Leesa’s most luxurious bed yet may have the answer. This hybrid has two layers of springs—pocketed coils and microcoils—sandwiched between multiple layers of comfort foam.
Handcrafted in the USA using recycled and organic materials, this bed should tick a lot of boxes for eco-friendly shoppers.
The brand’s latest high-end hybrid promises pressure relief, support, and all-around comfort for every type of sleeper.
We’ll separate fact from fiction in our complete Leesa Legend Hybrid mattress review. Short on time? Skip ahead for our final thoughts.
Watch Our Leesa Legend Hybrid Review
Who Do We Think Matches With Leesa Legend?
- Eco-friendly shoppers – Leesa’s sustainable mattress features natural and recycled materials, including upcycled steel springs and up to 73 water bottles in a King size. The hypoallergenic cover is made from organic cotton and Merino wool, allowing it to wick away moisture and naturally resist bacteria. The company’s social initiatives help to provide beds to children in need, for every ten beds sold, one is made specifically to be donated to give back to our communities.
- Sleepers with pain – With two spring systems and built-in zoning, sleepers should experience targeted pressure relief. Softer zoning under the shoulders and hips is designed to allow sinkage, while extra support for the back promotes spinal alignment. These features should make it an ideal choice for alleviating aches and pains.
- Hybrid seekers – Leesa wowed the world with its first hybrid, but the Legend takes things to the next level by adding in a second layer of coils. Hybrid lovers should be extra pleased with the level of hug and responsiveness they get from this bed. Softness paired with support offers a unique balance that makes this model stand out among the rest.
Possible Leesa Legend Complaints:
- It may be too soft for some sleepers – Lighter folks and side sleepers tend to love a softer bed, and the opposite is true for heavier folks and dedicated stomach sleepers who need a little extra support. If you fall into the latter camp, you may want to consider one of Leesa’s other options.
- Limited cooling – Although the Legend offers good airflow thanks to the coils, we found that the Legend didn’t provide as much heat transfer as other beds. Therefore, if you’re someone who sleeps extra hot or lives in a warmer climate, you may want to see out a stronger cooling bed.
In case you'd like to browse, take a look at our best list of beds for this year.
Construction: What’s inside Leesa Legend?
The Leesa Legend Hybrid stands an impressive 12 inches tall and features six unique layers. The sustainable cover is made from 100 percent organic cotton, moisture-wicking Merino wool, and fiber from recycled water bottles. The cover is also naturally resistant to bacteria, mold, and mildew, making this an ideal choice for those with allergies.
- Underneath the cover, the first layer features comfort foam that’s responsive and aerated with punch holes for maximum breathability. This 1-inch layer provides a gentle hug to cradle the body but with enough bounce to aid repositioning.
- The second layer is 1 inch of classic memory foam to allow greater sinkage and pressure relief.
- The third layer is a 1.5-inch “relief and stability” layer and features micro-pocket springs under the head and foot with firm poly-foam in the middle. This multi-purpose design aims to offer pressure relief, support, and motion isolation.
- A 1-inch transition layer made from firmer polyfoam eases sleepers from one spring layer to the next.
- The supportive core features over 1,000 quick-response pocketed springs. These individually wrapped coils move independently, offering targeted support and cutting down on motion transfer. The perimeter is lined with high-density coils for increased durability and edge support.
- The base is made from another 1-inch layer of firmer poly-foam to add stability and provide a firm foundation.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
The Legend arrives at your door rolled and compressed in a box. A Queen size weighs roughly 120 pounds, so you may want to grab a friend or take advantage of the optional white glove delivery.
The luxurious cover features the brand’s signature four-stripe design and stylish stitching. Running your hand over the cover, it should feel soft and durable.
Trying out the bed, the microcoils should allow heavier pressure points to experience relief, while the spine receives extra support for optimal alignment.
Firmness Scale: 6.5/10
The human body comes in many shapes and sizes, some curvier than others. Adequate relief is essential for allowing those curvy parts to sink in, preventing excess pressure and pain. Without this, the sleeper risks waking up with uncomfortable aches and pains.
The Leesa Legend Hybrid mattress takes pressure relief seriously with multiple layers of foam and dual spring systems.
The zoned support system is designed to allow the shoulders and hips to dip in, while the supportive core keeps the spine properly aligned. As the brand’s plushest bed, the Legend should be a great fit for sleepers looking for extra relief.
