Tired of sleeping on a worn-out bed because you can’t afford something fresh and new? Love & Sleep by Nest Bedding is an award-winning mattress that claims comfort and quality don’t have to break the bank.
This GREENGUARD Gold certified all-foam bed includes cooling technology as well as multiple comfort levels so you can find the perfect fit. The brand claims it offers affordable luxury with just the right combo of bounce and support.
Our in-depth review of the Nest Bedding Love & Sleep Mattress will walk you through all the features that matter, including who we think matches with this brand.
Continue on for more specifics or cut right to our overall summary and score.
Who Do We Think Matches With Love & Sleep?
- Budget Shoppers – This company has packed a lot of value into their entry-level mattress, and few products on the market can offer this same versatility of comfort levels, cooling technology, strict environmental certifications, and a Lifetime Warranty for the price of this bed.
- Couples – With features like bounce, support, and breathability, this bed was built for loving and sleeping. After those hot and steamy encounters, couples should be able to bask in blissful, uninterrupted sleep thanks to the Energex™ foam layer that isolates movement.
- Folks Who Want Options – Very few entry-level mattresses offer tailored firmness levels to suit your individual needs. Though the Medium option of this bed performs well for multiple position preferences, exclusive stomach sleepers may sleep more comfortably on the firmer choice.
Possible Love & Sleep Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a memory foam feel – The Energex™ foam in the design provides excellent pressure relief and a quick response time that eases repositioning and helps you not feel trapped. That said, you won’t experience that classic slow sink into the bed like you would with traditional memory materials.
Construction: What’s inside Love & Sleep?
Love & Sleep is available in two firmness levels: Medium and Firm. For the purposes of this review, we will focus on the Medium.
On both models, a durable four-way stretch knit cotton cover is stretched over the mattress and incorporates phase-change technology for temperature regulation, allowing it to absorb heat away from your body when you’re hot and release it again when you cool down.
Combined with the materials inside, it stands 10 inches high.
- The first layer is a 3-inch, 2.8-pound Energex™ Cooling Comfort layer that was engineered to be more breathable and bouncy than memory materials but without any latex. This quick-responding foam eases repositioning, provides pressure relief, and has an infusion of cooling technology to wick away heat.
- The second layer is a 1-inch layer of SmartFlow Air Flow foam, which is a layer of exceptionally breathable material that has a convoluted structure—meaning it looks like an egg crate—to promote airflow. This layer provides a transition between the comfort and base layers while providing additional pressure relief and promoting cooling.
- The third layer is 6 inches of high-density Edge Support Base Foam that gives the mattress its shape and helps the individual to rest with their spine well-aligned.
*Note that the above specifications are for the Medium Option. The Firm option will have 2 inches of Energex™, 8 inches of Edge Support Base, and does not include the 2-inch layer of Smart Flow.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The all-foam L&S arrives at your door compressed in a box. As with most foam constructions, you’ll want to find a non-flexible frame with sturdy central support or slats that are no more than four inches apart. If you need a foundation, the company has a few for sale on their website, including an adjustable base.
The cover feels soft and cool when you lay down on it, and your body immediately sinks into the mattress for a comfortable cradle and good contouring, but you shouldn’t sink so deep that you feel trapped in the mattress.
Firmness Scale: 6/10
If you’ve been sleeping on an outdated, worn-down bed, you’re probably already familiar with pressure points. These are the areas that start to ache under the full weight of your body. Depending on what position you sleep in, your pressure points may be your shoulders, hips, or lower back.
With three comforting foam layers, Love & Sleep was designed to alleviate pressure and provide optimal relief. The materials should feel like a blend between latex and memory foam so you can experience a gentle cradle without feeling stuck. This is especially helpful if you change positions throughout the night.
Good support is equally important because it promotes optimal alignment of the spine. While you need some sinkage to provide pressure relief, you also need a supportive base so your back doesn’t bend and bow. Support is also important for preventing neck and back pain.
