Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Does luxury sleep on a high-end mattress seem like an impossible dream while sleeping with a partner?
A couple living in Chicago was tired of compromising on mattresses so they sought out to make a bed that would fulfill both their needs. With the help of mattress expert, Englander, Amore was born. The company has recently released their Luxury hybrid mattress which features natural and organic materials that should allow sleepers to experience a premium mattress at a competitive price.
Our in-depth overview of the Amore Luxury Hybrid with Natural Latex covers everything from comfort and cooling to overall purchase value. This bed is offered in both a Luxury Medium and a Luxury Firm model. This review will cover the Luxury Medium, as the company states that this satisfies a larger range of their customers.
For the full analysis all you have to do is keep reading, but if you want to skip ahead to our scoring and summary, just click here.
Or, if you prefer to check out the brand's mainstay model, see the review of Amore's Hybrid model.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Share a bed – This brand allows customers to customize their mattress by splitting the firmness levels. Couples can sleep side-by-side on a firmness they love. As a plus, this mattress supports top-of-the-line edge support and motion isolation, two bed properties that benefit couples.
- Sleep hot – Waking up in a pool of sweat can be gross and if you share a mattress, embarrassing. This product has the option to include an extreme cooling cover while using latex in the comfort layer, a material known for keeping sleepers cool while lying on the mattress.
- Want luxury – Everyone likes to wake up feeling like a million bucks. This mattress uses top-notch materials to ensure that sleepers wake up happy and healthy. As a bonus, this upgraded bed provides hundreds of dollars in savings when compared to other premium hybrids on the market.
- Are eco-minded – This brand proudly displays a long list of certifications that display their efforts to keep things green and safe for the environment. This brand works with GOTS certified organic wool and cotton as well as 100% Natural Talalay latex.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Have heavier weight considerations – This hybrid rates a tad lower compared to some other brands in this regard. It can support up to 300 pounds per side on the Luxury Firm and just a bit less on the Luxury Medium. Though it should support most sleepers, those with significant weight concerns might want to consider this limit (maybe instead you can check our top picks for heavier individuals).
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This bed-in-a-box product incorporates a mix of latex, coils, and foam. This 12.5-inch bed can be used on just about any foundation and works well with an adjustable base. If you are interested in this option, the company sells their own adjustable foundation.
The 6 layers in this bed are covered with your choice of either a GOTS certified organic cotton cover or a copper-infused cover that helps to regulate temperature as well as has antimicrobial properties. Embedded into the construction is bamboo rayon and copper ions that help it remain cool.
- The first layer is 1 inch of Thermo-regulation Organic Wool that fosters fantastic surface comfort and acts as a natural fire barrier.
- The second layer contains 2 inches of 100% Natural Talalay Latex. This material sleeps cool and is designed with pinholes to provide additional airflow through the foam.
- The third layer is furnished with 1 inch of proprietary FusionFlex™ foam that functions all night long to keep sleepers dry by wicking away moisture. It also includes extreme contouring properties to keep sleepers comfortable.
- The fourth layer is a Hyper-Contouring Open-Cell Transitional Foam. This is a polyurethane dampening foam designed to allow the sleeper's body to ease into the layers below.
- The fifth layer makes up the foundation of the mattress. These 6-inch wrapped coils equip this mattress with edge-to-edge reinforcement through a supported dual edge perimeter.
- The final layer is an Ultra Supportive Breathable Foam Base constructed from poly-foam.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Part of the way a bed feels has to do with how firm it is and, here at Sleep Advisor, we like to make that easier for folks to visualize. We rate mattresses on a scale that runs from 1 to 10, with a 10 being the firmest. The Luxury Medium option of this product is rated at a 5.5, while we would rate the firm more of a 7.5.
This mattress allows sleepers to sink into a soothing deep cradle as they slumber off to sleep. It should feel incredibly soft to the touch and foster great comfort on top with the latex. If you use the copper-infused cover, it should feel a few degrees cooler than room temperature.
As sleepers ease themselves into the bed they should notice that the springs administer great support from edge to edge. These same coils support mobility on top of the bed, as they should foster a good deal of bounce. The responsive latex layer on top also makes it easy for combination sleepers to reposition into whatever position they prefer.
Back sleepers should enjoy the comfort of the wool on top and sink through to the latex layer. This should conform gently to the small of their back and admirably support their weight for a comfortable night's rest.
Side sleepers relish in a bed that can relieve pressure from their shoulders and hips, two nagging areas that spot a heavy amount of weight over a small surface area. This causes strain to build, but side sleepers need not worry about this with this hybrid. They should sink subtly through the gently contouring comfort layers and enjoy the support of the springs beneath.
Stomach sleepers like a supportive surface that can elevate their hips. This keeps them from experiencing lower back pain and keeps their spine aligned. Most stomach sleepers should do well on this bed as latex is one of the most supportive materials for a comfort layer. However, folks who enjoy an even firmer surface may enjoy the Luxury Firm.
Customers with heavier weight considerations may also enjoy the Luxury Firm, as it has a higher weight limit. It supports up to 300 pounds per side, while the Luxury Medium will only comfortably accommodate up to 225 pounds.
Motion isolation can be key to getting good sleep if you share a bed. When one partner gets up to get a glass of milk at 3 in the morning, ideally, you should not be able to feel his or her movements. Many bedding materials have been designed to stop motion from traveling across the surface of the mattress.
Although there may be quite a bit of bounce in this mattress, the inner layers do an excellent job at maintaining that movement to one side of the bed. The pocket coils operate separate of one another, allowing them to trap motion where they stand. This combined with the other isolating foams in this hybrid makes it a great choice for sleepers wanting to sleep unaware of their adventurous sleeping partner.
Bed-in-a-box products are designed with pliable materials so they can to compress into their packaging. Although this can sometimes translate into weak edges, Amore customers can dream peacefully knowing they should remain well supported on the Luxury Hybrid mattress. This product supports strong edges through its dual edge coils perimeter. Side support should stay strong on this product whether you are sleeping, sitting, or even standing along the edge of your bed.
- Multiple/Split Firmness Available – This product is offered in a Luxury Medium and Luxury Firm. Your bed can also be ordered with dual firmness to fit the needs of more than one sleeper.
- Trial Period – The company allows customers to try this product for up to 100-nights. If they are not satisfied they may return it for a full refund.
- Warranty – This brand supports a 20-year warranty
- Shipping – Returns and shipping are available for free within the United States.
- Certified Materials – This bed uses GOTS certified organic wool and cotton. Amore only works with foams that are CertiPUR-US Certified and OKEO-TEX Standard 100, meaning they used safe amounts of chemicals and materials in their construction, as was tested by a third party lab.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Charitable Initiatives – Amore Beds works with organizations and donates their products to provide relief to victims of hurricanes and other natural disasters.
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 74” x 12.5”||$700|
|Twin XL||38” x 79” x 12.5”||$800|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12.5”||$975|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12.5”||$1,100|
|King||76” x 80” x 12.5”||$1,300|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12.5”||$1,300|
The Amore Luxury Hybrid with Natural Latex is a comfortable and supportive latex mattress that adds the benefit of eco-minded materials and manufacturing.
Finding a premium hybrid at an affordable price can be difficult in today’s market, but Amore has just made it that much easier. Folks looking for a luxurious night sleep on a natural bed, may not need to look any further than the Amore Luxury Hybrid.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.