Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Do you need a comfortable memory foam option but you are shopping on a smaller budget?
Lexmod, a furniture company located in New Jersey, and its wholesale branch Modway specialize in selling their stock at affordable prices. Their Aveline mattress sports a comforting gel memory material that the company claims can help dissipate heat to keep sleepers cool as well as relieve aches and pains that traditional mattresses often cannot reach.
Our in-depth overview of the Modway Aveline 10” bed finds what makes this product unique while analyzing those aspects that every sleeper needs. This write up includes an overview of not only what makes this bed comfortable but also looks at features such as cooling, support, and motion transfer.
This Modway product comes in three different thicknesses: a 6 inch, an 8-inch, and a 10-inch. For the purposes of this review, we will look at the 10-inch model.
For more concrete details be sure to keep reading but if you’re in a rush, be sure to scroll down to our scoring and summary.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Need pressure relief – Memory foam gives that deep hugging sensation that should wipe away strain and leaves you peacefully resting. This pressure relieving quality could be especially good for side sleepers who need extra protection from pressure buildup.
- Are shopping on a budget – Bed’s can be costly and finding a quality option that works for a tighter spending limit can be difficult. Modway makes this process easier for you as a customer by streamlining their market approach.
- Want motion isolation – Memory materials are great for a variety of sleep preferences. Among the many is motion transfer. The foams in this product keep motion at bay by trapping it inside the material’s many memory cells.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Like a traditional innerspring feel – If you are looking for the bounce that coils provide, memory foam might not be your answer. But if the pricing of this product seems too good to pass up, rest assured knowing the brand offers several hybrid innerspring models as well.
If you think you'd like to browse more, you can take a look at our top list for 2019 here.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Lexmod ground ships the Modway Aveline to your home in a box. Inside it is compressed and rolled and once situated on the bed frame of your choice, including an adjustable base if desired, the bed should be ready to go in just a few short hours.
The cover is a diamond patterned breathable 4-way stretch knit fabric. This should feel soft and relatively cool to the touch.
This bed comes in three dimensions, each incorporating the same basic design. Two inches of memory foam atop a polyfoam base. Here is a closer look at the 10-inch model:
- The first layer is 3-inch gel-infused memory foam. This material optimizes cooling on the surface and should provide pressure relief for tired muscles and joints.
- The second layer is a 7-inch base made out of high-density poly foam. This is the foundation and should help foster better body alignment.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Aveline supports sleepers in deep hugging memory foam feel. We rated this mattress at a 6.5 on our firmness scale (learn more here). This rating system is used to score mattresses on a scale from 1 to 10, with a 1 being as soft as a cloud.
As sleepers lay down they should feel the foams conform to their anatomy, cradling their curves and washing away pressure. The layers beneath may respond slower and feel a bit firmer at first, but gradually ease up as sleepers lay there.
The plush memory foams in this product suppress bounce and increase motion isolation. Though Aveline should not support much buoyanacy, but the base layer does provide a firmer surface that can help sleepers push off and reposition as they feel necessary.
Many back sleepers may enjoy the contouring feel of foam in the small of their back. They should feel supported and their weight evenly distributed in a neutral position.
This mattress should really perform for the majority of side sleepers. Memory materials are a side sleeping favorite, as it eases pressure in their hips and shoulders. These two areas of the body compress a heavier amount of weight over a smaller surface area, leading to pressure build up in joints an muscles.
Most stomach sleepers can get a good night’s rest while sleeping on this bed. It’s medium feel should support the hips, keeping them level with the rest of their body.
The majority of customers looking for a relaxing sleep should do well sleeping on this bed. Sleepers looking for extra support and comfort may want to look at the 10-inch model, as those extra few inches of materials could make quite a difference.
For slightly heavier folks, the manufacturer recommends a weight limit of around 660 lbs for their beds or 330 per person. If you exceed this weight limit you may want to look into a mattress that can better support your needs.
If you share a bed motion transfer likely effects you whether you realize it or not. If you are a light sleeper and you are jostled awake each and every time your partner gets in and out of bed, it is likely you are sleeping on a bed with bad motion isolation.
As the Modway Aveline is a memory mattress, it does a top-notch job at trapping motion. If you co-sleep, you could soundlessly sleep through your partner doing jumping jacks at the foot of the mattress, much less them getting into the bed.
Bed-in-a-box brands are designed to compress, so they do not always support the strongest edges. Edge support may be something worth considering if you plan on sharing your sleeping space with a partner. This product performs well compared to similar beds.
When resting on the side, sleepers should feel adequately supported. When sitting along the perimeter, some folks may feel they sink through the comfort layer, but find support in the base layer.
- Multiple Thickness Options – This mattress comes in a 6”, an 8”, and 10” model.
- Trial Period – This Modway product holds a 100-night trial period that allows customers to return their purchase if it is not working out.
- Warranty – A 10-year warranty is supported for this mattress.
- Shipping – Free shipping is provided in the 48 continental United States
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams in this product are constructed without ozone depleters, formaldehyde, mercury, and other heavy metals.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||75” x 39 x 10”||$229.25|
|Full||75” x 54 x 10”||$287.75|
|Queen||80” x 60” x 10”||$334.00|
|King||80” x 76” x 10”||$448.25|
|Cali King||84” x 72” x 10”||$448.25|
The Modway Aveline 10” Mattress is a great choice for shoppers hoping to save a good chunk of money on a good quality memory foam mattress.
Lexmods products have been met with great reviews from all around the country. Their Modway Aveline Mattress demonstrates the brand's commitment to keeping up with the modern mattress industry by streamlining their process and shipping beds to your home for no additional cost.
This product does not disappoint go for. These foams wash away pressure and leave sleepers resting in a relaxing deep hug.
Maybe this product is not your speed? This same brand offers other quality beds for a similar price point, so be sure to check our reviews on other Lexmod products.
Author: Mark Reddick
When I’m not learning about sleep, you can find me hanging out with my wife and close friends.
I absolutely love entrepreneurship and learning how to improve yourself daily. We only get one life, and I want to make it the best one possible.
I hope that everyone that finds our site takes a new approach to sleep. The world needs to stop thinking about it as something “we just do,” but rather something that allows us “to do every day.”