Are you ready to sail away to dreamland? Does Brentwood Home’s #1 best selling luxury hybrid sound like the best way to get you there?
The Oceano features plant-based BioFoam®, two layers of supportive coils, and organic wool and cotton to deliver luxurious sleep the way that nature intended.
This Brentwood Home Oceano overview will provide insight into the materials and construction of this hybrid. We’ll also assign scores based on cooling, support, quality, and more.
Check out the entire review for a deep dive into the Oceano, or skip to the end for our wrap-up and rankings.
Who Do We Think Matches With Brentwood Home Oceano?
- Eco-conscious folks – The Oceano features two certifications promising a safe and clean product. Brentwood Home repurposes leftover materials to reduce environmental impact. The company will also donate a relief bed to those in need following a small customer donation.
- Sleepers seeking zoned comfort – The lower coil system features 5 comfort zones to offer varying levels of compression. This should allow buyers to retain even weight distribution and proper alignment of the spine regardless of their sleep position.
- Affordable luxury shoppers – Quality materials, cooling properties, zoned comfort, and enhanced support are all available without a hefty price tag.
Possible Brentwood Home Oceano Complaints:
- It doesn’t have a classic memory foam feel – If you’re looking for a classic memory foam experience with deep sinkage and an extra plush feel, this mattress may be a little too firm for your taste. You may consider the Oceano Memory Foam Mattress Topper, which is meant to provide a softer and cooler experience.
Construction: What’s inside Brentwood Home Oceano?
This is a hybrid utilizing coils, micro-coils, and foam. The cover is a plant-based Tencel™ stretch-knit fabric that is designed to feel plush and breathable. Untreated New Zealand Wool is placed just beneath the cover to promote moisture-wicking and temperature-regulation.
The overall height of this product is 14 inches.
- The top layer is made from CertiPUR-US® certified gel memory foam with plant-based BioFoam®. This should provide pressure relief and promote cooling. There should be even weight distribution present, contributing to proper spinal alignment.
- The second layer contains individually wrapped microcoils that are 2.5 inches tall. These coils are meant to compress or pushback independently under the sleeper’s weight to provide either support or pressure relief as-needed. The pocketed, wrapped design should reduce motion transfer by isolating and absorbing energy.
- The third layer consists of 1-inch of Airflux Foam. This is a thin layer of aerated foam that should promote airflow and a deeper level of contouring to further promote temperature control and pressure relief.
- The fourth layer is made up of individually wrapped base coils at 8 inches tall. This coil system features five comfort zones to provide more pushback or compression where your body needs it most. This system is also designed to react independently to your weight and position, which should help reduce motion transfer.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
Your handcrafted new mattress is made in sunny California and ships directly to your door, roll-packed in a Brentwood Home branded box.
Unpacking your new bed should be easy, but if you need a hand, the company offers optional white-glove delivery to assist with set-up and/or removal of your old mattress.
The cover should feel soft and temperature-neutral when touched. Lying on the mattress, you should immediately experience contouring and pressure relief.
There should be good bounce provided by the coil systems. The deeper levels should respond very quickly, while the memory foam layers may take longer to reform. Overall, the bounce and fast response from the deeper levels should allow combination sleepers to reposition easily and freely.
Firmness Scale: 5-6/10
Softness with some sinkage is essential for cradling your body’s curves and contouring beneath the heavier areas where excess pressure can develop. Oceano’s approach to pressure relief starts with a comforting pillow-top featuring luxurious poly silk fiber, organic certified wool, and cooling memory foam blended with plant-based BioFoam®.
Like traditional memory foam, this blended material offers that deep hug that foam lovers crave—but with healthier materials.
Oceano has not just one but two separate support systems to keep your spine aligned. Beneath the pillow-top is a thin layer of micro-coils to further offer relief from heavier areas and to support lighter areas from sinking in too deeply. The second innerspring layer features individually pocketed coils that compress independently so you get the pushback support for your spine without compromising relief on areas like the shoulders and hips.
Optional White-Glove Delivery
While shipping is free, a Queen size can weigh upwards of 135 pounds! If you’re living solo or just need a helping hand, the brand offers optional delivery assistance to help with setting up your new mattress and/or removal of your old one for an additional fee.
