Brentwood Home’s #1 best-selling luxury hybrid could be your ticket to the best sleep of your life.
The Oceano mattress features a variety of eco-conscious and top-quality materials to deliver luxurious sleep the way that nature intended.
This comprehensive Brentwood Home Oceano overview will provide insight into all the materials and construction of this hybrid. We’ll also give a thorough analysis of how we feel this bed performs regarding specialty features such as cooling, edge support, and motion. With the help of this guide, you can decide if the Oceano is the bed for you.
Check out the entire review for a deep dive into the Oceano, or skip to the end for our wrap-up and rankings.
Excellent Matches For Oceano
- Eco-conscious folks – The Oceano features four certifications promising a safe and clean product. Brentwood Home repurposes leftover materials to reduce environmental impact. The company will also donate to the National Forest Foundation each time a mattress is sold on their site.
- Sleepers seeking zoned comfort – The lower coil system features seven comfort zones to offer varying levels of compression. This should allow buyers to retain even weight distribution and proper alignment of the spine regardless of their sleep position.
- Affordable luxury shoppers – Quality materials, cooling properties, zoned comfort, and enhanced support are all available without a hefty price tag.
Possible Oceano Considerations:
- It doesn’t have a classic memory foam feel – Although this bed is constructed with foam, it also includes two sets of coils, providing the sleeper with a hybrid mattress. Hybrids are popular because they provide a 2-in-1experience. However, folks who are used to sleeping on all-foam beds may need some time to get used to the feel of coils and foam working together. The great news is that Brentwood Home offers a very generous trial period of a full year to test out this mattress before fully committing to it, giving you plenty of time to decide if you enjoy the feel of a luxury hybrid mattress.
Construction: What’s Inside the Oceano?
The cover is a plant-based Tencel™ fabric produced from Eucalyptus trees designed to feel plush and breathable. Certified organic wool from India is placed just beneath the cover to promote moisture-wicking and temperature regulation.
The overall height of this product is 14 inches.
- Below the cover is a layer of natural poly-silk fiber that provides the bed with added breathability.
- The second layer is made from CertiPUR-US® certified memory foam with plant-based BioFoam®. This should provide pressure relief and promote cooling as it contours to your shape and evenly distributes your weight.
- The first innerspring unit contains individually wrapped micro comfort coils that are 2.5 inches tall. These coils are meant to compress or push back independently under the sleeper’s weight to provide either support or pressure relief as needed. The pocketed, wrapped design should reduce motion transfer by isolating and absorbing energy.
- Below the micro-coils is 1-inch of Airflux Foam. This is a thin layer of aerated foam that should deliver airflow and a deeper level of contouring to further promote temperature control and pressure relief.
- The bottom coil layer is made up of individually wrapped support coils that are 8 inches tall. This coil system features seven comfort zones to provide more pushback or compression where your body needs it most. This system is also designed to react independently to your weight and position, which should help reduce motion transfer. With a reinforced perimeter, this layer should also promote edge support throughout the bed.
- The foam base is a 1-inch premium base support foam. The highly dense foam gives the bed durability.
- The bottom layer is an organic cotton canvas base. This 100 percent organic material helps prevent sliding throughout the mattress.
First Impression: How Does It Feel?
After unpacking your mattress, it should be ready to sleep on in 24 hours.
The cover should feel soft and temperature-neutral when touched. Lying on the mattress, you should immediately experience contouring and pressure relief.
The coil systems should provide good bounce. The deeper levels should respond very quickly, while the memory foam layers may take longer to reform. Overall, the bounce and fast response from the deeper levels should allow combination sleepers to reposition easily and freely.
Firmness Scale: 5-6/10 (Medium)
When lying on a bed, your weight will gather in certain areas, creating pressure that may become uncomfortable without the right mattress to help. Softness with some sinkage is essential for cradling your body’s curves and contouring beneath the heavier areas where excess pressure can develop.
Oceano’s approach to pressure relief starts with a cooling memory foam blended with plant-based BioFoam®. Like traditional memory foam, this blended material offers that deep hug that foam lovers crave—but with healthier materials.
Just below the memory foam layer, the individually wrapped micro coils are designed to provide exceptional responsiveness and comfort.
Lastly, a third comfort layer targeting pressure relief is underneath the micro coils. Not only is the Air Luxe Foam CertiPUR-US® certified, but it is also designed to be more airy and cool, which should help keep you from overheating during the night.
To ward off chronic pain, your mattress should provide optimum support to keep your spine in a neutral position. Oceano has not just one but two separate support systems to keep your spine aligned.
