Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Can restorative sleep really yield peak performance?
The Recore by Novosbed is a performance mattress sold exclusively in Canada. This all foam product introduces heat-regulating graphite latex in the comfort layer to help the body restore and repair for maximized activity the next day.
The brand strongly believes to achieve the most out of your day, you first have to get a restorative nights rest. Everything from the cover down to the foams in this bed was designed using the studies of sleep science to incorporate high-end materials for maximum activity.
Our in-depth overview of the Recore Mattress evaluates the company’s claims based on our scoring system that looks at aspects like cooling, comfort, and overall value.
For all the nitty-gritty details, just keep reading, but if you are in more of a hurry skip to the end for our summary and scoring sections.
You will love Recore if you:
- Live actively – Whether you are a professional athlete or simply like to get out get active on your days off, you are likely to exert a lot of energy and come home exhausted. The Recore was designed to help restore your body by providing more quality deep sleep, so you can do it all over again tomorrow.
- Sleep hot – This product has incorporated several features that help reduce body temperature to keep sleepers cool. You have a graphite infused latex, cooling gels, and a breathable antimicrobial fabric all working to reduce your core temperature.
- Need pressure relief – Recore is focussed on relieving strain and helping the body recover. The foams in this product aim to reduce pressure buildup by gently contouring to the curves of your body.
You might not like Recore if you:
- Love an innerspring feel – Having a traditional coil mattress can be really nice, especially if that is what you are used to sleeping on. The Recore, like an innerspring bed, is fairly responsive and sports a bit of bounce familiar to a coil feel.
But if you want some other options you can check our best beds in 2020.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This bed delivers to the customers home compressed in a box. The compatible setup works on either an adjustable or slatted base, as box foundation.
The cover is made with a proprietary material called SilverCharged™ thread. This is an antimicrobial fiber that leaves sleepers resting on a cleaner surface. It is fully breathable and can zip-off for easy washing.
If you were to unzip the cover, you would find 10.5 inches of foam beneath.
- The first layer is 1.5 inches of comfortable and responsive graphite latex foam. This design was made to keep sleeper’s core temperatures in check by drawing thermal energy away from the body. By reducing body temperatures, sleepers should be able to experience more restorative deep sleep.
- The second layer is 2 inches of breathable gel foam that functions as a transition layer between the top and base. This material has millions of air cushions that were designed to draw heat away from the sleeper's body and circulate air throughout the middle of the bed. Vortex™ gel technology makes to new pockets of air are formed each time you rest on this bed.
- The final layer is a high-density support base that not only sustains the sleeper’s weight but also creates quality motion isolation throughout the bed.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Recore scores at a 6 on our scale from 1 to 10 that rates mattress firmness, with a 10 being the firmest. This falls in the medium range, which means that it has been built to target a larger variety of sleeping positions and body types.
The comfort latex foam gently cradles sleepers curves, allowing them to sink through the middle layer and into the support foam at the base. This construction was designed to alleviate pressure by dispersing the sleeper’s weight over the surface. The foams also work together to keep the body aligned and supported.
As customers hop into bed, they will likely notice how quickly the latex responds. This keeps the surface of bed nice an bouncy, a very convenient feature for repositioning (combination) sleepers.
The brand aims to keep back sleepers in a comfortable position that keeps their anatomy optimally aligned. The latex is there to fill the space between the hips and shoulders, ensuring a more neutral sleeping position.
Side sleepers love a bed that can offer pressure relief. The makers of Recore mattress kept this in mind when they were designing their product. The comfort foams help to cradle curves nicely, reducing strain in the hips and shoulders.
Stomach sleepers should do well on this product. The foams are firm enough to keep their hips elevated and aligned with the rest of their body so they can sleep in a comfortable position.
Though this is mattress targeted towards people with active lifestyles, this is a great option for just about all sleepers. Sleepers with higher than average weight considerations might do better on a different product, as the Recore is rated to support up to 500 pounds or 250 per side.
If you share your bed with a sleeping partner, you probably want a bed with little to no motion transfer. What this means is, the movement you partners tossing and turning creates does not shift to your side of the mattress.
Foam beds typically do well in this category and Recore does not show any signs of letting sleepers down. Although the top foam is fairly responsive, the base foam should drastically de-energize the movement, allowing you are your partner to sleep unaware of each other all night long.
Bed-in-a-box products are designed to compress so they can fit into small boxes. For this reason, many do not have edge reinforcement.
Recore’s foam design should perform slightly better than other options like it. Latex is a durable material and the high-density base layer provides ample support. There may be slight compression while sitting on the side of the bed, but sleeping on the edge should keep sleepers well stabilized.
- Trial Period – Customers have up to 120 nights to test this product if it does not suit their needs they can return it for a full refund.
- Warranty – This product is protected by a 15-year warranty.
- Shipping – Free shipping is offered throughout the majority of Canada.
- CertiPUR-US Certified® – These foam were certified by a third party that tested for safe levels of ozone depleters, formaldehyde, and heavy metals.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38″ x 74.5″ x 10.5″||C$749|
|Twin XL||38″ x 79.5″ x 10.5″||C$839|
|Full||52.5″ x 74.5″ x 10.5″||C$879|
|Queen||59.5″ x 79.5″ x 10.5″||C$949|
|King||75.5″ x 79.5″ x 10.5″||C$1,049|
|Cali King||71.5″ x 83.5″ x 10.5″||C$1,079|
The Recore Mattress is a performance bed aimed at helping sleepers recover at night so they can take on the day with full throttle intensity.
The Recore mattress should be a great choice for those seeking to enhance their daily life by optimizing the way they sleep. The brand uses materials designed to help the body restore and recover, so you can hit the ground running come sunrise.
Performance mattresses can cost thousands of dollars, but this option is available at a price that should keep both you and your bank account smiling. We think this is a good option for folks wanting to get more out of their day, hopefully, you will too.