Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Looking for a bed that works hard so you can sleep even harder?
Our Titan and WinkBed Plus comparison will compare and contrast two durable, heavy-duty mattresses and help you choose between the hybrid that’s best for you.
Owned by Brooklyn Bedding, Titan is brand dedicated specifically to creating a product that caters to plus-sized sleepers. WinkBed offers handmade products that keep quality and innovation in mind and were one of the first online mattress companies to present a product for sleepers over 300 pounds.
Quick Comparison: Titan vs. WinkBed Plus
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- For a plus-sized person
- Want a hybrid
- Sleep hot
Sleepadvisor200 or click the button below
- Well distributed support
- Reduces heat retention
- Good for heavier individuals
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This foam and coil hybrid is shipped inside a box after being compressed.
The polyester cover of this 11-inch mattress features an inch of gel memory foam which provides cooling and plush pressure relief.
- The top layer contains a 2-inch TitanFlex™ designed to be responsive and to provide enhanced pressure relief.
- The second layer offers enhanced stability through the use of 6-inch TitanCaliber™ coils. The springs are individually pocketed, which promotes airflow and motion isolation.
- The base layer contains a 2-inch High-Density Base Foam to help absorb the motion from the upper coils and acts as a foundation for the entire mattress.
WinkBed Plus Construction
This hybrid combines foam, latex, and coils. It is compressed when shipped so that it can fit inside a convenient box.
This 14.5-inch mattress features a Tencel cover that is designed to wick away moisture in an effort to prevent overheating.
- The topmost layer contains a 1-inch Body Impression-Proof Foam. This proprietary material uses a hypersoft gel foam to promote cooling and pressure relief. The material responds quickly, reducing body impressions as shoppers move around on the bed.
- The second layer holds a 2.5-inch latex that is separated into 7 comfort zones, which is meant to provide more support or compression where it is needed most. Shoppers should feel as though the lower back is well-supported as the latex fills the lumbar region. This material is aerated, to promote airflow and cooling.
- The bottom layer consists of a TexasQUAD individually wrapped support coil system. The springs are bound together by fours, reinforcing stability. The pocketed design offers airflow and individualized compression.
- The perimeter works to create stability all the way around this bed via a reinforced, high-density foam railing.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Titan has earned a score of 6.5-7 on our comfort scale. This system uses rankings between 1 and 10 to determine how these products are likely to feel when a shopper lies down on them. This bed’s score indicates a medium-firm to perhaps firm feel, depending on how the person experiences this product.
Designed for heavier sleepers, the Titan bed features an enhanced support system that is meant to provide proper spinal alignment and even weight distribution. The upper comfort layers offer pressure relief but should respond quickly for easy repositioning.
WinkBed is ranked at a medium-firm 6.5. Side sleepers who generally prefer a softer feel should be able to rest comfortably as the zoned areas are designed to reduce pressure in the shoulders and hips while maintaining alignment.
Both beds are designed to feel cool when shoppers lie on the gel-infused foams. Both beds feature materials that are meant to reshape quickly and easily. This should allow combination sleepers to reposition without too much resistance.
The reinforcement and durable construction of these items makes them great options for shoppers with more considerable weight concerns.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
People will sink slightly into the upper gel foam inside the Titan’s cover, coming to rest inside a deeper cradle that offers pressure relief by conforming to the body’s curves. Those who opt for the WinkBed will experience slightly less sinkage, floating in a gentle cradle that promotes easy mobility and airflow.
Having springs and responsive latex, both options offer ample bounce. Those looking for enhanced mobility may prefer the Titan as the TitanFlex™ is designed with a little extra bounce.
Comparing Motion Transfer
Hybrids generally land between motion isolating all-foams and super bouncy innersprings. The same can be said for both of these items, however, measures have been taken to help reduce some motion transfer by wrapping the coils individually with foam to allow for independent movement and motion absorption.
Though most shoppers are unlikely to experience too many disruptions on these beds,exceptionally light sleepers with restless partners might choose the WinkBed as it offers slightly less bounce, which should help to reduce motion transfer.
Comparing Edge Support
Sprawlers can feel free to stretch out and enjoy their entire sleep surface on either of these two beds. Both brands offer exceptional edge support designed to leave shoppers feeling stable even as they lie along the edge of these beds.
Titan vs. WinkBed Plus Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester stretch-knit with gel memory foam||Tencel|
|Materials||TitanFlex™ foam and TitanCaliber™ coils||Foam, latex, and coils|
|Cooling||Cooling gel and independently pocketed coils||Cooling gels and coils|
|Sinkage||Deeper Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||Lifetime with Comfort Guarantee|
|Trial Period||120 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Free to the continental United States, additional fee required to ship to Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska||Free to the contiguous United States, White Glove service is optional|
|Made in the USA||Yes||Yes|
|Size||Titan Price (w/o discount)||WinkBed Price (w/o discount)|
Should I Buy Titan or WinkBed Plus?
Which hybrid will win over your heart? We have a few ideas of which types of sleepers might be drawn to either brand. Check out our recommendations below.
We Would Recommend Buying Titan if You are Looking for:
- A cushy pillow top. Shoppers will sink gently into the soothing gel memory foam inside the airy and breathable cover.
- Lots of bounce. Combination sleepers can enjoy easy repositioning thanks to the ample bounce provided by the springy latex and coil system.
- A more budget-friendly option. The company offers competitive prices that let shoppers comfort and durability without breaking the bank.
We Would Recommend Buying WinkBed Plus if You are Looking for:
- Zoned comfort. Lumbar support and comfort zones promise even weight distribution and just the right amount of compression and pushback for most position preferences.
- An extra tall bed. This model puts an emphasis on “big and tall” by adding an extra 3 inches of height to the overall thickness of the mattress.
- Lifetime replacements. The company offers a comfort guarantee that allows shoppers to replace their bed with a different comfort option or switch it out for a new one even after the trial period has ended.
If you are a plus-sized shopper looking for bounce, cooling technologies, and enhanced support, either of these two sturdy products is right for you. Titan promises deeper sinkage with a plush cover and a competitive price point. WinkBed provides a great co-sleeping experience by reducing motion transfer and reinforcing edge support.
Head back up to the top of this guide to check out our individual reviews for either mattress.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.