With so many online mattress companies each promising everything from motion isolation to temperature regulation, customers often wonder if they can really get all the qualities they want in a mattress without breaking their budget.
After twenty-plus years in the furniture industry, the founders of OkiOki set out to answer that question, and spoiler alert: they say yes. OkiOki’s goal is to offer a range of mattresses that suit every body type and sleeping style at a much lower cost than their competitors.
Our In-Depth analysis of the OKiOki Mattress will reveal all of the perks, pros, and performance characteristics of this affordable bed by looking deeply into the structure, cooling technology, and spring formation to tell you if the OkiEasy is as much of a bargain as it seems.
Read through our review to learn all the nitty-gritty details, or just scroll down to the bottom to see the final score and our conclusions about the OkiOki OkiEasy mattress.
You will love OkiEasy if you:
- Tend to Sleep Hot – While hybrid and coil mattresses generally excel in temperature regulation, OkiEasy goes above and beyond. This hybrid mattress combines individually pocketed springs with IceYarn cooling technology to increase airflow through the mattress layers and help keep the surface cool.
- Share the bed – Memory foam and pocketed springs are the dream team when it comes to motion isolation. So whether your furry friend likes to join you intermittently or your partner just can’t lay still, this mattress should keep you sleeping soundly.
- Are on a Budget – These beds are considerably more affordable than similar alternatives, but they still deliver a lot of quality. With springs, foam, and proprietary cooling technology, OkiOki seems to deliver on their promises for a lower price.
You might not like OkiEasy if you:
- Prefer a Bouncier Bed – While the OkiEasy does contain springy inner coils, they are individually pocketed and surrounded by foam, meaning they isolate motion and cool efficiently, but they may not carry as much bounce as some other hybrids.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
OkiOki beds ship free to your door in a box, which is unusual for a hybrid mattress as coils aren’t always the easiest to compress. These mattresses are designed to work on a variety of bases and are even compatible with adjustable bases for a variety of sleeping positions, but the company recommends you use some type of foundation if you opt-out of a box spring.
The hypo-allergenic cover uses proprietary IceYarn technology to increase airflow through the fibers, which should help keep you keep cool on warmer nights. As a bonus, the cover is machine washable and zips off for easy cleaning.
The OkiEasy model is a hybrid made of four layers that create motion isolating support as well as pressure point relief and temperature regulation.
- The first layer is made up of 2 inches of memory foam that should contour to the pressure points of your body without causing too much sinkage.
- The second layer, called the “transition layer” by OkiOki consists of 2.5 inches of support foam between the springs and memory foam layers.
- The third layer consists of foam encased pocketed springs for base support and motion isolation. These coils independently react to pressure, increasing support, and contributing to the contouring power of the memory foam.
- The base layer is a 1-inch thick foam layer that acts as a barrier between the springs and the cover and provides support when the bed is used on a slatted frame.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We have scored the OkiEasy mattress as a 7 out of 10 on our firmness scale with 10 being the absolute firmest, placing it in the medium-firm category. While OkiOki has four firmness options and the OkiEasy is ranked as their second softest, it seems to offer more of a gentle cradle and plenty of support.
On their website, OkiOki says in some cases it can take a mattress up to a month for the fibers to loosen up to the preferred level of softness. Upon opening the mattresses, we rank the OkiSoft as a 6 out of 10, the OkiFlex as an 8 out of 10, and the OkiFirm as a 9 out of 10. The company does note that these beds tend to soften up over time.
This medium firmness level will likely suit a variety of body types as the individually pocketed coils and memory foam should offer individualized support. Those who tend to need better lumbar support but pressure point relief should be especially satisfied with this mattress.
We find the cover to be exceptionally cool to the touch, and though it will receive some heat transfer while sleeping on it, the material is designed to breathe and stay cool.
The first few layers of the mattress offer contoured support and sinkage into a gentle cradle. Though the bed is memory foam, there is some responsiveness, meaning repositioning shouldn’t be a hassle, if not as quick as latex or other materials.
Though it is not generally bouncy as the innersprings are encased in foam and individually pocketed, the support in this bed is impressive. The pocketed coils respond to pressure in only the necessary places, meaning the mattress shouldn’t get stiff in the spots where you need relief.
This bed should be suitable for back sleepers of a variety of body-types as the coils and memory foam offer the necessary support without being too stiff.
Many side sleepers should be comfortable on this mattress as the memory foam and pocketed coils offer targeted pressure relief and enough support to maintain proper spinal alignment by allowing the shoulders and hips to sink in while supporting the waist and legs. If you are exceptionally light, have defined curves, or are prone to shoulder pain, you may consider the OkiSoft option for a deeper cradle and more contouring.
For stomach sleepers, this bed should provide enough support to keep your spine in proper alignment, but if you are significantly heavier you may want to try one of the firmer options.
Firmness is largely a matter of preference when it comes to a mattress which is why OkiOki created four mattresses to ensure there is an affordable option for every sleeper.
While the OkiSoft may be ideal for lighter sleepers who prefer a plush feel, OkiOki doesn’t designate weight limits for their mattresses. Instead, they say their mattresses are made to fit all different body types, and that their quiz should help place sleepers who aren’t sure which option is best.
Like many hybrid mattresses, the OkiEasy excels in motion isolation, meaning if you are a light sleeper, your partner's movements shouldn’t cause the entire bed to shake or wake you. We would say the OkiEasy scores above average in this department, especially because there are only 2 inches of memory foam in the design.
This is another area where the OkiEasy scores above average. For beds that are made to roll up and ship in a box, edge support can be hard to engineer, but for this mattress, OkiOki pulled out all the stops. Whether you need to sit on the edge of the mattress to tie your shoe, or your partner just needs some space to spread out, the edges should not collapse and let you roll off the edge.
- Multiple Firmness Options – OkiOki offers four firmness options ranging from the all-foam OkiSoft and OkiFirm to the two hybrid choices in between.
- Trial Period – OkiOki offers a 365-night trial period within the continental U.S., meaning if at any time during your first year using this mattress you decide it is not right for you, you can send it back free for a full refund, no questions asked.
- Warranty – Each mattress comes with a ten-year warranty.
- Shipping – OkiOki ships and accepts returns free within the continental U.S.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams used to make OkiOki mattresses have been tested and approved according to third-party guidelines regulating the reduction of harmful chemicals such as lead and formaldehyde.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – OkiOki products are within the approved limits of harmful chemicals and are free of banned Azo colorants, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, and nickel.
- Adjustable Base Compatible – The OkiEasy is compatible with adjustable bases, making it a viable option for a variety of sleeping positions.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11”||$500|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 11”||$550|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||$650|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$750|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$950|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$950|
The mattress is an extremely affordable hybrid bed that excels in the realms of motion isolation and cooling technology. Its supportive coils and memory foam provide pressure point relief and make this bed a hybrid to be reckoned with.
This company’s prices are hard to beat and the high-quality materials used in this bed make it a steal. OkiOki does a stellar job at creating a hybrid with all the right elements at an extremely affordable price With a classic memory foam feel minus the overheating, the bed offers support, pressure relief, cooling technology, and better than average edge support compared to other bed in box hybrids.
While the OkiEasy is a great option for combination sleepers, three other firmness options mean there is probably something for every type of sleeper. The extremely long trial makes this choice a low-risk option and with so many impressive features, it makes sense that they are so confident about their product.