Brentwood Home Cypress Affordable Memory Foam Mattress is this brand’s budget option. With a price point significantly lower than many competitors, the Cypress aims to provide considerable value for the cost. Their beds are made with up to 20% plant-based BioFoam and have the Climate Neutral stamp of approval, making this a top green choice for the environmentally conscious.
This bed provides more lift than many other memory foam options, letting sleepers rest a bit more “on top” of the best rather than sinking in like most traditional memory foam products. Memory foam is known for retaining heat, but this mattress looks to squash those concerns with its charcoal-infused foam, designed to draw heat away from sleepers, keeping you cool and comfortable.
Excellent Matches For The Cypress Affordable Memory Foam Mattress
- Lightweight Sleepers – This softer mattress should comfortably accommodate light sleepers due to its plush design. Whether you’re a back sleeper, stomach sleeper, or side sleeper, you should dream easily on the Cypress.
- Affordable Quality Shoppers – This brand aims to prove that quality doesn’t have to come at a high cost. Brentwood Home’s Cypress bed is designed to impress an array of users with charcoal infusion for ultimate heat comfort and durable construction without breaking the bank.
- Safety and Environmental Warriors -The Cypress boasts multiple certifications to ensure the safety of its users, flaunting CertiPUR-US, OEKO-TEX Standard 100, GREENGUARD, and Climate Neutral certifications.
Possible Cypress Considerations:
- No Deep “Memory Foam” Hug – If the main reason you’re shopping for a memory foam mattress is that you enjoy the deep cradle sensation often provided by these mattresses, you won’t find it in the Cypress. While the mattress has a lot to offer regarding features with its support, temperature maintenance, pressure relief, and comfort, this bed provides a more “on top” feeling.
- Softer Design – Due to the gentle nature of this mattress, the bed likely won’t provide enough lift or support for bodies over 230 pounds, particularly those who sleep on their stomachs.
Construction: What’s Inside the Cypress?
The Brentwood Home Cypress bed consists of memory foam assembled in various layers and densities to create a quality mattress at an attractive price point.
The various models within the Cypress line consist of at least three layers, with the Luxe versions having four. The Hybrid models swap out the polyfoam support core with Legget & Platt pocked coils for additional pressure relief.
The Cypress has a few options to choose from, broken down below:
- 11-inch Classic: 1 inch of charcoal-infused memory foam for temperature management and BioFoam plus 2 inches of plush transition polyfoam for gentle cradling and 8-inch polyfoam.
- 11-inch Classic Hybrid: 1 inch of charcoal-infused memory foam with BioFoam, plus 1 inch of plush transition foam, 8-inches of Leggett & Platt pocketed coils for support and pressure relief, on top of 1 inch of polyfoam.
- 13-inch Luxe: 2 inches charcoal-infused memory foam with BioFoam for cooling and comfort, 3 inches of transition foam, plus 8 inches polyfoam for maximum support and pressure relief.
- 13-inch Luxe Hybrid: 2 inches charcoal-infused memory foam paired with BioFoam, 2 inches foam, and 8 inches of pocketed Legget & Platt coils on top of 1 more inch of foam helps to provide ultimate comfort.
Each of these models has something unique and special to offer. The line provides sleepers with various choices to aid in pressure relief, back support, lift, and comfort, designed to suit specific needs.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The Cypress line is relatively soft overall without the classic “sinking in” feeling of many memory foam beds. The Cypress Classic should accommodate most sleepers and offers a medium firmness. In contrast, the Cypress Luxe is a bit softer, so if you’re a side sleeper who needs a touch more plush comfort and pressure relief around the shoulder and hips, the Luxe is a great option. Heavier individuals might be better off choosing a hybrid model with innersprings to accommodate weightier frames.
Firmness Scale: 4/10 (Plush Soft), 6.5/10 (Luxury Firm), 8(Firm)
When lying on the floor, you can quickly discover where your pressure points will be. Anywhere excess weight is pooled can create pressure, especially when you’re sleeping on your side and all of your weight is settled on a more narrow surface area.
The Cypress’s approach to pressure relief lies primarily in the layers of memory foam and individually wrapped coils that should contour to your shape for a plush, gentle cradle. The memory foam should relieve shoulder pressure, but those who need a bit more support should find comfort in the hybrid models.
Those who are heavier than 230 pounds or sleep on their stomachs will likely appreciate the more firm classic model, as this bed should offer a better surface for spinal alignment without compromising plush comfort.
In contrast, lighter weight folks should enjoy the Luxe model, which offers a bit more cushion to cater to tender hips and shoulders.
The memory foam in the upper layers of the Brentwood Home Cypress quickly gives way to the more firm layers below, which provide a gentle push back, allowing for ease of movement compared to other memory foam products.
Combination sleepers typically prefer bouncier beds which provide a more firm surface on which to adjust in the middle of the night. They will likely enjoy the hybrid model, which has minor contouring and a more buoyant surface.
The edge support in these models compresses a bit when sitting on the edge but should provide enough support for couples to use the entire surface of the bed.