Like many online mattress retailers, Brentwood Home ships Oceano rolled and compressed in a box for easy delivery. This contactless delivery method is convenient, safer, and cuts down on costs (saving you money).
The plush top layer features organic cotton, organic wool, luxurious poly silk fiber, and cooling gel memory foam blended with plant-based BioFoam®.
Hybrids are known for helping to regulate temperature through the coil systems which allow greater airflow. Oceano also features cooling gel BioFoam® featuring open-cell technology that wicks away heat and allows it to escape.
Exceptional Edge Support
The reinforced springs around the outer edges of this product should provide a consistent feel across the entire sleep surface. There should be minimal compression when lying on the edge, with a slightly deeper but still minimal compression when sitting. Couples should be able to spread out without worrying about tumbling out of bed.
Great Motion Isolation
This product should provide more motion control than a traditional innerspring but may allow a more motion transfer than a traditional memory foam product. The individually pocketed coils and layers of foam should help to isolate some motion transfer, which should reduce some sleep disruption for people with restless partners. Overall, this item should work well for everyone except the most sensitive light sleepers.
Having two coil layers provides a good amount of bounce and responsiveness that should help with repositioning. This is also very useful for individuals with mobility issues to help with getting in and out of bed.
From cover to base, this mattress is made using certified organic materials, plant-based materials, recycled steel, and features multiple eco-conscious certifications.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The mattress can be placed on any solid surface, including adjustable frames and slatted bases with the slats no more than five inches apart to prevent the materials from sagging between the slats.
Handcrafted in the USA
This certification indicates this product contains low levels of additives or chemicals, like lead, nickel, or formaldehyde.
GOTS Organic Certified Product
The factory and some materials (cotton and wool) are certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard, verifying they are using renewable and sustainable resources and that these are ethically and responsibly sourced.
This certification means that the entire bed went through scientific testing in environmental chambers to meet one of the world’s most rigorous emissions standards. This certifies safe levels of chemical pollutants, including phthalates, formaldehyde, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
The wool is certified by OEKO-TEX, which is one of the world’s best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free within the contiguous United States.
- Trial - Shoppers can test out this mattress for up to a full year.
- Warranty - The company offers an extended 25-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 14”||$995|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 14”||$1,195|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||$1,295|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$1,495|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$1,995|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$1,995|
|Split King||39” x 80” x 14” (x2)||$2,390|
The Oceano should be a great fit for most position preferences. Eco-friendly materials and enhanced support lend a lot of value to this luxury hybrid.
Most side sleepers should find the plush cover and memory foam sufficient in providing pressure relief. The zoned coils should allow enough give in the hips and shoulders to reduce pressure build-up in these areas. Those seeking enhanced relief may want to add the Oceano Memory Foam Mattress Topper for a plusher feel.
Back sleepers should enjoy good lumbar support and even weight distribution. The versatile medium or medium-firm comfort level should appeal to most shoppers with this position preference.
The responsive dual-coil systems should aid repositioning for combination sleepers who change positions frequently throughout the night. The medium firmness and balance of pressure relief and support should make this bed feel comfy regardless of which position combo sleepers end up in.
This mattress has all of the features that couples need and love. Cooling, good edge support, bounce, and motion isolation should make this a good fit for most couples. The ability to split the King size also allows couples with different needs to have their individual needs met.
The company recommends a weight limit of 400 pounds for an individual or 650 pounds for couples. While hybrids are more durable and supportive for folks with weight considerations, most heavy sleepers will likely find this a tad too soft. Adding the Tulare Firm Topper may be an option for these sleepers.
Sleepers on the lighter side should be very pleased with the plush pillow-top layer that allows their slender frames to sink into. Being on the softer side means that lighter folks should be able to sink in deeply enough to experience pressure relief and support from the dual-coil layers. Lighter side sleepers may even want to add a soft topper for added plushness.
Shoppers looking for personalized comfort should appreciate the zoned coils in this product. Cooling and temperature-controlling properties should ensure that buyers do not overheat as the pressure-relieving foam contours to the body. Enhanced edge support and good motion control should land this hybrid on any couple’s shopping list.
Brentwood Homes believes that luxury and eco-friendly materials should be attainable for all shoppers. With cooling BioFoam®, organic certifications, and plant-based materials, Oceano promotes health for sleepers and the planet.
You want to browse more? See our top 12 list of beds for this year here!