Tired of sleeping on a worn-out bed because you can’t afford something fresh and new? Love & Sleep by Nest Bedding is an award-winning mattress that claims comfort and quality don’t have to break the bank.
This GREENGUARD Gold certified all-foam bed includes cooling technology as well as multiple comfort levels so you can find the perfect fit. The brand claims it offers affordable luxury with just the right combo of bounce and support.
Our in-depth review of the Nest Bedding Love & Sleep Mattress will walk you through all the features that matter, including who we think matches with this brand.
Continue on for more specifics or cut right to our overall summary and score.
Excellent Matches For Love & Sleep
- Budget Shoppers – This company has packed a lot of value into their entry-level mattress, and few products on the market can offer this same versatility of comfort levels, cooling technology, strict environmental certifications, and a Lifetime Warranty for the price of this bed.
- Couples – With features like bounce, support, and breathability, this bed was built for loving and sleeping. Couples should be able to bask in blissful, uninterrupted sleep thanks to the Energex™ foam layer that isolates movement.
- Folks Who Want Options – Very few entry-level mattresses offer tailored firmness levels to suit your individual needs. Though this bed’s Medium option performs well for multiple position preferences, exclusive stomach sleepers may sleep more comfortably on the firmer choice.
Possible Love & Sleep Considerations:
- It doesn’t have a memory foam feel – The Energex™ foam in the design provides excellent pressure relief and a quick response time that eases repositioning and helps you not feel trapped. That said, you won’t experience that classic slow sink into the bed like you would with traditional memory materials.
- There is no innerspring unit – There’s plenty to love about this all-foam bed. However, those who enjoy the feel of an innerspring may prefer a different option. The good news is that the 100-night trial gives you plenty of time to try out this bed and make a final decision.
Construction: What’s inside Love & Sleep?
Love & Sleep is available in two firmness levels: Medium and Firm. For the purposes of this review, we will focus on the Medium.
On both models, the mattress cover incorporates Thermic Phase Change technology for temperature regulation, allowing it to absorb heat away from your body when you’re hot and rerelease it when you cool down.
Combined with the materials inside, it stands 10 inches high.
- Below the cover is a 3-inch, 2.8-pound Energex™ Cooling Comfort foam layer that was engineered to be more breathable and bouncy than memory materials but without any latex. This quick-responding foam eases repositioning, provides pressure relief, and has an infusion of cooling technology to wick away heat.
- The middle layer is 2 inches of SmartFlow Foam, which is a layer of exceptionally breathable material that has a convoluted structure—meaning it looks like an egg crate—to promote airflow. This layer provides a transition between the comfort and base layers while providing additional pressure relief and promoting cooling.
- The base is 5 inches of Edge Support Base Foam that is 1.8 pounds. This bottom layer gives the mattress its shape and helps the individual to rest with their spine well-aligned.
*Note that the above specifications are for the Medium Option. The Firm option will have 2 inches of Energex™, 8 inches of Edge Support Base, and does not include the SmartFlow foam.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The all-foam L&S arrives at your door compressed in a box. As with most foam constructions, you’ll want to find a non-flexible frame with sturdy central support or slats that are not bowed or flexible.
The cover feels soft and cool when you lay down on it, and your body immediately sinks into the mattress for a comfortable cradle and good contouring, but you shouldn’t sink so deep that you feel trapped in the bed.
Firmness Scale: 6/10 (Medium Firm)
If you’ve been sleeping on an outdated, worn-down bed, you’re probably already familiar with pressure points. These are the areas that start to ache under the full weight of your body. Depending on what position you sleep in, your pressure points may be your shoulders, hips, or lower back. For this reason, it is essential to have a mattress built with pressure relief in mind.
With three foam layers, Love & Sleep was designed to alleviate pressure to help you rest well. The materials should feel like a blend between latex and memory foam so you can experience a gentle cradle without feeling stuck. This is especially helpful if you change positions throughout the night.
While the Energex foam provides responsiveness, the SmartFlow foam should conform well for side sleepers in particular, who typically need pressure relief the most since their weight is concentrated in such small areas.
