Are you looking for affordable luxury from an established mattress brand?
Simmons has been an industry leader for generations, being among the first to mass-produce pocketed coil beds with the launch of the Beautyrest line in 1925.
This well-known line can be found in retail stores all over the world, but they recently launched a virtual store room with a limited selection of offerings. There’s a lot to love about this brand, but how does this hybrid bed stack up?
This Beautyrest Hybrid mattress review will look at the important features like quality, comfort, and support. While this brand sells many hybrid models in-store, this review will focus on its online-direct option.
Keep reading for the full review or skip ahead to the end for our final thoughts and scores.
Who Do We Think Matches With Beautyrest Hybrid?
- Affordable Luxury Shoppers – This hybrid is the most affordable option in the Beautyrest online-direct line. With enhanced edge support, a cooling system, and complimentary white glove delivery, you get luxury features at a budget-friendly price.
- Individuals Who Need Edge Support – This bed has a firm layer of foam that lines the entire perimeter, framing the foam and spring layers. You should be able to sleep evenly across the entire surface and feel well supported if you use the edge for sitting.
- Sleepers Looking for Enhanced Cooling – Memory foam layers can sleep hot, but this mattress features the Beautyrest InfiniCool™ Plus system. With cool-to-the-touch phase-change fabric in the cover and cooling gel throughout the memory foam layers, overheating shouldn’t be an issue..
Possible Beautyrest Hybrid Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a classic memory foam feel. – Many people love the deep sinking feel of memory foam hugging the body while they sleep. While this bed does have memory layers on top, they are on the firmer side, so you won’t get as much contouring as with all-foam beds. Side sleepers may prefer one of their plusher models, but this firmer hybrid should be a welcome option for stomach and back sleepers.
Construction: What’s Inside Beautyrest Hybrid?
The ContourFit™ cover features cool-to-the-touch fabric for ultimate temperature maintenance. Built-in handles on both sides should make moving or rotating this mattress a breeze. Overall, there are five layers that stand an impressive 13.5 inches high, much thicker than other online mattress brands.
- The first layer features BlackICE™ hybrid technology, a cool-to-the-touch material designed to foster a cooling sensation at the surface to reduce heat.
- The second layer consists of 1 inch of RightTemp™ Memory Foam that works to remove heat away from the sleeper and gently cradles pressure points.
- The third layer contains 2 inches of Beautyrest® gel memory foam providing a firm base underneath the gel layers before transitioning into the coils below. This supportive layer is designed to keep the spine in a neutral position to reduce lower back pain and promote optimal alignment.
- The fourth layer features the Beautyrest 1000 Series Firm Pocketed Coil® system for adaptive contouring and pressure relief. This layer is designed to offer exceptional support and motion isolation so you and a partner can sleep soundly all night long.
- The fifth layer features the T3 Pocketed Coil® technology system which boasts coils made of three tightly wound steel strands to reduce motion transfer and optimize support.
An additional layer of firm BeautyEdge® foam lines the perimeter to provide superior edge support so you can sit or sleep on the edge without feeling like you’re falling off.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The Beautyrest Hybrid is shipped to your home without being compressed in a box. This is a great feature because you can start sleeping on your mattress right away without waiting for it to take shape or air out that new mattress smell. With complimentary white glove service, the company will take care of delivery and set up, removing your old mattress and any packaging at the same time.
Testing out this hybrid, the first thing you’ll notice is the stretchy knit fabric. Not only is it soft but the material has breathable features which are great for airflow and ventilation. The surface should feel cool-to-the-touch, thanks to the phase-change material and cooling gel.
As you settle into bed, you should immediately feel the memory foam layers contouring to your lumbar spine. As you sink into the layers, you’ll feel the resistance from the coil system which should also provide some pushback support. Sitting on the edge, you’ll likely feel well-supported thanks to the reinforced perimeter that features an extra layer of foam.
Firmness Scale: 6/10
Pressure points are the areas of the body that are prone to end up taking the bulk of body weight during sleep. For side sleepers, these would be the shoulders and hips. To prevent morning aches and pains, many beds are built with pressure relief in mind.
With three comforting layers of foam in this model, you should experience conforming pressure relief as the foams mold to your individual shape. Unlike some foam beds that feel like you’re sinking through to the bottom, these firmer foams should cradle your body in a gentle hug.
Being on the firmer side may not be right for everyone, so sleepers looking for extra pressure relief may be better suited by the Beautyrest Black with the plush pillow top option.
Without adequate support, your mid-section may end up lower than the rest of your body, causing your spine to arch. If you suffer from neck or back pain, this could be a contributing factor. Pairing firmer foam with pocketed coils should offer a good base of support and relief for sleepers who suffer from issues like lower back pain.
