1 – Personal Data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “Data Subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (hereinafter “Personal Data”).
While providing the services to you through our Site (such as mattress quiz, mattress recommendations and reviews, downloading an e-book, participating in discussions in forum), we collect following Personal Data:
- e-mail address; and
- other information provided by you while answering mattress quiz on our Site and information provided by you in forum of our Site such as personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with certain products or services.
For marketing, remarketing, and/or retargeting purposes, we also collect tracking information such as your browser type, mobile device, the type of operating system you use, your IP address, the name of your Internet service provider, information related to any applicable domain names, and pages visited on the Site.
2 – Legal ground for using your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data on the following legal grounds:
- processing is necessary for the performance of the Agreement to which you are a party; and
3 – How information is collected
4 – Use of information collected
Your choice to opt-out. If you wish to opt-out and revoke the consent you have provided to us by accepting this Policy, you must email us at [email protected] and specifically state that you would like us to keep your Personal Data private. Once we receive your email, we will attempt to delete whatever you may have provided us, but you will be denied access from viewing the Site in the future to help ensure that we do not process your Personal Data.
First Party Cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that we directly issue to users when users view our Site. We use these cookies for basic website function purposes, such as allowing pages to load faster when you browse our Site, and for marketing purposes as explained above.
Third Party Cookies
Third-party cookies are not issued by us. They are cookies issued by a third-party, like Google, for example. We use Google Analytics Advertising Features and have enabled the demographics and interests feature. Click here (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en) for more information.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
Google provides a suite of tools to control its cookies:
- Google Analytics, which is a tool used to track and report website traffic, provides an out-out browser add-on that can be downloaded here.
- Google Safety Centre has a tool where you can control the ads you see on Google and control the data used for serving ads to you. It can be found here.
Browser-level cookie controls
Most popular browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. We included the links below to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
5 – Storage of Personal Data
We will not preserve Personal Data longer than it is reasonably necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which Personal Data were collected, while complying with the applicable legislation for the period of data retention.
Personal Data is stored in United States of America. According to General Data Protections Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the council (GDPR) we must inform you that data protections level in other countries might differ from the data protection level in the European Union. However, we have taken all reasonable measures to protect Personal Data in United States of America.
6 – Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right:
- of access to Personal Data that we process about you;
- to the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data;
- to the erasure of your Personal Data. However, this right only applies under certain circumstances and is not absolute;
- to restrict processing of Personal Data. However, this right only applies under certain circumstances and is not absolute;
- to move, copy or transfer your personal data;
- to object to the processing of Persona Data, if you find that processing is conducted in violation of your legitimate rights;
- withdraw your consent to process your Personal Data;
- not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling: (e.g. automated processing of Personal Data to evaluate certain aspects about you), which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you unless:
- it is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between us; or
- it is authorized by law; or
- you provide your explicit consent; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority and apply for remedy of your rights, if you consider that processing of your Personal Data infringes your rights and interests under applicable law.
7 – Security
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to safeguard your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information we obtain from you as a result of your use of the Site. You transmit and receive all such information at your own risk. WE PROVIDE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND GRANT NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8 – Third-party websites
Links to third party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links you will leave the Site. We have not comprehensively reviewed all of these third-party websites and do not control and are not responsible for any of these websites, their content or their privacy policies. Thus, we do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Site (including any social media), you do this entirely at your own risk.
9 – Updates to the Policy
If there are updates to the terms of this Policy, we will post the revision date below.
Last updated on 2/07/2020