Are smart mattresses the way of the future? Can controlling and monitoring your sleep patterns help you find the perfect night's rest?
Well-known Sleep Number released their proprietary performance SleepIQ® technology back in 2014. It is designed to read hundreds of measurements per second so customers can check on up-to-date biometrics readings and sleep patterns. Their 360 p6 models are designed to permit sleepers to customize firmness, allowing the bed to adjust as they change positions during the night.
Our in-depth analysis of Sleep Number 360® p6 Smart bed looks not only at smart technology but analyzes sleep preferences that most people look for in a mattress selection, namely, comfort and support.
To get the full scoop, keep reading; if you are crunched for time, feel free to jump down to our scoring and summary.
Excellent Matches For Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed
- Want a smart bed – This product interacts with a handful of different apps and smart devices. It even tracks biometrics such as heart and respiratory rates.
- Share your sleeping space – With an air chamber under each side of the mattress, sleepers can have their firmness adjusted to fit their specific needs and body type. As a bonus, sleepers get excellent motion isolation and edge support properties that make sharing this sleeping space even more convenient and comfortable.
- Cooling – Gel-infused foams should help regulate body heat and keep your mattress cool—the mattress links with the Nest Thermostat to help you identify your optimal bedroom temperature.
Possible Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed Considerations:
- Want a traditional mattress – Smart bed companies are adding innovations to make people's sleep more comfortable and their lives more convenient. Still, some people enjoy the simplicity of a traditional mattress. Those who aren’t as tech-savvy may prefer to stick to the basics. If you're interested, you can see our top-rated mattress picks.
- Want a year-long sleep trial – This brand offers a generous 100-night sleep trial. However, some other brands offer a full 365 days, which is considerably longer. We think 100 nights is plenty of time to decide if you like a product, but some may want more.
Sleep Number 360 p6 on Our Best Lists
Construction: What’s Inside Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed?
A team can hand deliver and install the 360 p6 to your home and remove your old mattress if you choose an additional $199 fee. The mattress comes in several boxes that can be stored and set up by the customer at a later date if they are not immediately ready for installation.
The cover is of European style and is constructed with a blend of polyester, polypropylene, and elastane fibers. This plush, textured material covers 11 inches of bedding beneath, with 5 inches of a zoned foam comfort layer on top of a 6-inch air chamber.
- The first layer is 2 inches of responsive Coolgenex ™ foam, infused with gel to help with cooling. This layer fosters pressure relief and surface comfort.
- The second layer is 3 inches of Ergonomex™. This supportive foam helps to keep the body aligned and separates the foams from the air chamber beneath.
- The base layer is the 6-inch air chamber. These air bladders are designed to adjust with you as you reposition throughout the night, helping you find targeted comfort and support. In addition, this WiFi-enabled pump connects to your smartphone or tablet through a series of biometric sensors that track sleep and health patterns.
- Edge support foams line the perimeter of the mattress to foster strong sides and minimize edge compression.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
What is fantastic about this bed is the firmness is fully adjustable. Embedded sensors in the air chamber allow this product to detect the weight of your body as you rest, and it automatically adjusts the firmness dependent on your liking and sleeping position.
This bed can do it all with its air chambers, whether you prefer firmer support or soft pressure relief, letting you find just the right type of comfort.
Firmness Scale: 4/10 (Plush Soft) 6.5/10 (Luxury Firm) 8(Firm)
When lying on the floor, you can quickly discover where your pressure points will be. Anywhere excess weight is pooled can create pressure, especially when you’re sleeping on your side and all of your weight is settled on a more narrow surface area.
Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed’s approach to pressure relief lies primarily in the three inches of Ergonomex foam and the air chambers. The plush foam is supportive yet relieves pressure and serves as a transition layer above the six-inch air chamber.
In addition, this bed can be made to be firmer or softer depending on your preference, making this bed particularly appealing to a wide variety of individuals. Finally, you’ll notice our firmness rating spans multiple numbers, meaning this innovative, smart mattress can be adjusted and customized, letting you comfortably dream the night away with ease.
Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed excels in the support department with separate support systems made from innovative foams and air chambers. The first layer contours to your shape for a more tailored spine alignment experience. The bottom air chambers are fully adjustable and can provide you more support or pressure relief, as desired.
