Can a traditional down and feather pillow be innovated to give sleepers a better night’s rest?
This product comes from the same brand that makes over a dozen different mattresses and even offers a sleep quiz to match them with a bed suited towards them. The brand also has several other products aimed at continuing this tailor-made approach to sleep. The Helix Down and Feather Pillow uses a 3 core technology to help give customers the rest they love.
Our in-depth Helix Down and Feather Pillow review looks at all the features that make a good product, including cooling, value, and overall comfort and support.
Keep on reading for the 411 or if you are in a rush, scroll on down to the bottom for our scoring and summary of this product.
You will love the Helix Down and Feather Pillow if you:
- People looking for adjustability – Combination sleepers can easily fluff their cushion to their preferred loft to get a better night’s rest.
- Want a traditional feel – This product gives shoppers that feather and down sensation that sleepers have always loved. If you want a familiar feel that also offers quality comfort and support, this might be for you.
- Need temperature regulation – Down pillow is a great resource to keep sleepers cool when they are hot and can also help warm things up when it’s too cold. So whatever temperature you prefer, this one should have you covered.
You might not like the Helix Down and Feather Pillow if you:
- Want a firmer pillow – Helix has several pillow options for folks looking for a pillow that is more solid and firm under their neck, though this pillow has the added bonus of being easily adjustable.
Take a look at our list of highest rated pillows for more materials and models.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The outer cover is made with a 100% cotton cambric fabric and the materials have been double stitched to help ensure lasting durability.
This pillow is between 6 and 8 inches thick and was designed with two outer cores of white down for that luxury plush comfort. It also has an inner core filled with a proprietary mix of feather and down blend for stable support, helping to reduce back and neck pain.
The brand directs that customers only spot clean the cover and put it in the dryer on a low tumble dry setting to help fluff it up.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
The construction of this cushion is going to affect the overall feel. What this means is that the core will have a firmer feel than the outside. In a way, it is providing more support to the pillow while the surrounding fill is plusher, giving sleepers both comfort and necessary support.
After someone lays on their pillow, experts suggest that the height of the cushion should keep their head elevated about 4 inches off the top of the mattress. This distance should be best for reducing pressure along the neck and the sleeper’s spine.
To achieve this, the most effective way to achieve the ideal loft is to adjust the loose materials on the inside to fit the sleeper's neck and head. This feather and down construction makes this a versatile option that helps relieve pressure by quickly allowing the sleeper to fix the cushion to an ideal position.
Back sleepers can adjust the pillow so it lifts their head 3 or 4 inches off the surface of the bed. When they do this they should feel that their neck is well aligned and it provides a good amount of support for their head.
Likewise, side sleepers can adjust the mattress so it has a little more loft to fill the gap between their head and their shoulders. When they do this, they should experience a pressure relieving sleep that keeps their head properly elevated.
Stomach sleepers might feel the materials are too much up in their face when they first lie down. For this folks it can help to move their head to the edge of the pillow. Most people will want it to be thinner as they sleep on their stomach, so they can adjust the loft according to their needs by fluffing the material.
The adjustability of the materials makes this a good fit for just about all sleeping positions but combination sleepers should really like how this pillow feels as it is super easy to adjust as you change positions throughout the night.
The cotton cover is quite breathable and feels very cool. Down, in particular, has been praised for its ability to regulate temperature, so if you sleep hot or cold, this pillow could really help you out.
Noise & Smell
Off-gassing refers to the odor that some bedding products have after they come out of their packaging. Because this pillow does not use some of the safe, yet odorous chemicals other products use, it does not have any sort of smell when it comes out of its box.
Customers may experience some noise while adjusting their pillow during the night but these sounds should not be loud enough to keep them from falling or staying asleep.
- Size Options – This product comes in both a Standard/Queen and King size.
- Trial – Customers can enjoy a 100-Night Sleep Trial and return their product for a refund within that time period.
- Warranty – Shoppers can take advantage of a 1-Year Warranty that comes with this product.
- Shipping – Free shipping is available within the contiguous United States for this product.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This product was reviewed by a third party that checks for harsh chemicals, heavy metals, or formaldehyde.
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Standard/Queen||20” x 28”||$95|
|King||20” x 36”||$110|
The Helix Down and Feather Pillow offers so many features that so many shoppers are bound to enjoy. The soft feather comfort was designed to provide innovative pressure relief and support for this type of product.
Shoppers looking for a luxury like sleep should consider this Helix product and look into the other innovative products that the brand has to offer.