Good support is equally important when searching for your next mattress because it promotes optimal alignment of the spine. While you need some sinkage to allow for pressure relief, you also need a supportive base, so your back doesn’t bend and bow. Support is also crucial for preventing neck and back pain.
L&S has a high-density, 5-inch supportive base foam that should help to support the lumbar region of the spine. With ample bounce, you should have plenty of spring for late-night activities or rolling over from side to side.
Multiple Firmness Options
L&S comes in both Medium and Firm, giving shoppers the option to choose the firmness level specifically tailored to their pressure relief and support needs.
Optional White-Glove Delivery
For an added fee, you can have in-home delivery of your new mattress, professional set-up, and removal of all packaging.
Nest Bedding offers contactless delivery straight to your door. Your new bed arrives rolled and compressed in a box, and you can watch it take shape before your eyes. Set-up should be easy, and everything should be ready to use within a few hours.
If you’re tired of tossing and turning thanks to overheating, Love & Sleep has features to keep you cool at night. These include the phase-change cover, convoluted SmartFlow layer, and heat-wicking materials in the Energex foam layer.
Great Motion Isolation
Though there is some bounce with L&S, it is mostly absorbed at the point of impact and doesn’t shake the whole bed, so motion transfer is minimal, as is expected from all-foam constructions. If you sleep light and you share with a partner or a pet, you should not have to worry about being woken up by movement.
There is a medium bounce coming from the base layer and some surface bounce from the Energex™. Both the bounce and quick response time of all three layers help with repositioning. Combination sleepers, who like to adjust positions, can enjoy the versatility of the Medium and how easy it is to navigate.
In addition to having two eco-friendly certifications, the bed’s fire barrier is made without chemicals.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The L&S is compatible with an adjustable base.
Made in the USA
- Eco-Friendly Certifications – This product is CertiPUR-US certified, which means all the foams were tested for harmful levels of certain chemicals, heavy metals, and ozone depleters. The L&S is also GREENGUARD Gold certified. This certification means that the product meets strict standards for levels of chemicals, especially formaldehyde.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping and returns are available within the US. International shipping and shipping to Alaska and Hawaii are also available for an additional fee.
- White-Glove Delivery - Professional installation is available for an additional cost.
- Trial - You can try it out for 100 nights, and if you don’t love it, you can initiate a return or exchange.
- Warranty - This company offers an industry-leading lifetime warranty on this product.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||$499|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||$599|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$799|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$949|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$949|
Love & Sleep is a well-made bed at an extremely attractive price point that’s designed to keep you cool and comfortable for a lifetime.
Side sleepers can appreciate the medium-depth cushioning that conforms to their curves and alleviates stress from their hips and shoulders while the supportive base layer aids in keeping their spine level (you can see more about side sleeping in this article).
Stomach sleepers who are lighter in weight should rest comfortably without feeling their spine is arched, which can happen if their hips sink too low. Average and heavier individuals may find that the Medium feels too soft in this position and would be better suited by the Firm.
Sleepers who end up in many different positions throughout the night should feel right at home in this bed, thanks to the ample bounce that helps with repositioning. The Medium should offer a good balance of pressure relief and support while you move around in your sleep.
Most couples should find themselves delighted by the features that the Love & Sleep mattress has to offer. Cooling features, motion isolation, and bounce should tick all your collective boxes along with a nice balance of pressure relief and support.
Unfortunately, the Medium is likely to feel too soft and unsupportive for people with heavier weight considerations. While the Firm may feel a little more supportive, this all-foam lacks the durability and added support that heavier sleepers need. In this case, shoppers may want to consider options designed specifically for bigger folks.
Individuals who weigh less than 120 pounds tend to feel most beds are too firm, so the Medium should be a good fit. Lighter stomach and back sleepers will likely enjoy the gentle cradle with this option, while stomach sleepers may want to consider one of Nest Bedding’s softer options.
The Love & Sleep has a lot of extra features for an entry-level option, and it offers a fantastic value for someone shopping for a comfortable brand on a tight budget.
Nest’s Lifetime Warranty and Comfort Guarantee allows customers to exchange products if their needs or preferences change, adding to the overall value.