The design was engineered to promote durability and long-term use, helping to ensure that the support remains constant over time. This support system can accommodate a wide variety of sleepers, even significantly heavier sleepers (up to 400 pounds) should feel comfortable on this model.
Multiple Firmness Options
By providing a bed with adjustable air chambers, the Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed hopes to help people find their perfect match tailored specifically to their pressure relief and support needs.
There’s no unboxing process or waiting period to air out Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed, and you can throw sheets on it and go to sleep as soon as you receive it. The optional $199 white glove delivery and old mattress removal is a handy, beneficial add-on.
The cooling capabilities in this bed lie primarily in the two inches of responsive Coolgenex ™ foam, infused with gel to help with temperature maintenance. This layer fosters pressure relief and surface comfort as well.
Exceptional Edge Support
A mattress with a strong perimeter maximizes your sleeping surface by allowing sleepers to rest on the side of the bed without feeling like they might tumble off; this can be important for folks who share a sleeping space, as one partner may inadvertently get pushed to the side.
This product has reinforced foam support edges that should allow most folks to sleep along the sides of the bed. While sitting along the perimeter, there may be some slight compression. Overall, this bed maximizes its space and should keep sleepers well supported, even if they are sleeping on the edge.
This product’s top foams help prevent motion from transferring across the surface of the mattress by containing movement to the side of the bed where it originated. If you share a bed, you should sleep securely, knowing that your active sleeping partner should not bother you when they get up at 2 AM to take the dog out.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Handcrafted in the USA
This CertiPUR-US certification indicates that the foams in this mattress have been evaluated by third parties for the presence of unsafe levels of certain chemicals associated with VOC emissions and cleared inspection.
Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the United States when you purchase a mattress and a base together.
- White-Glove Delivery - Professional installation is available for an additional $199 fee.
- Trial - You can keep this product for 100 nights to make sure it’s your dream mattress, and if it isn’t, the company will refund your money.
- Warranty - There is a limited warranty on this brand good for 15 years.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11”||$2,599|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$3,099|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$3,699|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$3,699|
|Split King||72” x 84” x 11”||$4,099|
|Split Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$4,099|
Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed is a luxury mattress with incredible customization capabilities to suit various needs.
Side sleepers should enjoy the soft construction of this mattress. Most side sleepers will feel the top foam layer conform to their curves and relieve the pressure of their weight that concentrates on hips and shoulders, and the adjustable air chambers help to further ease that pressure.
Back sleepers should feel like they are getting great support from this bed. It automatically adjusts, allowing the foams to contour to the gap between the shoulders and hips. The air chamber beneath provides essential support and facilitates spinal alignment.
Stomach Sleepers can adjust their firmness settings, so their hips are equally elevated with their shoulders. This function should allow them to sleep comfortably and promote better spinal alignment. Sleepers can adjust the firmness of their side of the mattress, tailoring their mattress exactly to their needs and allowing their partner to do the same for themselves.
Repositioning, a concern for combo sleepers, should be simple on this mattress because of the amount of bounce coming from both air chambers and the responsiveness of the foam. This mattress has a slight bounce provided by the features within. The various components should work great for combination sleepers who switch up their sleeping positions during the night.
Couples looking for versatility should enjoy this mattress. A mattress with a strong perimeter maximizes your sleeping surface by allowing sleepers to rest on the side of the bed without feeling like they might tumble off. This can be important for folks who share a sleeping space, as one partner may inadvertently get pushed to the side.
Significantly heavier folks can sometimes struggle to find a mattress that can accommodate their weight without feeling like they’re sleeping on rock-hard cement. The diversity of the support systems, including the foams and air chambers, should accommodate sleepers up to 400 pounds.
Lighter than average sleepers may feel that most of these models (the HD, Luxury Firm, and Firm) are much too hard to accommodate them, especially if they are side-sleepers. Their weight might not be enough to activate the layers of traditional mattresses, but this adjustable design should suit them well.
Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed packs a lot of value into their beds, and their customization promises a return on your investment if you take advantage of the perks. The ability to create a bed perfect for your needs is a special product that we think is worthy of the price.