Multiple Construction Options
By providing All-Foam, Hybrid, Classic, and Luxe options, the Brentwood Home Cypress hopes to help people find their ideal match to cater specifically to their pressure relief and support needs.
Charcoal-infused memory foam draws heat away from sleepers helping dissipate warmth. For ultimate airflow, you can opt for a hybrid with pocketed innerspring coils, as these mattresses are typically amongst the coolest on the market for this reason.
People who change positions a lot or struggle with mobility often prefer beds with a bit of “push back” or bounce that assists movement. Sexually active couples also benefit from this feature.
If you’re hoping to go a bit green and clean with your mattress choice, this brand offers multiple certifications for your peace of mind. The Brentwood Home Cypress boasts CertiPUR-US, OEKO-TEX Standard 100, GREENGUARD, and Climate Neutral certifications.
Adjustable Base Compatible
You can pair your Cypress bed with an adjustable frame for maximum comfort. Brentwood Home’s adjustable bed frame comes with a wireless remote with presets for reading, anti-snoring, and zero gravity.
Handcrafted in the USA
- Eco-Friendly Certifications
- OEKO-TEX® - This product was certified by OEKO-TEX®, which evaluates textiles at all processing levels for acceptable levels of hazardous chemicals and flame retardants.
- GREENGUARD - The bed boasts a GREENGUARD certification that reflects the product’s ability to meet some of the world’s most rigorous emissions standards.
- Climate Neutral - Further, the mattress offers a Climate Neutral seal to offset emissions produced during production.
- CertiPUR-US Materials - The Brentwood Home Cypress bed is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning the beds are free from ozone depleters, flame retardants, mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates and contain low volatile organic compounds.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free. The mattress will typically arrive within 7 to 10 business days from the order date, wrapped up tightly in a box. Upon unboxing, customers should follow Brentwood Home’s instructions and allow the mattress a day or two to expand to its full size. Delivery times may vary depending on your distance from their Los Angeles Factory.
- White-Glove Delivery & Setup - Professional installation is available from a third-party provider for $199, saving you the heavy lifting. If and where allowed, they will even remove your old mattress for $76 ($275 total). White-Glove delivery should take about 2 to 3 weeks from the time of order.
- Trial - You can keep this product for an entire year to make sure the Cypress is your dream bed. Brentwood Home simply requires you to keep the bed for at least 30 days to allow your body enough time to adjust to the mattress.
- Warranty - The brand provides a 25-year limited warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount) - All-foam - 11"/13"||Price (w/o discount) - Hybrid - 11"/13"|
|Twin||75" x 39" x 11”/13"||$399/$499||$499/$699|
|Twin XL||80" x 39" x 11”/13"||$449 / $549||$549 / $749|
|Full||75" x 54" x 11”/13"||$499 / $699||$699 / $899|
|Queen||80" x 60" x 11”/13"||$599 / $799||$799 / $999|
|King||80" x 76" x 11”/13"||$799 / $999||$999 / $1,199|
|Cali King||84" x 72" x 11”/13"||$799 / $999||$999 / $1,199|
Brentwood Home Cypress is a decent mattress at an affordable price, and we think the luxe, hybrid, and classic options will help nearly all sleepers find a suitable fit.
Side sleepers should find adequate support from the plush design of the Brentwood Home Cypress due to its softer construction. However, those who need significant pressure relief will likely appreciate the Luxe model more, as it has a bit more give to cradle curves. Further, the Hybrid should be an excellent fit for side sleepers as well.
We find the Cypress Classic an adequate bed to provide support and pressure relief for most back sleepers. Back sleepers should find that their spines will stay in a healthy alignment snoozing on this budget mattress. However, we recommend the Luxe and Hybrid models over the Classic for optimal pressure relief and comfort.
Stomach sleepers must watch out for spine alignment because the hips (which typically carry our extra weight) tend to dip in this position, which can mess with proper sleep posture. We recommend the Hybrid model over the Classic, which provides more support through the hip region. The pocketed coils should give an additional lift to maintain spinal alignment.
Combination sleepers often prefer more bounce and lift to provide more ease of movement in the middle of the night. Despite the Classic’s robust comfort layers and support, we recommend the Hybrid over the Classic to offer more bounce and minor contouring.
Couples often struggle when looking to spread and sprawl out, searching for their personal space. Therefore, edge support is essential to these folks to maximize the surface area available. The Classic model has decent edge support, but we would recommend the Hybrid model over the Classic for couples looking to optimize their space.
Significantly heavier folks can sometimes struggle to find a mattress that can accommodate their weight without feeling like they’re sleeping on rocks. Larger bodies may not enjoy the Classic model but we think the Luxe Hybrid should provide enough support to offer a comfortable night’s sleep.
Lighter than average sleepers should love this plush mattress. Smaller customers often enjoy a plushier bed, and this mattress has lots of soft cushioning. Firmer beds are often too hard for delicate bodies, especially these individuals’ hips and shoulders, but the Brentwood Home Cypress and Luxe models should be a great fit.
Brentwood Home Cypress packs a lot of value into their beds. For the price, these mattresses have a lot to offer. However, we’d go with the Luxe and Hybrid models to find more pressure relief and support when looking for the complete package.