|✔️ Customer Score: 4/5
|✔️ Materials: Memory Foam
|✔️ Firmness: Medium
|✔️ Free Shipping
|✔️ 3-Year Limited Warranty
Save up to $200 on Mattresses
Our review: This Simmons Beautyrest mattress topper is medium-firm and made with three inches of gel-infused memory foam. It has a unique, two-sided construction. Flip to the wavy side for a softer feel and extra cushioning, or try the flat side for a firmer feel and closer contact with the cooling gel.
|Who it’s good for
|Who it is not good for
A Look Inside
The Beautyrest gel memory foam mattress topper is made from ComforPedic Loft foam that’s infused with gel for an extra cooling effect. It’s designed to be used on either side. The top side has wavy ridges similar to an egg carton, while the bottom side is flat.
Some sellers include a knit mattress cover that works as a mattress pad with elastic straps on the corners. Others do not. You’ll need to ask your specific seller whether or not their Beautyrest product includes a cover.
Side sleepers need more pressure relief than back and stomach sleepers. Without it, their shoulders, hips, and upper arms will absorb weight meant to be evenly distributed along their sides. This can result in some pretty achy mornings and groggy individuals.
Fortunately, the three inch thickness of this Beautyrest topper adds cushion to your current mattress. The wavy side feels a bit softer, according to reviewers, making it the preferred choice for side sleepers. The flat side is also pressure relieving, but may not feel as contouring for those who prefer side sleeping.
Read More: Best Mattress Toppers for Side Sleepers
Back sleepers need a sleeping surface that strikes a balance between support and gentle cushion. The Beautyrest gel memory foam topper does a good job of evenly distributing your body weight, which keeps back sleepers supported and cushioned.
It may take some time to adjust to the feel of the wavy side, but you can always flip to the flat side. The flat side is actually a touch firmer, which is often preferred by back sleepers.
Stomach sleepers may not enjoy this Beautyrest topper as much as those with other sleeping positions. Stomach sleepers need a medium-firm or firm mattress, so they don’t sink too deep into the foam and arch their lower back out of alignment. An overextended lower back can cause back pain. Simply put, the three inch thickness of this topper may be too plush.
Additionally, the wavy side of the topper will likely feel strange and uncomfortable when pressed against your front side. If you’re a stomach sleeper who wants to try this topper, we recommend using the flat side.
- Hypoallergenic: Memory foam is naturally resistant to dust mites and has antimicrobial properties.
- Cooling: Gel memory foam is temperature sensitive, so it adjusts to your body temperature by drawing excess body heat away from the surface of the mattress.
- Breathable: The wavy side of the topper creates channels that improve airflow, regardless of which side you sleep on.
- Reversible: Choose the textured side of the topper for a softer feel similar to a pillow top. The flat side is slightly firmer, which is ideal for back sleepers.
- Pressure-Relieving: Memory foam lifts stress and tension off of pressure points.
- Affordable: This Beautyrest mattress topper is more affordable than other brand names like Tempur-Pedic. Plus, it quickly upgrades your master bed or guest bed, which keeps you from needing to buy a whole new mattress.
Related: Tempur-Pedic Mattress Toppers
- Warranty: Some product reviews mention a three-year manufacturer warranty, but we had a tough time finding any more details. Reach out to the retailer where you’re shopping for more warranty information.
- Return Policy: The return policy for this topper will differ from retailer to retailer.
- Slight Odor: Some reviewers noticed a chemical smell when they first took their topper out of its plastic packaging.
Sizing and Pricing
|38” x 74” x 3”
|38” x 79” x 3”
|53” x 74” x 3”
|59” x 79” x 3”
|75” x 79” x 3”
|71” x 83” x 3”
How do I get rid of the “new foam” smell when I unbox my topper?
Most manufacturing facilities allow their foam to off-gas before it’s packaged for shipping. Sometimes a minor amount of odor gets trapped in the packaging, but let the topper air out for a few hours, and the odor should be gone.
Why is my Beautyrest topper a little smaller than my mattress?
You may notice that your topper is a half inch or inch smaller than your mattress. This enables your fitted sheet to be more easily secured over both your mattress and topper.
How long can I keep my mattress topper in its box?
Beautyrest recommends that you remove the topper from its packaging within 72 hours of delivery. It can take up to 48 hours for the foam to fully inflate.
Is the Beautyrest 3” Gel Memory Foam topper machine washable?
No, so we recommend using a waterproof mattress protector.
Stomach sleepers should opt for a thinner topper. Also, those with heavier body types need a little more support, which often comes from a firmer topper, like the Tempur-Pedic Supreme 3-Inch Medium Firm Mattress Topper.
Otherwise, the Beautyrest Gel Memory Foam Topper meets a lot of the must-haves for shoppers looking to revitalize their mattress: it’s cushioning, breathable, cooling, and affordable. If the grooved side is too strange for you, simply flip the topper to the flat side. Overall, we think this topper is a great choice for back sleepers and side sleepers with a mid-range budget.
Lead Product Tester
Loren is the Lead Reviewer at Sleep Advisor. She has prioritized sleeping for as long as she can remember, rarely deviating from seven to nine hours each night.
Education & Credentials
- Certified Sleep Science Coach