Update: Dreamfoam has rebranded iPedic Sojourn 12″ Gel Memory Foam to a new name: Copper Dreams.
We believe that a mattress does not have to be incredibly expensive to get the job done and do it well. If you've been searching for an affordable, high-quality mattress, we might your ideal bed.
An amazing budget-friendly option is Dreamfoam's Copper Dreams bed, which should provide a good night's sleep at a fraction of the cost. This bed is manufactured by Dreamfoam, a brand by Brooklyn Bedding. They take pride in their ability to provide a wide range of affordable products that customers love.
This in-depth review of Copper Dreams by Dreamfoam will look at some of its best features, like cooling, comfort, and support.
Keep reading for our deep-dive into this product, or if you’re short on time, you can jump to the scoring and summary section here.
Who Do We Think Matches With Copper Dreams?
- Budget shoppers looking for quality – We believe this is a solid pick for a budget mattress because it provides an affordable alternative to high-end brands while maintaining the same benefits. The company’s family-owned factory allows for less expensive production, which they graciously pass along to their customers.
- Sleepers who enjoy a typical memory foam feel – The layers are designed to work together to hug the body and provide a deep level of comfort. Those who want a classic memory feel should find fulfillment with this brand.
- Folks who need motion isolation – Memory brands tend to perform the best in this area, and this one is no exception! Light sleepers who have trouble with innerspring mattresses should consider this option for a better night’s sleep.
Possible Copper Dreams Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a lot of bounce. Unlike innerspring mattresses that have a lot of bounce, this bed is made with foams and copper instead of coils. You won’t get the same bounce and responsiveness that springs provide, but you should never feel stuck.
Awards for Copper Dreams Mattress
Construction: What Is It Made From?
Formerly known as the iPedic Sojourn 12" gel memory foam, the Copper Dreams 12" or 13" bed was relaunched with a new name after Dreamfoam made some impressive changes to this bed. The updated version has four layers and stands 12" or 13" high. It comes in a firm and medium comfort option that should be a good fit for a wide range of sleepers.
- The cover features a premium smooth top weave to provide immediate cooling upon contact.
- The first layer features 1.5 inches (on 12" firm model) or 3 inches (on 13" medium model) of copper-graphite-infused memory foam, which is an advanced cooling technology built for superior conductivity. This layer is designed to draw excess heat away from the body, keeping you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- The second layer features an additional 2.5 inches (on 12" firm model) or 2 inches (on 13" medium model) of memory foam for cradling comfort and pressure relief.
- The third layer is a 2-inch transitional foam layer for an effective transition between the top and base levels.
- The foruth layer consists of a 6-inch high-density foundation for durability and support.
The company recommends using Copper Dreams on a solid base for support. This includes a platform, wood foundation, or slatted bed with 3-4 inches between each slat. Dreamfoam also offers metal foundations that are designed to work well with their products.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
This is a memory foam bed that is compressed, roll-packed in a box, and delivered to your door. After unpacking, there should be minimal off-gassing, meaning that the model probably will not have much of an odor after expanding.
This model has an updated look from its previous version. The two-toned cover is made from a smooth top weave that looks durable and is soft to the touch.
When pushing into the mattress and releasing, there is contouring and slow responsiveness. It has minimal bounce when compared to hybrid and innerspring mattresses. Laying on the bed, you should feel the plush memory layers conforming to your natural curves and cradling you in a deep hug.
Firmness Scale: 5-6/10
If you’ve ever been camping and slept on the ground, you likely figured out where your pressure points are within the first few minutes. Side sleepers may be especially aware of the pressure that can build when the shoulders and hips absorb the bulk of body weight throughout the night.
Regardless of sleeping position, excess pressure can interrupt sleep and lead to daytime pain. One of the key benefits of memory foam is its ability to contour to your body shape, relieving pressure on joints.
Just as pressure relief is important for your joints, adequate support is necessary to keep your spine in optimal alignment. While memory foam isn’t always known for being supportive, Copper Dreams was built with a durable core and firmer transition layers.
After sinking through the plush layers, you should feel the deeper layers supporting your lumbar region. While this medium-firm bed offers a universal feel for a variety of sleepers, those looking for additional support may want to consider one of Dreamfoam’s many other beds.
One of the ways that this brand is able to keep costs low is by shipping their products rolled and compressed in a box. Once you unpackage your new bed, it should regain shape and be ready to use within 72 hours.
The addition of copper and graphite infused into the top layer gives this bed advanced cooling properties. While most memory foam is known for retaining heat, the infusion of copper was designed to allow trapped heat to escape.
Great Motion Isolation
Memory beds are often viewed as the best in the industry when it comes to motion isolation, which includes this model. Light sleepers should not be disturbed by typical nighttime interruptions, including a partner getting in or out of bed or repositioning as well as pets milling about.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Dreamfoam recommends using a non-flexible box spring, one of their metal foundations, an adjustable bed frame, or a platform bed frame with slats that are non-flexible and no more than 4 inches apart.
Handcrafted in the USA
All of this brand’s products are custom made in the United States by master craftsmen.
All of the foams meet certification standards for levels of mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and other harmful chemicals. The manufacturers avoid ozone depleters to meet certification levels.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping -Free shipping is available within the United States.
- Trial - This mattress comes with a 120-night risk-free trial.
- Warranty - Dreamfoam offers a 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||$549|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$649|
|Full||53” x 75” x 12”||$749|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$899|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$1,049|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$1,049|
|Split Cali King||36” x 84” x 12”||$649|
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$649|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$749|
|Full||53” x 75” x 13”||$849|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$999|
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$1,249|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$1,249|
|Split Cali King||36” x 84” x 13”||$749|
Copper Dreams from Dreamfoam mixes quality and value to make it a wonderful pick when considering a budget mattress!
Being extremely plush makes this bed well suited for side sleeping. Side sleepers should feel the immediate benefits of the memory layers, which are designed to relieve concentrated pressure points at the shoulders and hips.
Back sleepers will likely find that the medium level of firmness provides a balance of comfort and support. While the memory layers gently cradle the spine, the durable core should provide enough support to keep the spine in neutral alignment.
Sleepers who spend the majority of the night on their stomachs do best with a firmer bed that prevents their midsection from dipping, causing the spine to arch. While this plush bed performs well in relieving pressure, exclusive stomach sleepers may want to consider one of Dreamfoam’s firmer options.
Sleepers who spend a good amount of time on their side may find the soft and comforting memory layers cradling the body in a deep hug. However, sleepers who frequently change positions throughout the night may find it takes a little longer for the foams to respond.
If movement from an active sleeping partner keeps you up at night, memory foam may be the one solution. This material is known for minimizing motion from a partner or pet that could disrupt sleep. Thankfully, Copper Dreams plush layers are designed for enhanced motion isolation, which is good news for couples.
Heavier sleepers may experience deeper contouring, which is something to consider when thinking about temperature regulation. This is because the further down you sleep in a bed, the harder it may be to stay cool. With this in mind, the cooling gel was put in the top comfort layer.
However, Brooklyn Bedding recommends individuals over 300 pounds consider their Titan mattress instead.
Lighter individuals often experience most beds as too firm, so this plush comfort option may be just right. Light side sleepers should be especially comforted by the memory layers that are soft enough to cradle their slender frames.
Overall, we think the Copper Dreams mattress is a solid budget option on the market if you are looking for good quality and a true medium memory foam feel that can easily compare to more expensive models. Buyers can expect big savings compared to similar in-store brands. The balance of pressure relief and support as well as cooling materials has us giving Dreamfoam Bedding high marks!