Woo, it’s mattress-shopping time! Looking for a new bed but not sure where to start? Our Casper vs. Brooklyn Aurora comparison will compare and contrast these two online mattress brands so you can get an idea of which should work best for your individual needs.
Casper’s all-foam bed was created by one of the most well-known, and affordable, companies in the market. Brooklyn Bedding’s hybrid is a labor of love, created by a family-owned company that strives to create cleaner products that ease the effects of allergies.
Our individual product reviews will give you a closer look at each bed:
Quick Comparison: Casper vs. Aurora Luxe
SLEEPADVISOR10 or click the button below
- For every sleeping position and weight class
- More bounce for a foam bed
- Quick responsiveness
Sleepadvisor20 or click the button below
- Enhanced cooling properties
- Luxury bed at an affordable price
- Three firmness choices
Comparing Construction (Materials & Quality)
This all-foam mattress arrives compressed for easier box shipping.
The polyester cover of this 11-inch bed is removable for convenient spot-cleaning.
- The top layer is Proprietary Comfort Foam featuring an perforated design that should promote breathability and bounce.
- The second layer features Zoned Support™ that should offer firmer support to the hips and softer compression to the knees and shoulders.
- The base layer holds a Dense Foam Layer that should act as a durable foundation for the entire mattress.
Aurora Luxe Construction
This luxury hybrid mattress is compressed when shipped so it can fit inside a convenient box.
This 13-inch bed boasts a cotton cover blended with phase-changing thermo knitting that should ensure a cool and comfortable sleep.
- The initial layer contains 1.5 inches of Energex™ Foam infused with temperature-regulating Copper Gel. TitanCool™ phase-changing technology further promotes cooling. This material should be responsive and should provide soothing pressure relief.
- The second layer holds a 2-inch latex-alternative called TitanFlex™. This hyper-elastic material should provide ample bounce and is designed to offer a deep level of contouring.
- The third layer contains a Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam that is an inch thick. Cooling gel promotes temperature regulation as this material acts as a motion isolating transition between the comfort layers and supportive coils.
- The fourth layer should promote airflow and personalized compression due to 8-inch Pocketed Coils which are designed to provide varying levels of pushback depending on the sleeper’s position.
- The final layer utilizes an inch thick Foam Base to absorb motion from the coils above.
- The perimeter should provide solid edge support thanks to the reinforced Quantum Edge™ Coils running around the edges of this bed.
Comparing Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our 1-10 comfort (firmness) scale, each bed has assigned a value that should give shoppers an idea of what each mattress should feel like. A score of 1 should feel whisper-soft, while a score of 10 should be firmer than cement.
Casper features a medium to medium-firm score of 6. Though some people may find this comfort level to be slightly firmer than a true medium, the zoned areas of the mattress should ensure that shoppers receive the proper support or compression to promote good spinal alignment regardless of their position of choice.
The medium Aurora Luxe is ranked at a score of 5. The company ranks their softer model as a 3 and their firmer option at a 7. The individually pocketed coil system should compress or pushback as-needed to ensure shoppers are properly supported in any sleeping position.
The materials in this Casper mattress are highly responsive. The third memory foam layer in the Aurora Luxe may respond somewhat slower, but the rest of the layers are quite responsive. This should allow combination sleepers to move easily on either bed.
Comparing Sinkage and Bounce
Sinkage should be minimal for either bed, shoppers should float on a Gentle Cradle that allows pressure relief and airflow. Because Casper features zoned support, there may be deeper sinkage in the shoulders and knees, which should help to reduce pressure build-up. There may be a similar effect found in the Aurora Luxe’s coil system that is designed to compress when the sleeper’s weight is concentrated in one area.
Both beds should offer moderate levels of bounce, allowing sleepers to roll around easily on their mattress without feeling “stuck.” If enhanced mobility is a top priority, however, there might be more bounce present in the hybrid due to the coils, but a lot of this is mitigated by the coils.
Comparing Motion Transfer
If you’re the type of shopper who shares your bed with partner, children, or pets, you likely want to reduce the how much movement you feel from your co-sleepers during the night. Either bed should allow most people to sleep comfortably.
However, if you are a light sleeper who is especially concerned with motion control, the all-foam mattress should absorb motion easily. Whereas the hybrid might allow more motion to travel through the coils.
Comparing Edge Support
Edge support should be above average in either bed, allowing shoppers to roll right up to the edge of their mattress without feeling like they might be ejected from the bed. Anyone seeking enhanced edge support should opt for the Aurora Luxe as the reinforced edge coils should provide a consistent feel across the entire mattress surface. This should allow couples a little breathing room so they can spread out.
Casper vs. Aurora Luxe Compared Side-by-Side
|Cover||Polyester||Cotton, phase-change thermo knitting|
|Materials||Polyfoams and comfort foam||TitanFlex™, Copper Gel Energex™ Foam, Swirl Visco-Elastic Memory Foam, base foam, Quantum Edge™ Pocketed Coils|
|Cooling||Airflow in top layer||Phase-changing technology, cooling gels, copper, coils|
|Sinkage||Gentle Cradle||Gentle Cradle|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Trial Period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Adjustable Base Compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Shipping||Shipping available to the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK, and Switzerland, In-Home service available in some areas||Free to the contiguous United States, additional fee Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada, White Glove service may be available for showroom purchases|
|Made in the USA||Yes, cover is assembled in Mexico||Yes|
|Size||Casper Price (w/o discount)||Aurora Luxe Price (w/o discount)|
|Split Cali King||N/A||$1,249|
Should I Buy Casper or Aurora Luxe?
Ready to shop for your new bed? Check out recommendations below to see how each product holds up to your priority list.
We Would Recommend Buying Casper if You are Looking for:
- Zoned support. This product features zones that offer more pressure relief to the knees and shoulders. A firmer zone is designed to offer more support to the hips to prevent sinkage and promote proper alignment of the spine.
- A classic all-foam experience. The dense materials in this product should absorb most movements, which should provide enhanced motion control. Shoppers should experience enhanced pressure relief and slight sinkage that results in a gentle cradle.
- An affordable brand name. Casper is a very popular name in the online sleep industry. Their mattress is very competitively priced, acting as an attainable entry point for shoppers looking to save a few bucks.
We Would Recommend Buying Aurora Luxe if You are Looking for:
- Personalized support. The coil system in this bed features an individually pocketed design that should allow the springs to compress or pushback depending on the individual’s position, body shape, and weight. This should allow people to sleep comfortably in any position.
- A bouncy hybrid. The springs inside this mattress should provide ample bounce, allowing people to move easily as the materials quickly reform to their natural state. The upper layers should provide a gentle cradle with pressure relief while the lower springs are meant to be more supportive, especially around the perimeter.
- Enhanced cooling. Multiple layers containing cooling gels, copper, and phase-changing technology promise to prevent overheating, keeping you cool all night long. The coils are pocketed to allow air to flow in between the springs, which should prevent heat from building up in one location.
Either mattress will make a great addition to your home. Both companies strive to meet their customer’s needs and put customer satisfaction front and center.
Check out our reviews for each product to learn more before you buy.