
- Warranty – This product is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Shipping – The product will ship anywhere in the contiguous United States.
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, Class 1 certified – The Tencel used in this mattress was tested by a third party for harmful substances and found safe for children.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – A third organization found the foams in this product to have minimal levels of specific metals, ozone depleters, and chemicals.
- Optional White Glove Delivery Service – A service where an installation team sets up your product and removes your old mattress.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||$1,099|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$1,199|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||$1,399|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$1,599|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$1,799|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$1,799|
WinkBed MemoryLux introduces a new age of memory foam by fostering a pressure-relieving experience without the drawbacks of traditional viscoelastic materials.
The WinkBed MemoryLux is the brand's first all-foam model and it does not disappoint. It offers the close contouring and pressure relief that memory lovers are looking for while offering several key updates to the classic material that improve cooling and longevity.
The foams do an excellent job contouring to your shape and there are plenty of firmnesses to choose from so you can find the correct match. True to the company’s reputation, this mattress is built to be durable and comes with a lifetime warranty that backs the company’s claim.
WinkBed now has a variety of products for sleepers to choose from. If you are still unsure if this bed is for you, be sure to check out one of the brands other models that may better suit your needs.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.