Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
How do you create a sleep experience that’s softer than the clouds themselves?
Puffy felt they had created a cloud-like bed with their original mattress. Then they decided to take things a step further to create an even Softer, more luxurious feel by adding extra comfort layers and cooling properties.
This in-depth analysis of the Puffy Lux bed will look at the properties of this product, along with some key differences seen in the original mattress. You’ll also find rankings based on Firmness and quality and many more.
Check out the entire review for a comprehensive analysis of this mattress and its strengths and features. Or skip to the end for our overall opinion and rankings.
You will love the Lux if you:
- Like a classic memory foam experience– A deep hug and supportive body contouring should provide a classic memory foam experience. Cooling gel infused into the foam should help to reduce overheating.
- Want a luxury feel – Extra comfort layers, a plusher cover feel, and enhanced cooling properties add a little extra value to the Lux.
- Need enhanced pressure relief – A plush cover and two comfort layers should provide excellent pressure relief. The foams are designed to compress or pushback as needed based on your weight and shape to provide personalized comfort.
You might not like the Lux if you:
- Prefer to sleep on top of the mattress This item should perform like classic memory materials with deep sinkage and hugging. Those who prefer to float on top of the bed may find Puffy’s proprietary mattress topper helps to reduce sinkage.
- Are a combination sleeper – Because of the deep hug and slow response of the comfort layers, some sleepers with considerable mobility concerns may experience some difficulty when repositioning.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a memory foam bed-in-a-box product. The Lux can be used on any flat surface and will work well on adjustable frames or on the floor. Puffy sells exclusive foundations, slatted bases, and adjustable frames through their website.
The polyester cover should feel plush and breathable. This stylish gray, diamond-pattern and white cloud cover can be removed for easy machine-washing.
The mattress is a total of 12 inches in height.
- The first layer contains 3 inches of Cooling Cloud Memory Foam. This layer is infused with cooling gel to help move heat away from the body to promote a cooler sleep experience.
- The second layer consists of 2 inches of Puffy Plush Cloud Comfort Layer. This foam is designed to add comfort while contouring to your body for personalized pressure relief.
- The third layer is made up of 7 inches of Puffy Firm Support Layer. This layer is meant to provide solid support throughout the bed.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rank the comfort level of this bed at a 4.5 on our Firmness scale where 1 is softer than a cloud and 10 is hard as a rock. This puts the Lux at just a little softer than the original Puffy bed, which ranked at a 5.5. This should be a good option for those who prefer a Soft-Medium feel.
You should notice a deep hug as you sink into the memory foam. This should allow for enhanced pressure relief and a comfortable contouring of the body. Cooling properties infused into the foam should help to prevent overheating despite the deep hug.
The Lux should have very little bounce and the foams can be quite slow to respond. This is ideal for those who prefer a classic memory foam experience. This may cause some combination sleepers may feel as though their movements are inhibited, though the company’s proprietary mattress topper promises more of a floating experience and can be added to the bed to help reduce that “stuck” feeling.
Most back sleepers should enjoy solid lumbar support and a neutral spine thanks to the conforming foam layers.
While this bed is likely to have a Medium-Soft feel, most stomach sleepers should still find it to be supportive enough to keep the spine from becoming misaligned due to the individualized support and pushback provided by the proprietary foams. Those who do prefer a slightly Firmer feel may want to opt for the original Puffy mattress.
Most side sleepers should experience enhanced pressure relief as the adaptive foam compresses under heavier areas such as the shoulders and hips. The contouring should help to keep the spine neutral for maximum comfort.
The overall Medium-Soft feel and should make this an ideal product for most preferences, though those who seek easier repositioning may want to add Puffy’s mattress topper to reduce sinkage.
This bed is designed to sustain up to 350 pounds per person, or 700 pounds total for the entire mattress.
You should notice very minimal motion transfer as the dense memory foam absorbs movements, preventing them from traveling throughout the bed. This should be an ideal way to reduce sleep disruption from restless partners or energetic pets.
All-foam beds often compress when sitting or lying at the edge. This is also noticeable in the Lux, though the compression should be less when lying down, allowing for more usable sleep surface. Edge support is not often a dealbreaker for most shoppers, but those who do take this into consideration should appreciate this slightly higher-performing foam bed.
- Trial Period – Shoppers may try out their bed for 101-nights before making a final decision.
- Warranty – This product comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Shipping – Puffy ships free within the continental United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams inside this bed are certified to be free of dangerous materials such as formaldehyde or lead.
- Charitable Donations – The company promises to donate a mattress to a child in need for every 10 new social media posts that feature customers jumping on their Puffy bed. They will also work to donate or recycle returned products.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 12″||$1,445|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 12″||$1,495|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 12″||$1,595|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$1,795
|King||76" x 80" x 12”||$1,995|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 12”||$1,995
Enhanced, personalized pressure relief and extra comfort layers make this luxury version of the Puffy mattress a real dream for sleepers of most preferences.
Puffy thinks you should sleep like an angel on a soft, fluffy cloud. The company has added extra comfort layers and cooling properties to their Puffy bed to create a luxury option that is sure to provide enhanced pressure relief and a comforting hug to most shoppers.
Quality materials, an adaptive design, and the knowledge that your purchase could help support someone in need lend a lot of value to this bed.
Author: Mark Reddick
When I’m not learning about sleep, you can find me hanging out with my wife and close friends.
I absolutely love entrepreneurship and learning how to improve yourself daily. We only get one life, and I want to make it the best one possible.
I hope that everyone that finds our site takes a new approach to sleep. The world needs to stop thinking about it as something “we just do,” but rather something that allows us “to do every day.”