Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Looking for a product that keeps both you and your community in mind?
Brentwood Home works to reduce their environmental impact and gives back to the community around them. This dedication is evident in their high-quality products designed to provide a luxurious experience without the high-end cost.
This Brentwood Home Oceano overview will provide insight into the materials and construction of this hybrid. We’ll also assign scores based on cooling, support, quality, and more.
Check out the entire review for a deep dive into the Oceano, or skip to the end for our wrap-up and rankings.
You will love Brentwood Home Oceano if you:
- Want a community-conscious product – The Oceano features two certifications promising a safe and clean product. Brentwood Home repurposes leftover materials to reduce environmental impact. The company will also donate a relief bed to those in need following a small customer donation.
- Prefer zoned comfort – The lower coil system features 5 comfort zones to offer varying levels of compression. This should allow buyers to retain even weight distribution and proper alignment of the spine regardless of their sleep position.
- Are looking for an affordable luxury product – Quality materials, cooling properties, zoned comfort, and enhanced support are all available without a hefty price tag.
You might not like Brentwood Home Oceano if you:
- Prefer a classic memory foam feel – If you’re looking for a classic memory foam experience with deep sinkage and an extra plush feel, this mattress may be a little too firm for your taste. You may consider the Oceano Memory Foam Mattress Topper, which is meant to provide a softer and cooler experience.
Or you can see our other top rated beds in 2020.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This is a hybrid utilizing coils, micro coils, and foam. The mattress can be placed on any solid surface, including adjustable frames and slatted bases with the slats no more than 5 inches apart to prevent the materials from sagging between the slats.
The cover is a Tencel Stretch-Knit fabric that is designed to feel plush and breathable. Untreated New Zealand Wool is placed just beneath the cover to promote moisture-wicking and temperature-regulation.
The overall height of this product is 14 inches.
- The top layer is a 2-inch Gel Memory Foam. This should provide pressure relief and promote cooling. There should be even weight distribution present, contributing to proper spinal alignment.
- The second layer contains Individually Wrapped Microcoils that are 2.5 inches tall. These coils are meant to compress or pushback independently under the sleeper’s weight to provide either support or pressure relief as-needed. The pocketed, wrapped design should reduce motion transfer by isolating and absorbing energy.
- The third layer consists of 2 inches of Airflux Foam. This is a thin layer of aerated foam that should promote airflow and a deeper level of contouring to further promote temperature control and pressure relief.
- The fourth layer is made up of Individually Wrapped Base Coils at 8 inches tall. This coil system features 5 comfort zones to provide more pushback or compression where your body needs it most. This system is also designed to react independently to your weight and position, which should help reduce motion transfer.
- The bottom layer utilizes a 1-inch Airflux Foam Base that should provide more airflow and energy absorption while creating a sturdy surface for the upper materials.
- The perimeter features reinforced springs to promote more a more stable edge.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
Our comfort scale assigns values between 1 and 10 to each mattress to determine how firm or soft they should feel to most shoppers. This system assumes that 1 is the softest feel and 10 is the firmest. This product scores a 5-6 on this scale, which should feel medium to medium-firm for most shoppers.
The cover should feel soft and temperature-neutral when touched. Lying on the mattress, shoppers should immediately experience contouring and pressure relief.
There should be good bounce provided the coil systems. The deeper levels should respond very quickly, while the memory foam layers may take longer to reform. Overall, the bounce and fast response from the deeper levels should allow combination sleepers to reposition easily and freely.
Most side sleepers should find the plush cover and memory foam sufficient in providing pressure relief. The zoned coils should allow enough give in the hips and shoulders to reduce pressure build-up in these areas. Those seeking enhanced relief may want to add the Oceano Memory Foam Mattress Topper for a plusher feel.
Most stomach sleepers should be well-supported by the two coil systems. However, because the zoned design allows more give in the hip area, this could cause improper spinal alignment for these shoppers. The Tulare 2-inch Firm Foam Topper could remedy this.
Back sleepers should enjoy good lumbar support and even weight distribution. The versatile medium or medium-firm comfort level should appeal to most shoppers with this position preference.
The company recommends a weight limit of 400 pounds for an individual or 650 pounds for couples.
This product should provide more motion control than a traditional innerspring, but may allow a more motion transfer than a traditional memory foam product. The individually pocketed coils and layers of foam should help to isolate some motion transfer, which should reduce some sleep disruption for people with restless partners. Overall, this item should work well for everyone except the most sensitive light sleepers.
The reinforced springs around the outer edges of this product should provide a consistent feel across the entire sleep surface. There should be minimal compression when lying on the edge, with a slightly deeper but still minimal compression when sitting. Couples should be able to spread out without worrying about tumbling out of bed.
- Charitable Donations – Brentwood Home accepts a small donation to put toward the building of a relief bed. The company will then cover the rest of the cost and donate the bed to shelter residents.
- Eco-Friendly Manufacturing – The company recycles leftover materials in their other products to reduce waste.
- Trial Period – Shoppers can test out this mattress for up to a full year.
- Warranty – The company offers an extended 25-year warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is free within the contiguous United States.
- Optional White Glove Delivery Service – For an addtional fee, you may elect to have professionals deliver and install your bed.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This certification indicates this product contains low levels of additives or chemicals like lead, nickel, or formaldehyde.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – The wool used in this item is safe for children under 3 years old.
- GREENGAURD Gold Certified – This a second certification promising low VOC emissions and chemicals like formaldehyde.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 14”||$995|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 14”||$1,195|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||$1,295|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$1,495|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$1,995|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$1,995|
|Split King||39” x 80” x 14” (x2)||$2,390|
The Oceano should be a great fit for most position preferences. Eco-friendly materials and enhanced support lend a lot of value to this luxury hybrid.
Shoppers looking personalized comfort should appreciate the zoned coils in this product. Cooling and temperature-controlling properties should ensure that buyers do not overheat as the pressure-relieving foam contours to the body. Enhanced edge support and good motion control should land this hybrid on any couple’s shopping list.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.