Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Partnering with the English soccer team Manchester United, MLily brands themselves as the company made to “fit the [sleeping] needs of a world-class athlete,” now available to anyone. Their mattresses are specifically designed to help users get the deep sleep they need in order to perform at their peak all day long.
Selling six different mattress series each with multiple material options, MLily aims to offer a bed for many specific needs. This review will specifically focus on the Fusion Luxe model, a hybrid of foam and springs. In our in-depth MLily Fusion Luxe mattress overview, we will be rating this product using our unique scoring system that pinpoints features such as motion transfer, firmness, and edge support.
Continue reading for a closer look, or skip to the end for an overview.
You will love Fusion Luxe if you:
- Are a couple – The reinforced edge support is great for those who share the bed and want more room on the surface of the mattress. It also performs well in motion transfer, so light sleepers should not feel their partner repositioning throughout the night.
- Are an athlete or are highly active – This product will help relieve pressure in joints that many athletes and active people feel because of the medium-soft firmness level.
- Want a luxury mattress – Sleepers will feel luxurious contouring around their body because of the high-quality foam, and the pocket spring system and temperature-regulating technology infused into the layers should keep them cool all night long.
You might not like Fusion Luxe if you:
- Want something budget-friendly – This bed has a lot of luxurious features, but it is more on the expensive side, especially compared to other bed-in-a-box competitors. However, MLily does offer similar mattresses for slightly more affordable prices.
But if you'd like to see something different head over to our lost of top beds for 2020 right here.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Luxe is a hybrid construction foam and spring mattress that is compressed in a box and delivered to your door. This bed performs best on a firm, flat foundation, such as a box spring or a platform frame.
The first thing you will notice is the removable high-quality knit cover made of polyester, spandex, and polyethylene. Polyethylene is considered a phase-change material that keeps you cool in the summer and comfortable in the winter. The cover encases the bed with a nice stretch.
The mattress is made with three 1.5-inch layers of temperature-regulating foam that rest on top of a pocketed coil support system.
- The first layer is MLily Gel Air Cell memory foam infused with Air Cell Technology. This comfort layer should allow you to sink into the surface without feeling too warm.
- The second layer is comprised of MLily Smart Foam, similar to latex, which helps give the mattress a good bounce and is breathable and flexible.
- The third layer is a firmer polyfoam that functions as a transition between the softer top two layers and the spring base. It uses a Zoned Aero-Flex design to encourage airflow, which has pockets of firmer foam to encourage spine alignment.
- The fourth layer supports the bed with an individually pocketed coil system. The 6.3-inch layer is surrounded by a high-density polyfoam Flex Support Border.
- The fifth layer serves as a base to the mattress, made of 1.5 inches of Flex Support foam. This gives something for the coils to push off and adds some overall support.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
On our firmness scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest, we rated this bed a five, putting it in the medium, medium-soft range. It should also be noted that the brand offers many other mattress lines with varying levels of firmness.
Underneath the cool, stretchy knit cover lies three layers of soft yet supportive foam. The top comfort layer provides the feeling of a deeper hug, contouring to your body as you sink in, while the latex-like second layer, along with the pocketed coil support, gives the mattress some comfortable bounce. The quicker response of the MLily Smart Foam and spring system should allow you to reposition easily and still feel the softness of the memory foam.
Most back sleepers should notice their weight evenly distributed, and those who like a softer mattress should still feel well-supported.
Most side sleepers should love the softness of this bed and feel pressure relief in the shoulder and hip area, especially if they are a bit curvier.
Some stomach sleepers will find comfortable spine alignment with a soft yet supportive sinking feeling. Exclusive or heavier stomach sleepers may feel better served on a firmer mattress because their hips might sink to the soft foam, causing their backs to arch over time.
Those who do not like the feeling of sinking into bed may want to look elsewhere.
Many traditional spring mattresses perform poorly because of the bounce that they offer. This hybrid bed absorbs motion well; while you should still feel a comfortable push back from the slight bounce in the springs, the foam and individually pocketed coil system will conform to your body so movements do not travel, allowing both you and your partner an undisturbed sleep.
Coiled mattresses tend to provide great edge support, and the Luxe is no exception. The added high-density polyfoam border limits compression, and you should find no problems feeling unsupported when sleeping or sitting close to the edge.
- Multiple Firmness Feels and Options – MLily has six mattress series with multiple price options and materials to choose from.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foam layers meet rigorous environmental safety standards as determined by CertiPUR-US.
- OEKO-TEX® Certified – The materials used to make this bed have been tested for harmful chemicals and have been deemed safe.
The Fusion Luxe offers luxury features with a memory foam feel that stays cool.
Note: We did not include Trial/Warranty scores due to Amazon Associates Program stipulations.
MLily’s Fusion Luxe is a medium-soft hybrid spring and foam mattress that uses phase-change and cooling technology to keep sleepers cool while still providing sinking comfort. Side sleepers, in particular, should find pressure relief in the shoulders and hips, but stomach sleepers may want to find a firmer option, especially if they are heavier than average.
While this bed offers a lot of great features, it is more expensive than many competitors; however, the materials and quality reflect the price point, and if you are willing to shell out the cash, you should feel like you made a good investment.