Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
For over 30 years, Brentwood Home has focused on constructing bedding products from an assortment of natural materials. The brand handcrafts their mattresses in Los Angeles and ships their comfortable sleep products throughout the United States.
The Cypress Bamboo Gel Mattress is the brands best selling all-foam model and has helped many customers find a comfortable night’s sleep. It has two firmness options and has been praised as an extremely cool memory foam mattress at an exceptionally competitive price.
Our in-depth Brentwood Home Cypress Bamboo Gel Mattress overview goes off of our scoring system and looks at characteristics that sleepers typically look for.
Read on to learn more about comfort, cooling, support, and more. Or feel free to jump to the end for a recap with our scoring and summary.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Want a more luxury feel on a budget – This bed uses premium materials and undercuts many of their competitor's sales prices. Sleepers can save some money and gain years worth of shuteye for a fraction of the cost.
- Are eco-friendly – This bed uses a series of natural and certified products that help protect the environment. The foams and fabrics in this bed have several certifications including GREENGUARD Gold, OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, and CertiPUR-US®.
- Sleep hot – This product uses a number of cooling features to help customers stay asleep on a temperature regulated surface. The cover is constructed with bamboo and wool to help wick away heat, while the interior of the bed uses a number of cooling gels and foams to mitigate surface heat and advance breathability.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Prefer a classic innerspring feel – There’s little bounce happening in this bed. So if you’re looking for something with some bounce and coils in the construction, Brentwood Home offers several other products that could hit your preferences.
Also you can see our highest rated bed list here – in case you want to look at some other models.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The brand ships this bed compressed in a box to the customers home. It works on several different foundation types, including an adjustable base. If using a slatted platform, be sure that the slats are no more than 3-inches apart.
The mattress is fitted with a convenient, zip-off cover that is made from bamboo wood cellulose into a product known as viscose rayon fabric. This construction makes it luxurious, soft, and durable, all while helping reduce heat along the surface. For further surface temperature control, the brand uses JOMA® Natural New Zealand Wool in the lining to help wick away moisture and prevent odors.
Beneath this premium cover are 3 layers of foam, with varying heights of 11 or 13 inches of mattress, depending on which firmness the customer orders. Including the total mattress height as well as the layers listed below, the taller measurements correspond to the Medium feel while the shorter ones relate to the Medium-Firm.
- The first layer uses either a 2.5 or 3.5-inch gel memory foam. This material helps relieve pressure by distributing the sleeper’s weight evenly across the surface of the bed.
- The second layer is a 2-inch Airlux foam. This was made to increase airflow inside the mattress and keep the sleeper resting coolly on top.
- The last layer is furnished with a 6.5 or 7.5-inch foundation that functions as the support center for the Brentwood Home Cypress. This should absorb weights and help to lighten motion transfer.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate mattress firmness on a scale that measures between 1 and 10, with a 10 being as hard as sleeping on the pavement. The Medium model of this bed scores at a 5.5 while the Medium Firm models has a rating of 7.5. These firmnesses should work out well for most sleeper’s body types and preferences.
The Medium option should leave sleepers resting in more of a deep hugging memory foam feel, while the Medium-Firm should foster a gentle cradling sensation. The Medium provides additional cushioning, so it takes longer for sleepers to find the supportive Airlux foam, while the Medium-Firm should allow sleepers to quickly find that supportive middle.
Both models sport minimal to no bounce but you should never feel stuck as the Airlux foam is there to provide backing to help sleepers move around. Though it is worth mentioning that combination sleepers may have an easier time at this on the Medium-Firm feel.
Back sleepers should experience the comfort layer conforming to the curve in the small of their back as they rest on the surface. They should also feel that they find support beneath this layer and that their weight is evenly distributed.
Side sleepers, the company recommends the Medium option if you are an exclusive side sleeper. This is likely because these folks often need additional pressure relief in their hips and shoulders and the softer option provides that a bit better than the Firm.
Stomach sleepers, on the flip side, might prefer the Medium-Firm if they are an exclusive to this position. This is because these individuals often experience their hips sinking in too deep on a soft bed. The Medium-Firm model should keep the hips elevated and aligned with the shoulders for a more comfortable sleep.
These mattresses are built to work for the majority of sleepers. All Brentwood Home mattresses have a total weight restriction of 650 pounds, so if you and your sleeping partner’s combined weight exceed this amount you may want to consider a different option.
Motion isolation could be the key to a great night’s sleep if you are sharing your bed with a sleeping partner. Movements have a way of making their way across the surface of a sleep product, that is why it can be important to find a bed that traps that motion so you or your partner do not wake up.
As the Cypress Bamboo Gel Mattress is an all-foam option, motion should not transfer from one side to the other. The foams help anchor motion to one side of this model so the sleeper on the other side can continue resting peacefully.
Online beds are known to lack in edge support because they have been constructed to compress tightly into a box. The Cypress Bamboo Gel by Brentwood Home falls under this category.
This product falls within industry standard and should adequately support sleepers as they rest along the perimeter, but sleepers should notice just a bit of compression as they sit along the edge.
- Multiple Firmness Options – Customers can order this product in either a Medium or Medium-Firm option.
- 1-Year Trial Period – Customers can enjoy up to 365 nights to enjoy this product before making their final decision. If left dissatisfied, they can send it back for free or donate their product to a verified charity and receive a full refund.
- Warranty – A 25-year warranty is provided when customers purchase this product
- Shipping – This brand ships for free within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Optional White Glove Delivery – This is an in-home delivery service that offers product delivery and removal of your old mattress. This service is free with the purchase of a King or California King sized product.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This third-party certification qualifies this product as safe to use, as it was tested for harmful levels of potentially dangerous chemicals during the construction phase.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified – This product has been tested in environmental chambers to uphold strict third-party emissions guidelines for pollutants and extended chemical exposure, such as formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds, and phthalates
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – This deems the wool that was used to make this product was tested for harmful chemicals and qualified as safe for human use.
- Donation to the National Forest Foundation – For every mattress the brand sells, they will make a donation to help plant new three new trees.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||75" x 39" x 11” or 13"||$310.00|
|Twin XL||80" x 39" x 11” or 13"||$325.00|
|Full||75" x 54" x 11” or 13"||$430.00|
|Queen||80" x 60" x 11” or 13"||$500.00|
|King||80" x 76" x 11” or 13"||$630.00|
|Cali King||84" x 72" x 11” or 13"||$630.00|
The Brentwood Home Cypress Bamboo Gel Mattress is a quality sleep product that fosters pressure relief and supreme comfort fit for nearly any budget.
The Brentwood Home Cypress Bamboo Gel should be a great sleeping arrangement for people on a budget. The brand is committed to providing customers with a luxurious sleeping experience while keeping their carbon footprint small.
If you are looking for a company with these values, Brentwood Home is certainly a great option. The Cypress Bamboo mattress delivers what the majority of customers are looking for: comfort, support, and a good overall value.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.