Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Curious what it takes to be a legend?
Leesa’s most soft and luxurious bed yet may have the answer. This hybrid has two layers of springs—pocketed coils and microcoils—sandwiched between multiple layers of comfort foam. Handcrafted in the USA using recycled and organic materials, this bed should tick a lot of boxes for eco-friendly shoppers.
The brand’s latest high-end hybrid promises pressure relief, support, and all-around comfort for every type of sleeper.
We’ll separate fact from fiction in our complete Leesa Legend mattress review. Short on time? Skip ahead for our final thoughts.
Who Do We Think Matches With Leesa Legend?
- Eco-friendly shoppers – Leesa’s sustainable mattress features natural and recycled materials, including upcycled steel springs and up to 73 water bottles in a King size. The hypoallergenic cover is made from organic cotton and Merino wool, allowing it to wick away moisture and naturally resist bacteria, mold, and mildew. The company’s eco-initiatives also include planting a tree for each order, volunteering, and donating 1 mattress for every 10 purchased.
- Sleepers with pain – With two spring systems and built-in zoning, sleepers should experience targeted pressure relief. Softer zoning under the shoulders and hips is designed to allow sinkage, while extra support for the back promotes spinal alignment. These features should make it an ideal choice for alleviating aches and pains.
- Hybrid seekers – Leesa wowed the world with its first hybrid, but the Legend takes things to the next level by adding in a second layer of coils. Hybrid lovers should be extra pleased with the level of hug and bounce they get from this bed. Softness paired with support offers a unique balance that makes this model stand out among the rest.
Possible Leesa Legend Complaints:
- It may be too soft for some sleepers – Lighter folks and side sleepers tend to love a softer bed, and the opposite is true for heavier folks and dedicated stomach sleepers who need a little extra support. If you fall into the latter camp, you may want to consider one of Leesa’s other options.
In case you'd like to browse, take a look at our best list of beds for this year.
- Company Headquarters: Virginia Beach, VA
- Website: leesa.com
- Phone: (844) 335-3372
- Mail: [email protected]
Leesa is one of the original bed-in-a-box brands, having grown in popularity since its launch in 2014. Its growing line of products include mattresses, foundations and frames, pillows, bedding, and more. In addition to its strong online presence, the brand also has partnerships with Macy’s, Pottery Barn, West Elm, and a gallery in New York City.
Leesa’s passions extend far beyond sleep—the brand cares about people, the planet, and paying it forward. From recycled packaging and materials to planting a tree for every order, even the manufacturing process is aimed at sustainability. The company also has extensive volunteer efforts and donates 1 mattress for every 10 sold to children living in poverty..
Construction: What’s inside Leesa Legend?
The Legend stands an impressive 12 inches tall and features 6 unique layers. The sustainable cover is made from 100% organic cotton, moisture-wicking Merino wool, and fiber from recycled water bottles. The cover is also naturally resistant to bacteria, mold, and mildew, making this an ideal choice for those with allergies.
- Underneath the cover, the the first layer features comfort foam that’s responsive and aerated with punch-holes for maximum breathability. This 1-inch layer provides a gentle hug to cradle the body but with enough bounce to aid repositioning.
- The second layer is 1 inch of classic memory foam to allow greater sinkage and pressure relief.
- The third layer is a 1.5-inch “relief and stability” layer and features micro-pocket springs under the head and foot with firm poly-foam in the middle. This multi-purpose design aims to offer pressure relief, support, and motion isolation.
- A 1-inch transition layer made from firmer polyfoam eases sleepers from one spring layer to the next.
- The fifth layer is the supportive core featuring over 1,000 quick-response pocketed springs. These individually wrapped coils move independently, offering targeted support and cutting down on motion transfer. The perimeter is lined with high-density coils for increased durability and edge support.
- The base layer is made from another 1-inch layer of firmer poly-foam to add stability and provide a firm foundation.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The Legend arrives at your door rolled and compressed in a box—an amazing feat for a double-spring hybrid. A Queen size weighs roughly 120 pounds, so you may want to grab a friend or take advantage of the optional white glove delivery.
Once your mattress is set-up, you’ll be able to test it out immediately, but keep in mind that it will take a couple of days to feel it’s best.
At first glance, the luxurious cover features the brand’s signature four-stripe design along with fashionable stitching. The eco-friendly materials were built for breathability and moisture-wicking for cool comfort all night long. Running your hand over the cover, it should feel plush and airy.
Trying out the bed, you’ll likely experience a deeper hug as your body sinks into the initial foam layers. The microcoils should allow heavier pressure points to experience relief, while the spine receives the extra support it needs for optimal alignment.
