Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Brooklyn Bedding has an impressive dozen mattresses as part of their bedding arsenal. The company intends to make a sleeping option that can fit the needs of every individual. With Zoned, their target is side sleepers.
Side sleepers often struggle to find a mattress that can relieve strain from their hips and shoulders. These parts of the body plunge a higher concentrated weight onto a smaller surface area, leaving these areas sore and sleepers not very well rested.
But can a bed designed for side sleepers accommodate all positions?
Our in-depth overview of the Zoned bed rates this mattress in areas like pressure relief, comfort, and overall purchasing value- in not just one, but all three of the most common sleep positions.
Check out our entire article to get the full scoop, or if you are in a hurry, peruse on down our summary and scoring to get the most important details.
You will love Zoned Mattress if you:
- Are a side sleeper – This product was made with your needs in mind. A bed that manages optimal spinal alignment is often hard for side sleepers to find because of an increase in weight over a small surface area that builds up in their shoulders and hips. With the Zoned, both these areas sink through the foams and find comfortable support with the zoned coils beneath that function to level out the body.
- Want pressure relief – The soft foam on top transition heavier parts of the body into the flexible zoned coil unit beneath. This layer targets pressure in multiple positions by using a variety of gauged coil strengths that provide relief to specific parts of your body.
- Enjoy some bounce – Keep the kids away because they might have too much fun jumping around on this springy mattress. Not only does this bed have coils, but the second layer is 2 inches of TitanFlex™, the company’s latex alternative that comfortably conforms but is also very responsive to pressure. The combination of these materials makes this bed great for repositioning and sexual activities.
You might not like Zoned Mattress if you:
- Want strictly memory foam – This product has 1-inch of memory foam on top that works as a great comfort layer. An all memory foam option typically administers uniform firmness over the entire sleeping surface, allowing various parts of the body to sink into the sleeping surface at different increments. Unlike a memory foam bed, the springs in this product were designed to target specific areas of your anatomy which should allow for optimal pressure relief.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Zoned ships compressed in a box and should be relatively easy set up from there. A number of foundation types work with this bed: non-flexible box springs, metal foundations, slatted platform frames with slats that are no more than 4 inches apart, and adjustable frames. Available on the brand's website are some of their own foundations that have been built to work specifically with their products.
The height of this product is 13 inches tall. Quilted into the top cotton cover is 1 inch of gel memory foam. This soft material provides relaxing comfort as you fall asleep each night. Embedded inside is a soothing gel that should help keep the body cool.
- The first layer is 2 inches of TitanFlex™. This responsive foam provides simple repositioning and more importantly fosters a mid-level comfort that contours your shape.
- The second layer is 8 inches of Quantum™ Edge Zoned Pocket Coils. The head, middle, and foot of this layer of the bed are divided into three zones for controlled spinal alignment. The middle section has springs that are 48% more firm to deliver optimal support, while the top and bottom of the bed are the contouring zones, designed to foster deep compression support for the head, neck, shoulders, knees, and feet. The perimeter of the bed is equipped with reinforced coils that provide this bed with excellent edge support.
- The bottom is 2 inches of high-density base foam that supports the top layers and protects the bottom of the mattress from external damage.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We scored this product within our Medium range at a 5 on our scale of 1 to 10, with 10 representing the absolute firmest option possible.
Read more: Our firmness guide and chart
Because the hips are the heaviest areas of most sleeper’s bodies, Brooklyn Bedding designed the middle of their mattress to be 48% stronger than the top and bottom ends. The flex in firmnesses throughout this bed work in union to give you the feeling of sinking into a gentle cradle. This calculated mix of firmnesses throughout the bed should help you to feel properly aligned and leave you resting comfortably cradled in this bed’s soft cushioning.
You should immediately notice that there is a good deal of bounce inside this mattress. It should feel easy to push off and makes repositioning a snap.
Most back sleepers should feel the memory foam conform to their lumbar while strengthened support from the middle and base layers should keep their body well-aligned. Those who prefer sleeping on a bed with an overall firmer support may want to try a different option.
Side sleepers should gain the most from this bed. The pocketed coils target pressure relief in the heavier areas of the human anatomy, allowing for increased pressure relief and painless rest.
Considering the middle of this model is firmer than the top and bottom, most stomach sleepers should rest comfortably without feeling their hips dipping too low into the foams, which can sometimes force the body into an awkward angle. Some heavier people might find this mattresses’ overall feel to be too soft want to try out a mattress with firmer support.
This product should work well for most body types and sleeping positions. The company does indicate that the Full through King sized options of this product have a weight limit of 800 pounds. Those that fall outside of this range might want to try out Brooklyn Bedding’s Titan Mattress.
If your partner cannot stay still at night, there is no reason you should also have to experience their every toss and turn. A bed with good motion isolation grounds movement to one side of the sleeping surface so you can rest undisturbed.
A clever mix of memory foam and pocket coils in the Zoned Mattress make it so you stay asleep without ever knowing your partner was up at night. Pocket coils are individually wrapped and separated from other the coils for the purpose of anchoring motion.
Edge support is something else you are going to want to consider if you share a bed. Flimsy edges can make some folks feel like they are going to fall onto the floor. This should be a non-issue with Zoned Mattress as it has higher gauge coils that reinforce the perimeter, enabling you to lie down or sit on the edge without any serious sagging.
- Trial Period – A 120-night trial permits customers to return their purchase to the company for a full refund if they are not satisfied with their product.
- Warranty – A 10-year warranty is provided when purchasing this product.
- Shipping – Shipping is free to the contiguous United States. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or Canada is available for an additional fee.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams in this product have been tested and are free from harmful amounts of toxic substances, ozone depleters, and metals.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 13”||$899|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 13”||$949|
|Full||54” x 75” x 13”||$1,099|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 13”||$1,249
|King||76” x 80” x 13”||$1,499|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 13”||$1,499
Zoned Mattress is a great design and side sleepers should especially find that this bed targets troublesome pressure points allowing them to wake up free of hip or shoulder pain.
The amount of focus that Brooklyn Bedding has put into targeting the needs of sleepers is a noteworthy characteristic for a mattress company. Time and time again they release products that provide exceptional pressure relief and support for every type of individual.
The brand gives side sleepers a reason to rejoice as they roll out their Zoned mattress all over the country. This product targets their needs by providing excellent pressure relief that should allow them to rest painlessly for many years to come while still feeling comfortable should they want to try out other positions.