L&S has a high-density, 6-inch supportive base foam that should help to support the lumbar spine. With ample bounce, you should have plenty of spring for late night activities or rolling over from side to side.
Multiple Firmness Options
L&S comes in both Medium and Firm, giving shoppers the option to choose the firmness level that’s specifically tailored to their pressure relief and support needs.
Optional White-Glove Delivery
For an added fee, you can have in-home delivery of your new mattress, professional set-up, and removal of all packaging.
Nest Bedding offers contactless delivery, straight to your door. Your new bed arrives rolled and compressed in a box, and you can watch it take shape before your eyes. Set-up should be easy and everything should be ready to use within a few hours.
If you’re tired of tossing and turning thanks to overheating, Love & Sleep has features to keep you cool at night. These include the phase-change cover, convoluted SmartFlow layer, and heat-wicking materials in the top layer.
Great Motion Isolation
Though there is some bounce with L&S, it is mostly absorbed at the point of impact and doesn’t shake the whole bed so motion transfer is minimal, as is expected from all-foam constructions. If you sleep light and you share with a partner or a pet, you should not have to worry about being woken up by movement.
There is a medium bounce coming from the base layer and some surface bounce from the Energex™. Both the bounce and quick response time of all three layers help with repositioning. Combination sleepers, who like to adjust positions, can enjoy the versatility of the Medium and how easy it is to navigate.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Made in the USA
All the foams in this product were tested for harmful levels of certain chemicals, heavy metals, and ozone depleters.
GREENGUARD Gold Certified
This certification means that the product meets strict standards for levels of chemicals, especially formaldehyde.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping and returns are available within the US. International shipping and shipping to Alaska and Hawaii are also available for an additional fee.
- Trial - You can try it out for 100 nights, and if you don’t love it, you can initiate a return or exchange. You can either arrange to donate the mattress to charity, or the company will come and pick it up for free.
- Warranty - This company offers an industry-leading lifetime warranty on this product.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||$499|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||$549|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$649|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$699|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$849|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$849|
Love & Sleep is a well-made bed at an extremely attractive price point that’s designed to keep you cool and comfortable for a lifetime.
Side sleepers can appreciate the medium-depth cushioning that conforms to their curves and alleviates stress from their hips and shoulders while the supportive base layer aids in keeping their spine level (you can see more about side sleeping in this article).
Stomach sleepers who are lighter in weight should rest comfortably without feeling their spine is arched, which can happen if their hips sink too low. Average and heavier individuals may find that the Medium feels too soft in this position and would be better suited by the Firm.
Sleepers who end up in many crazy positions throughout the night should feel right at home in this bed, thanks to the ample bounce that helps with repositioning. The Medium should offer a good balance of pressure relief and support while you move around in your sleep.
Most couples should be very pleased by the features that this mattress has to offer. Cooling features, motion isolation, and bounce should tick all your collective boxes along with a nice balance of pressure relief and support.
Unfortunately, the Medium is likely to feel too soft and unsupportive for people with heavier weight considerations. While the Firm may feel a little more supportive, this all-foam lacks the durability and added support that heavier sleepers need. In this case, shoppers may want to consider options designed specifically for bigger folks.
Individuals who weigh less than 120 pounds tend to feel most beds are too firm, so the Medium should be a good fit. Lighter stomach and back sleepers will likely enjoy the gentle cradle with this option, while stomach sleepers may want to consider one of Nest Bedding’s softer options.
The Love & Sleep has a lot of extra features for an entry-level option that typically have more streamlined designs, and it offers a fantastic value for someone shopping for a comfortable brand on a tight budget.
The cover is integrated with phase-change technology that works with the convoluted SmartFlow layer to keep the surface temperature regulated, and the quick-responding Energex™ eases transitioning while contouring to the body for a comfortable cradle. Nest Bedding claims this is the only mattress with cooling technology certified by GREENGUARD Gold.
Nest’s Lifetime Warranty and Comfort Guarantee that will work with customers to exchange products if their needs or preferences change are really impressive. These features add a lot of value at an affordable price.