Firmness Scale: 6/10
The human body comes in many shapes and sizes, some curvier than others. Adequate relief is essential for allowing those curvy parts to sink in, preventing excess pressure and pain. Leesa takes pressure relief seriously with multiple layers of foam and dual spring systems.
Zoning is designed to allow the shoulders and hips to dip in, while the supportive core keeps the spine properly aligned. As the brand’s plushest bed, the Legend should be a great fit for sleepers looking for extra relief.
This hybrid excels when it comes to support, thanks to the double coil systems. While the initial microcoil layer is aimed at relieving pressure, the denser pocketed spring core offers a supportive base to keep the lumbar spine in an optimal position. This provides that pushback support so you don’t feel like you’re sinking through the bed.
Having dual-coils also gives this bed a higher level of bounce, which can aid repositioning. This unique design was also built for long-term stability and durability, so you can expect the same comfortive support for years to come.
Optional White Glove Delivery
For an extra fee, a team of two will take care of unboxing, set-up on your foundation or frame, and removal of any packaging. You can also add on removal of your old mattress and boxspring.
Leesa was one of the pioneers of directly shipping beds to customers without the need for middlemen. This contactless delivery method means your mattress will arrive at your doorstep rolled and compressed in a box. Be sure you have some help to move it to your bedroom or check out the option for white glove delivery.
Sleepers who are prone to overheating shouldn’t have to worry about the Legend. Hybrid designs tend to be more breathable, and the dual coil systems along with aerated punch holes in the comfort layer should allow trapped heat to escape - hot sleepers can appreciate that feature.
Exceptional Edge Support
The support layer is lined with high-density coils to provide extra support around the perimeter. This helps with being able to use the entire surface of the bed as well as stability for those who like to sit on the edge.
Great Motion Isolation
A common complaint among people who share a bed is that their sleep gets disturbed when their bedmate moves around. Unlike innerspring systems that move as a single unit, individually pocketed coils operate independently, which cuts down on motion transfer.
Having two coil systems should give this bed a higher level of bounce that can aid repositioning and getting into and out of bed. This is also a plus for sexually active folks.
Leesa’s commitment to lowering its carbon footprint includes sustainable manufacturing practices and eco-friendly materials. The cover is made from Merino wool, 100% organic cotton, and fiber from recycled bottles. The coils are also made from recycled steel.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Leesa recommends setting up your mattress on a solid, slatted, or adjustable base. The company also sells its own platform, foundation, and adjustable frame.
Handcrafted in the USA
All of the foams have undergone strict testing for content, emissions, and durability. These foams are certified to be low in VOCs and made without ozone depleters, heavy metals, formaldehyde, PBDE flame retardants, and phthalates.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping is available to all 50 states.
- Trial - Take advantage of the 100-night trial to make sure it’s right for you.
- Warranty - Get peace of mind from the 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12”||$1,699|
|Full||53” x 75” x 12”||$1,999|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$2,199|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$2,499|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$2,499|
The Legend is the softest and most luxurious bed yet from the well-loved brand Leesa. With eco-friendly features, dual coil systems, and built-in zoning, we think it’s pretty legendary.
Across the board, side sleepers of all shapes and sizes should be very pleased with how this bed feels. The three comfort layers are designed to offer contouring relief from pressure points, while the dual coil systems keep the body well supported.
Most back sleepers should feel gently cradled by the comfort layers. The springs provide pushback support with zoning to keep the spine aligned. Heavier back sleepers may feel they sink in too deeply to experience lumbar support and would be better served by one of Leesa’s firmer options.
Most stomach sleepers prefer a firm bed that offers adequate support to keep the hips from sinking in. While lighter stomach sleepers may feel comfortable on the Legend, average to heavy individuals will probably find it too soft.
This mattress has a lot of versatility that should make it a good fit for sleepers who like to change positions throughout the night. The high level of bounce should aid repositioning as well.
This hybrid has a lot to offer couples with excellent motion isolation, edge support, cooling, and a higher level of bounce. The versatility for many sleeping positions means that both partners should experience comfort and support.
People weighing over 250 pounds have unique needs when it comes to sleep. While it isn’t targeted specifically at heavier folks, the Legend can accommodate up to 350 pounds per side in the Queen and King models. Having two coil units adds extra stability and durability to prevent “bottoming out.”
Being on the softer side makes this a great choice for lighter folks in every sleeping position. Having a coil unit closer to the surface allows even smaller frames to benefit from pressure relief and support.
Leesa has managed to create a bed of legendary proportions with its latest hybrid. The dual coil units sandwiched between layers of foam should provide a balance of softness and support. With eco-friendly materials and a high-end design, the Legend should add an element of luxury to your bedroom.