The second innerspring layer features 8-inch individually pocketed coils that compress independently, so you get the pushback support for your spine without compromising relief on areas like the shoulders and hips. This unit is made with seven support zones for the places where you need it most.
Below this coil unit, the highly-dense Premium Base Support Foam also assures your spine is well-supported.
Like many online mattress retailers, Brentwood Home ships Oceano rolled and compressed in a box for easy delivery. This contactless delivery method is convenient, safer, and cuts down on costs (saving you money).
Optional White-Glove Delivery
If you’re living alone or just need a helping hand, the brand offers optional delivery assistance to help with setting up your new mattress for an additional fee. Removal of your old mattress is available in some areas.
Hybrids are known for helping to regulate temperature through the coil systems, which allow greater airflow. Oceano also features cooling gel BioFoam® and a Tencel cover, both designed to wick away heat.
Exceptional Edge Support
The reinforced springs around the outer edges of this product should provide a consistent feel across the entire sleep surface. There should be minimal compression when lying on the edge, with a slightly deeper but still minimal compression when sitting.Couples should be able to spread out without worrying about tumbling out of bed.
The individually pocketed coils and layers of foam should help isolate some motion transfer, reducing sleep disruption for people with restless partners. Overall, this item should work well for everyone. However, light sleepers who are very sensitive to movement may want to consider the company’s all-foam Cypress mattress.
Having two coil layers provides a good amount of bounce and responsiveness that should help with repositioning. This is also very useful for individuals with mobility issues to help with getting in and out of bed.
From cover to base, this mattress is made using certified organic materials, plant-based materials, recycled steel, and features multiple eco-conscious certifications.
Adjustable Base Compatible
The mattress can be placed on any solid surface, including adjustable frames and slatted bases in which the slats are no more than five inches apart to prevent the materials from sagging between the slats.
Handcrafted in the USA
- Eco-Friendly Certifications - This product is CertiPUR-US® certified, which indicates the mattress contains low levels of additives or chemicals, like lead, nickel, or formaldehyde. This bed is also GREENGUARD Gold certified for low emissions.
- Certified Natural Materials - The cotton and wool in this product are GOTS-certified, which means they meet the international third-party standard to be certified organic.
Coupons, Trials, Warranties, and Shipping
- Shipping - Shipping is free and only available within the contiguous United States.
- White-Glove Delivery - Professional installation is available for an additional fee. Removal of your old mattress is available in some areas.
- Trial - Shoppers can test out this mattress for up to a full year.
- Warranty - The company offers a 25-year warranty.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 14”||$999|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 14”||$1,199|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||$1,299|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||$1,499|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||$1,999|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 14”||$1,999|
|Split King||39” x 80” x 14” (x2)||$2,398|
The Oceano should be an excellent fit for most position preferences. Eco-friendly materials and enhanced support lend a lot of value to this luxury hybrid.
Most side sleepers should find the plush cover and memory foam sufficient in providing pressure relief. The zoned coils should allow enough give in the hips and shoulders to reduce pressure build-up in these areas. Those seeking enhanced relief may want to add the Oceano Memory Foam Mattress Topper for a softer feel.
Back sleepers should enjoy good lumbar support and even weight distribution thanks to the zoned support in the bottom coils, along with the dense support foam. The versatile medium or medium-firm comfort level should appeal to most sleepers with this position preference.
The responsive dual-coil systems should aid repositioning for combination sleepers who change positions frequently throughout the night. The medium firmness, plus the balance of pressure relief and support, should make this bed feel comfy regardless of which position combo sleepers end up in.
This mattress has all of the features that couples need and love. Cooling, good edge support, bounce, and motion isolation should make this a good fit for most couples. The ability to split the King size also allows couples with different needs to have their individual needs met.
The company recommends a weight limit of 400 pounds for an individual or 650 pounds for couples. While hybrids are more durable and supportive for folks with weight considerations, most heavy sleepers will likely find this a tad too soft. Adding the Tulare Firm Topper may be an option for these sleepers.
Sleepers on the lighter side should be very pleased with the plush pillow-top layer that allows their slender frames to sink into. Being on the softer side means that lighter folks should be able to sink in deeply enough to experience pressure relief and support from the dual-coil layers. Lighter side sleepers may even want to add a soft topper for added plushness.
Shoppers looking for personalized comfort should appreciate the zoned coils in this product. Cooling and temperature-controlling properties should ensure that buyers do not overheat as the pressure-relieving foam contours to the body. Enhanced edge support and good motion control should land this hybrid on any couple’s shopping list.
You want to browse more? See our top 12 list of beds for this year here!