Side sleepers, who are often most in need of quality pressure relief, should experience comfortable sinkage with this mattress. Additionally, back sleepers should find that the Legend should contour their lower back, all while still providing necessary support.
This hybrid does a good job of providing support, thanks to the double coil systems. While the initial microcoil layer is aimed at relieving pressure, the denser pocketed spring core offers a supportive base to keep the lumbar spine in an optimal position.
Having dual coils also gives this bed a higher level of bounce, which can aid repositioning. This unique design was also built for long-term stability and durability, so you can expect the same comforting support for years to come.
The only exception we found was in the stomach sleeping position, in which the hips sank more than expected, which could be a problem for spine alignment.
Optional White Glove Delivery
For an extra fee, a team of two will take care of unboxing, set-up on your foundation or frame, and removal of any packaging. You can also request to have them remove your old mattress and box spring.
Leesa was one of the pioneers of directly shipping beds to customers without the need for middlemen. This contactless delivery method means your mattress will arrive at your doorstep rolled and compressed in a box. Be sure you have some help to move it to your bedroom or check out the option for white glove delivery.
Exceptional Edge Support
The support layer is lined with high-density coils to provide extra support around the perimeter. This helps with being able to use the entire surface of the bed as well as stability for those who like to sit on the edge.
Great Motion Isolation
A common complaint among people who share a bed is that their sleep gets disturbed when their bedmate moves around. Unlike innerspring systems that move as a single unit, individually pocketed coils operate independently, which cuts down on motion transfer.
Having two coil systems should give this bed a higher level of bounce that can aid in repositioning and getting into and out of bed. This is also a plus for sexually active folks.
Leesa’s commitment to lowering its carbon footprint includes sustainable manufacturing practices and eco-friendly materials. The cover is made from Merino wool, 100% organic cotton, and fiber from recycled bottles. The coils are also made from recycled steel.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Leesa recommends setting up your mattress on a solid, slatted, or adjustable base. The company also sells its own platform, foundation, and adjustable frame.
Handcrafted in the USA
All of the foams have undergone strict testing for content, emissions, and durability. These foams are certified to be low in VOCs and made without ozone depleters, heavy metals, formaldehyde, PBDE flame retardants, and phthalates.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Free shipping is available to all 50 states.
- Trial - Take advantage of the 100-night trial to make sure it’s right for you.
- Warranty - Get peace of mind from the 10-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12”||$1,899|
|Full||53” x 75” x 12”||$2,199|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$2,399|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$2,699|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 12”||$2,699|
The Legend Hybrid is a luxurious and quality mattress option from Leesa. With eco-friendly features, dual coil systems, and built-in zoning, we think it’s pretty legendary.
Across the board, side sleepers of all shapes and sizes should be very pleased with how this bed feels. The three comfort layers are designed to offer contouring relief from pressure points, while the dual coil systems keep the body well supported. We found that the Legend provided good sinkage for the hips and shoulders.
Most back sleepers should feel gently cradled by the comfort layers. The springs provide pushback support with zoning to keep the spine aligned. Heavier back sleepers may feel they sink in too deeply to experience lumbar support and would be better served by one of Leesa’s firmer options.
Most stomach sleepers prefer a firm bed that offers adequate support to keep the hips from sinking in. While lighter stomach sleepers may feel comfortable on the Legend, average to heavy individuals will probably find it too soft and that their hips sink in.
This mattress has a lot of versatility that should make it a good fit for sleepers who like to change positions throughout the night. The high level of bounce should aid repositioning as well. We found that repositioning on the Legend took minimal effort, which is a plus for this group.
This hybrid has a lot to offer couples with excellent motion isolation, edge support, and a higher level of bounce. The Leesa Legend Hybrid’s medium-firm feel is versatile for multiple sleep positions, and therefore, both partners should experience comfort and support.
People weighing over 230 pounds have unique needs when it comes to sleep. While it isn’t targeted specifically at heavier folks, the Legend can accommodate up to 350 pounds per side in the Queen and King models. Having two coil units adds extra stability and durability to prevent “bottoming out.”
Most lightweight sleepers should find a good match in the Leesa Legend Hybrid. The medium-firm feel should accommodate petite stomach and back sleepers in particular. However, side sleepers weighing under 130 pounds may find this bed too firm, though they can take advantage of the trial period to test it out for themselves.
Leesa has managed to create a bed of legendary proportions with its latest hybrid. The dual coil units sandwiched between layers of foam should provide a balance of softness and support. With eco-friendly materials and a high-end design, the Legend should add an element of luxury to your bedroom.