Do you like to watch TV or read in bed? Are you driving your partner crazy with your snoring? Do you look forward to kicking up your feet after a long day?
If you are actively nodding your head to any of these questions, then an adjustable base could be just what you need. The Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe Adjustable Base is a heavy-duty bed frame that can add comfort and convenience to your bedroom.
I was able to test out the Ascension Luxe and am excited to bring your my findings. In this review, I will break down the construction and technology of this adjustable bed. By sharing my experience and evaluations, I hope that you are able to make an easy decision as to if this is the right adjustable base for you.
Watch My Video Review of the Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe Adjustable Base
Who Is the Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe Adjustable Base Best for?
The Ascension Luxe is a sturdy frame made to support up to 850 pounds with an easy-to-use remote control that has a convenient built-in flashlight. Additionally, there is an energy-saving power-down box.
Pros: Who Might Like the Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe Adjustable Base:
- Heavyweight people – Larger sleepers should find that this adjustable base is durable and sturdy to keep them nicely supported.
- Fans of Brooklyn Bedding mattresses – This base is made specifically for Brooklyn Bedding mattresses. Therefore, if you are a fan of these beds, this will be a great adjustable base for you.
- People shopping for affordable luxury – For a sturdy adjustable base with a convenient remote, this base is offered at a more affordable price.
Cons: Who Might Not Like the Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe Adjustable Base:
- Those who want a variety of sizes – This adjustable base only comes in three sizes. If you want more size options, you may want to consider another base.
- People looking for a long warranty – The Ascension Luxe has a below-industry-standard warranty, which could be a drawback for some consumers.
- Shoppers unsure about an adjustable base – This frame does not have a sleep trial. So, you should be certain that you want this base before you purchase it.
Sleep Advisor’s Testing Methodology
The Sleep Advisor crew is on a mission to thoroughly test, evaluate, and document mattresses and other accessories so that we can provide you with a comprehensive overview of a variety of sleep goods. In addition to hands-on testing in our mattress studio, we thoroughly research each product to provide our readers with an honest, detailed review
Read our full product review process here.
What is the Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Base Made of?
Brooklyn Bedding uses alloy steel to make a sturdy base. It also includes two motors as well as USB ports and a power-down battery pack.
This adjustable base has a fairly standard height of approximately 12 inches. You will have around 10 inches of clearance to store items under your bed.
Sleeping on the Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Base
The Ascension Luxe has a luxurious and sturdy feel to it that gave me a sense of security. I found that the remote control was easy to use and liked how it promoted healthy sleep and spinal support. Additionally, I appreciated how the pre-sets allow you to set the head and foot angles to your liking so that you could quickly get into your favorite position.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the various settings:
- TV – When you click this button, it lifts the mattress in the air and puts the top portion in a reclined position where your feet are up. I wasn’t crazy about this setting because I felt uncomfortable and squished.
- Zero Gravity – I found that my feet seemed to be more elevated with the Ascension Luxe than others that I’ve tested. The feet seem to go up more than other adjustable bases that we tested.
- Lounge – I couldn’t tell much, if any, difference between this setting and the TV one.
- Anti-snore – My head was lifted but not nearly as much as the other adjustable bases that I’ve tried. However, it may be fine for some snorers.
- Feet and Head – This setting was comfortable on my spine when it was all the way up. However, when the head area was all the way up, it was nearly at a 90-degree angle and I found this to be unpleasant.
Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Base Sizing Options & Pricing
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12”||$699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$899|
|Split King||38” x 80” x 12” (x 2)||$699 (x 2)|
|Split Cali-King||36” x 84” x 12” (x 2)||$799 (x 2)|
Sleep Advisor’s Performance Ratings for the Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Base
I found that this is a fairly sturdy and supportive base. It can hold up to 850 pounds. However, please note that this includes the weight of the mattress and all people or pets sleeping on the bed.
When comparing adjustable bases to stationary ones, I don’t think that they will hold up as well due in large part to the various tech components. Granted, it does have a two-year limited parts warranty, but compared to other mattress frames, this isn’t particularly substantial.
The Sleep Advisor team was able to put this frame together fairly easily as most of the parts and components are ready to go right out of the box. However, the parts are heavy so I highly recommend putting this together with at least one other person.
With adjustable bases, there’s always a chance they can be noisy due to the motors. The Ascension Luxe isn’t excessively loud, but you’ll definitely notice a mechanical noise as you adjust the bed. However, when it comes to getting in and out of bed, I didn’t notice any creaking or squeaking.
Ease of Use
I found that the frame and remote of the Ascension Luxe were very easy to use. The remote has a comfortable feel and I appreciated the clearly labeled buttons. Additionally, it has a flashlight, though I found it curious that it was on the bottom of the remote and not on the top.
I also liked that there were USB charging ports built into the frame as well as an energy-efficient battery.
Brooklyn Bedding offers free shipping to the 48 contiguous United States. An additional fee applies to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada.
Sleep Trial & Warranty
This adjustable frame comes with no sleep trial, and it only has a 2-year limited parts replacement coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an adjustable bed frame worth the money?
Adjustable beds can offer better circulation by keeping the legs and/or head elevated. Additionally, if you or your partner snore, an adjustable base can help alleviate this issue by keeping the head propped up and opening up the airway.
Adjustable bed frames also make it convenient to read or watch TV in bed, and many of them offer massage features as well. If these are appealing features to you, an adjustable base can be worth it.
What is an adjustable bed frame?
Adjustable bed frames are typically steel frames in which the legs and/or head can be lifted. There are typically one to two motors that are operated by remote control. Many adjustable beds also have special additions like massage or anti-snore features.
Can you put a regular mattress on the Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Base?
These bases are designed to only be used with Brooklyn Bedding mattresses. Therefore, for this base to work to its full capacity, it is highly recommended you only use a Brooklyn Bedding mattress.
How Does the Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Compare to Other Adjustable Bases?
Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe vs Helix Adjustable Base
Helix Adjustable Base
Offers massage features, zero-gravity settings, and a 20-year limited warranty.
Who Should Get the Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe?
- Value shoppers
- Heavyweight sleepers
- Energy-conscious consumers
Who Should Get the Helix Adjustable Base?
- Budget-friendly shoppers
- Those who value straightforward technology
- Shoppers looking for a bed with adjustable heights
For more on this Helix frame, visit our Helix Adjustable Base review.
Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe vs Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame
Nectar Adjustable Base
The Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame has a wireless remote, tool-free assembly, and an anti-snore setting.
Sleep Advisor Score
4.70 / 5
Who Should Get the Brooklyn Bedding Ascension Luxe?
- Those who have a Brooklyn Bedding mattress
- People who value both luxury and affordability
- Folks looking for additional spinal support
Who Should Get the Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame?
- Fans of a massage feature
- Those who value easy assembly
- Heavier folks
For more on this Nectar frame, visit our Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame Review.
My Final Thoughts on the Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Bed Frame
The Brooklyn Bedding Ascencion Luxe Adjustable Bed Frame should provide a sturdy, durable base. It has a hefty weight limit, which should make it suitable for heavyweight people.
In addition to massage and zero-gravity features, I think it provides a good amount of spinal support. Although I don’t think that adjustable base beds are as durable or long-lasting as those that are stationary, the affordability and luxury features on this one should make it a solid choice for those in the market for an adjustable bed.
This adjustable bed frame earned a 3.4 out of 5 for its overall score.