Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Looking for a bed that provides a balanced blend of relief and support … and so much cooling technology the company promises even the hottest of sleepers will stay frosty cool?
The coil and comfort systems inside the Arctic Dreams Hybrid are designed to do just that. Dreamfoam Bedding, a sister site to Brooklyn Bedding, relies on the company’s privately owned factory to ensure your new mattress is built with care from start to finish. The company is dedicated to providing quality products at an affordable price point that is accessible to all shoppers.
Our in-depth overview of Arctic Dreams Hybrid will take a look at the bed’s construction and features. We will also provide rankings based on comfort, quality, and many other important shopping considerations.
Read through the entire review for our detailed analysis of this bed. Or skip to the end for our final thoughts and scores.
For the original, check out the review of the Arctic Dreams mattress here.
You will love Arctic Hybrid if you:
- A hybrid feel with good bounce – This hybrid should provide a good balance between support and pressure relief that combines the best of an all-foam and innerspring feel. Sleepers should notice ample bounce and a quick responding foam that should aid in easy repositioning.
- Sleep hot – Cooling gels, an open-cell construction, and individually pocketed coils should promote airflow and cooling. This should prevent overheating and promote temperature regulation throughout the night.
- A Medium comfort level – Most sleepers should find this mattress feels like a Medium to Medium-Firm comfort level. This should be a versatile feel that should appeal to most position position preferences.
You might not like Arctic Hybrid if you:
- Prefer the deep hug of memory foam – This mattress should provide a gentle cradle that keeps sleepers closer to the top of the bed while still providing ample pressure relief. Those who prefer a deep memory foam hug might consider the company’s Sanctuary 13-Inch Plush Gel Memory Foam option.
If this doesn't sound like the option for you, check out our best beds list.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Arctic Dreams is a bed-in-a-box hybrid that combines foam and coils. This mattress should work well when used on any solid surface, including the floor, adjustable frames, or bases with slats no more than 3 or 4 inches apart. The company offers a proprietary metal frame, foundation, and 3 adjustable bases through their website.
The cover is a .75-inch Ultra-Soft Quilted Top that is designed to feel plush and reduce body impressions, reforming quickly and easily to promote easier repositioning so you should never feel “stuck” in the materials.
This mattress stands a total of 10 inches in height.
- The top layer holds Energex™ foam at 2.5 inches thick. You should feel gentle pressure relief and the foam should respond quickly. This material is infused with TitaniumGel™ and features an open-cell design to promote cooler sleeping.
- The middle layer contains an Ascension™ Coil system standing 6 inches in height. This system may hold up to 1,024 individually pocketed coils that are meant to provide solid support without allowing motion to travel throughout the bed.
- The bottom layer is a 1-inch High-Density Foam. This final layer should help to further absorb movement from the upper coils and should provide a stable base for the entire mattress.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Using our firmness comfort scale, we have determined this product to have a 5-6 ranking. This scale finds a mattress with a 1 rating to be very soft, while 10 should feel incredibly firm. The Hybrid should feel like a Medium to Medium-Firm comfort level to most sleepers.
The cover should feel plush and soft to the touch as it provides a gentle, pressure-relieving cradle. You should experience a little more support as the lower, springier Energex™ foam becomes activated, which should promote proper spinal alignment. The individually pocketed coils should stand firm under your weight, providing ample support.
You should notice moderate bounce from the springy Energex™ material and the coils below. The Energex™ should respond quickly, reforming easily as the sleeper moves around on top if it, making this product a good fit for combination sleepers who change position often throughout the night.
Most side sleepers should find the pressure relief provided by the upper comfort materials should reduce pushback in areas like the shoulders and hips that press into the mattress. Those who require a softer feel may consider Dreamfoam Bedding’s Sanctuary 13-Inch Plush Gel Memory Foam mattress.
Many stomach sleepers should find the firm coil system should keep the mid-section well supported, preventing the hips from sinking too deeply into the foam. This should promote proper spinal alignment and enhanced comfort for sleepers who prefer this position. Those looking for more enhanced support can check out the company’s Meridian 12-Inch Firm Gel Memory Foam option.
Back sleepers may vary between preferring soft, medium, or firm comfort and may explore the 9 comfort options provided by the company to find the one that suits them best. This mattress should provide a universal feel that appeals to most back sleepers.
The company recommends a weight limit of 600 pounds for this bed.
You may notice slight motion transfer on this mattress, as the springy Energex™ foam and coils allow more movement to travel through the bed than an all-foam construction should. The individually pocketed coils and foam layers should help to reduce motion as compared to a traditional innerspring bed. This may only be a consideration for exceptionally light sleepers, most should not find this to be an issue.
Many shoppers will not require enhanced edge support and do not mind the slight compression found in a bed-in-a-box product. People who share their bed with partners, children, or pets should find this mattress provides consistent support from side to side due to the combined support of the Energex™ and coil system.
- Trial Period – Shoppers may try out their new mattress using the 120-night sleep trial.
- Warranty – The company offers a 10-year warranty.
- Shipping – This product ships free within the 48 contiguous United States. An additional fee is required to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This item is certified to have low VOC emissions and safe, low levels of chemicals like formaldehyde.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38" x 75" x 10”||$219.99|
|Twin XL||38" x 80" x 10”||$249.99|
|Full||53" x 75" x 10”||$299.99|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 10”||$359.99|
|King||76" x 80" x 10”||$459.99|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 10”||$459.99|
Shoppers looking for a universal medium feel and a true hybrid experience should appreciate this comfortable and supportive bed.
This hybrid product combines the gentle pressure relief of foam with the solid support of coils. Shoppers should enjoy enhanced edge support and materials with good bounce and a quick response time.
After ordering your new bed, Dreamfoam will work with you to be sure that your new mattress is built specifically to suit your needs in the company’s privately owned factory.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.