This model was designed for long-term durability, so the support should be constant over time. Hybrids like this tend to be versatile enough for a wide range of sleepers. With the ability to accommodate between 250 to 300 pounds per side, even heavier sleepers should feel well supported.
Free White Glove Delivery
This company offers complimentary white glove delivery. This means that they will set up your new mattress and remove any packaging as well as your old bed.
Sleepers who are prone to overheating should feel very cool on this bed, thanks to the phase-change material and cooling gel. The coil system also allows for natural air circulation, enabling hot air to escape so you can stay cool.
Exceptional Edge Support
Edge support is important if you share a bed and want to be able to utilize the entire surface. If you’ve ever had the experience of rolling off the side of the bed, you’ll want a bed with good edge support.
This mattress features a layer of firm BeautyEdge® foam around the perimeter of the bed. You should notice good edge-to-edge support while sleeping or sitting on the side of the bed.
Great Motion Isolation
Thanks to the firm pocketed coil system, each coil compresses individually and shouldn’t transfer motion like traditional coils that are interconnected. Good motion isolation means you can sleep like a rock regardless of what’s going on around you - which is a must-have for light sleepers.
Having some bounce or “push back” is important for folks who change positions frequently or have limited mobility. A high level of bounce is also a nice plus for sexually active couples.
Adjustable Base Compatible
This bed is compatible with most frames, foundations, and adjustable bases, but the company does recommend a box spring or a frame with slats that are no more than 2 inches apart.
This third-party certification ensures that the foams have been tested for safe levels of harmful emissions, chemicals, or heavy metals, such as formaldehyde, lead, or ozone depleters.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping is offered to all 48 contiguous states with complimentary white glove services.
- Trial - Beautyrest offers a 100-night in-home sleep trial, so you can test this bed out and see if it is right for you.
- Warranty - Like many other brands, the company offers a 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin XL||40” x 81” x 13.5”||$2,149|
|Full||55” x 76” x 13.5”||$2,429|
|Queen||61” x 81” x 13.5”||$2,599|
|King||78” x 81” x 13.5”||$3,099|
|Cali King||73” x 85” x 13.5”||$3,099|
We think that Beautyrest’s new hybrid has a lot to offer in the online-direct world, combining springs and coils for affordable luxury.
Side sleepers benefit from contouring support that can absorb pressure from the shoulders and hips. Those with heavier frames should feel relief in these areas from the gel memory foam layers, but light to average sleepers may notice excess pressure in this position since they may not have enough weight to push through the foam layers. For side sleepers on the lighter side, one of Beautyrest’s plush models may be a better option.
Back sleepers should feel adequately supported by the pocketed coils, keeping the spine aligned throughout the night. The comfort foam layers should offer contouring support for the lumbar region, cradling the body in a gentle hug.
Stomach sleepers also benefit from a firmer bed that keeps the hips supported so the back doesn’t arch at an odd angle overnight. The firmer coils and foam layers should do a good job of keeping the spine in a neutral position for sleepers who prefer their stomach.
Sleepers who frequently change positions throughout the night often love hybrids that can offer a nice balance of conforming pressure relief and pushback support. Regardless of which position sleepers find themselves in at night, they should experience comfort and support.
Couples who don’t want to compromise shouldn’t have to with this hybrid, thanks to the blend of comfort and support. With great edge support and limited motion transfer, it has all the features that matter to most couples. Those looking to spice things up in the bedroom should be very pleased by the high degree of bounce this mattress offers.
Unlike all-foam models that run the risk of bottoming out, this hybrid has a strong support system due to the pocketed coils. With the ability to hold up to 250 to 300 pounds per side, this mattress is suitable for sleepers with larger frames. With firmer foams and a coil base, heavy sleepers should be able to take advantage of the strong support and pressure relief this bed offers.
Light sleepers may find this bed feels too firm, especially those who like to sleep predominately on their sides. While it does have some memory foam on top, those with lighter frames may not be able to sink in enough to activate the deeper layers. Exceptionally lighter folks may want to consider the Beautyrest Black with the plush pillow top option.
We believe that this mattress is an excellent addition to the growing hybrid options available online. Compared to other hybrid offerings by Beautyrest, you’re getting exceptional value for your money.
The gel memory foam layers with cooling technology should keep you comforted and cool, relieving pressure and contouring to your body all night long. The pocketed coils are designed to support your spine, isolating motion and minimizing partner disturbance. With complimentary white glove service, you get all the high-end features at an affordable price.