Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
So many people spend years resting on outdated, worn-out mattresses because they do not think their wallet can accommodate something new and fresh. The Love & Sleep by Nest Bedding is an award-winning bed that shows you do not have to sacrifice comfort for your budget.
This GREENGUARD Gold certified all-foam mattress includes cooling technology as well as multiple comfort levels so you can find the perfect fit, and its manufacturer is a family-owned factory direct company from Southern California. They back their promises with a Lifetime Warranty and Comfort Guarantee.
Our in-depth review of the Nest Bedding Love & Sleep Mattress will walk you through our scoring system that looks at features like pressure relief, support, motion transfer and value to help you decide if this is the right product for you.
Continue on for more specifics or cut right to our overall summary and score.
You will love Love & Sleep if you:
- Are on a tighter budget – This company has packed a lot of value into their entry-level mattress, and few products on the market can offer this same versatility of comfort levels, cooling technology, strict environmental certifications, and a Lifetime Warranty for the price of this mattress.
- Want bounce – The supportive base layer and surface give this mattress a combined medium-level bounce, which provides an all-foam feel that won’t make you feel stuck.
- Need multiple firmness options – Very few entry-level mattresses offer tailored firmness levels to suit your individual needs. Though the Medium option of this bed performs well for multiple position preferences, exclusive stomach sleepers may sleep more comfortably on the firmer choice.
You might not like Love & Sleep if you:
- Want a memory feel – The Energex™ foam in the design provides excellent pressure relief and a quick response time that eases repositioning and helps you not feel trapped. That said, you won’t experience that classic slow sink into the bed like you would with traditional memory materials.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The all-foam Love & Sleep arrives at your door compressed in a box. As with most foam constructions, you’ll want to find a non-flexible frame with sturdy central support or slats that are no more than 4 inches apart. If you need a foundation, the company has a few for sale on their website, including an adjustable base.
A durable four-way stretch knit cotton cover is stretched over the mattress and incorporates phase change technology for temperature regulation, which allows it to absorb heat away from your body when you’re hot and release it again when you cool down. Combined with the materials inside, the height of the product is 11 inches.
- The first layer is a 3-inch of 2.8-pound Energex™ Cooling Comfort layer that was engineered to be more breathable and bouncy than memory materials but does not include any latex, yet its feel is a blend of both. This quick-responding foam eases repositioning, provides pressure relief, and has an infusion of cooling technology to wick away heat.
- The second layer is a 2-inch layer of SmartFlow Air Flow foam, which is a layer of exceptionally breathable material that has a convoluted structure, meaning it looks like egg crate, to promote airflow. This layer provides a transition between the comfort and base layers while providing additional pressure relief and promoting cooling.
- The third layer is 6 inches of high-density Edge Support Base Foam, that gives the mattress its shape, helps the individual to rest with their spine well-aligned.
Note that the above specifications are for the Medium Option. The Firm option will have 2 inches of Energex™, 8 inches of Edge Support Base, and does not include the 2-inch layer of Smart Flow.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
The Medium Love & Sleep scored at a 6 out of 10 on our firmness scale, with 10 being the firmest. Beds in this range are usually the most popular version because they work with most positions and preferences.
The cover feels soft and cool when you lay down on it and your body immediately sinks into the mattress for a comfortable cradle and good contouring, but you shouldn’t sink so deep that you feel trapped in the mattress.
This mattress employs a number of features to combat heat retention sometimes associated with foam. These include the phase change cover, convoluted SmartFlow layer, and heat wicking materials in the top layer. If you sleep hot, you shouldn’t have a problem overheating.
There is a medium bounce coming from the base layer and some surface bounce from the Energex™. Both the bounce and quick response time of all three layers help with repositioning. Combination sleepers, who like to adjust positions, can enjoy the versatility of the Medium and how easy it is to navigate.
Most back sleepers should rest comfortably on the Medium, especially if they enjoy some additional softness, as the comfort materials contour to their lower back while the base works at keeping their spine in straight alignment (you can learn more about their alignment here).
Side sleepers can appreciate the medium-depth cushioning that conforms to their curves and alleviates stress to their hips and shoulders while the supportive base layer aids in keeping their spine level (you can see more in this article).
Most stomach sleepers should rest comfortably without feeling their spine is arched, which can happen if their hips sink too low.
Though the Medium version will comfortably serve a diverse population of individuals, we’d suggest the Firm version for exclusive stomach sleepers and back sleepers who prefer a firmer mattress. Additionally, folks who are substantially heavier may want to upgrade to Nest Bedding’s Alexander Signature or Latex Hybrid.
Though there is some bounce with the Love & Sleep, it is mostly absorbed at the point of impact and doesn’t shake the whole bed so motion transfer is minimal, as is expected from all-foam constructions. If you share with a partner or a pet, you should not have to worry about being woken up by movement.
This mattress performs as expected for an all-foam bed-in-a-box, which typically do not excel in this category. If you lie down on the side, you should feel secure with your weight evenly distributed. Weight is more heavily concentrated in the seated position, and you should expect some compression in the comfort layers.
Edge support is really a matter of preference, but if you are a couple, you’ll want to think about how edge support may affect the amount of available space on the surface.
- Multiple Firmness Options – Depending on your preference, you can order this product in either a Medium or Firm.
- Trial Period – You can try it out for 100 nights, and if you don’t love it, you can initiate a return or exchange. You can either arrange to donate the mattress to charity, or the company will come and pick it up for free.
- Lifetime Comfort Guarantee – This company’s policy makes it free to exchange any Nest Bedding mattress within the first 100 days of ownership. After the trial period is over, you can still initiate exchanges for other sizes or firmness levels as long as you own the mattress.
- Warranty – This company offers an industry-leading lifetime warranty on this product.
- Shipping – Free shipping and returns are available within the US. International shipping and shipping to Alaska and Hawaii are also available for an additional fee.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – All the foams in this product were tested for harmful levels of certain chemicals, heavy metals, and ozone depleters.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified – This certification means that the product meets strict standards for levels of chemicals, especially formaldehyde.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11”||$399|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 11”||$429|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||$549|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$599|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$749|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$749|
Love & Sleep is a well-made bed at an extremely attractive price point that’s designed to keep you cool and comfortable for a lifetime.
The Love & Sleep has a lot of extra features for an entry-level option that typically have more streamlined designs, and it offers a fantastic value for someone shopping for a comfortable brand on a tight budget.
The cover is integrated with phase change technology that works with the convoluted SmartFlow layer to keep the surface temperature regulated, and the quick-responding Energex™ eases transitioning while contouring to the body for a comfortable cradle. Nest Bedding claims this is the only mattress with cooling technology certified by GREENGUARD Gold.
Nest’s Lifetime Warranty and Comfort Guarantee that will work with customers to exchange products if their needs or preferences change are really impressive. These features add a lot of value to an already terrific amount of features, available in a Queen for $599.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.