Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Is it possible to experience pressure relieving sinkage without that “stuck” feeling? Can a single mattress satisfy those of all preferences while bringing together both foam and coil loving sleepers?
Yaasa works hard to adapt to their customer’s needs with the goal of providing the ultimate sleep experience for everyone. The ONE is designed to provide a universal feel that should satisfy sleepers of all kinds. The company has streamlined their design to provide a more budget-friendly introduction to their brand.
This in-depth look at the Yaasa ONE will explore the hybrid qualities of this combination mattress. We’ll provide ratings based on firmness, edge support, value, and more.
Read the entire review for a comprehensive look at this product and its qualities, or skip to the end for ratings a wrap-up of the bed’s main features.
You will love the Yaasa ONE if you:
- Like a lot of bounce – A responsive transition layer and individually pocketed coils should provide enhanced bounce throughout the entire bed. This is ideal for combination sleepers and those who move around a lot as the bounce should make repositioning easier.
- Prefer a Medium feel – You should feel a soft, enveloping comfort from the quilted cover and a firmer support from the base layer and coils below. This versatile combination should come together in a Medium comfort level that most sleepers can enjoy.
- Want a hybrid experience – Yaasa ONE offers a hybrid experience that encapsulates the best of two worlds. Pocketed coils should provide the airflow and bounce, while the upper layers should provide pressure relieving contouring.
You might not like the Yaasa ONE if you:
- Have significant weight concerns – Those with significant weight concerns may find themselves sinking too deeply through the foam layers to the innersprings below and compromising spine alignment. Particularly heavier sleepers, those over 220 pounds, may want to consider Yaasa’s Firm mattress, instead.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Yaasa ONE is a hybrid foam and innerspring mattress. This item can be used on any frame and does not require a box spring. Proprietary adjustable bed frames can be purchased on Yaasa’s website.
Cooling Infinity Foam has been infused directly into the quilted cover, which should provide a cool, contoured sleep experience. Kevlar stitching is incorporated for durability.
The mattress is a total of 10 inches tall.
- The first layer is made up of 2 inches of Hybrid Transition Foam. This layer should offer comfort and pressure relief while preventing you from feeling the springs beneath.
- The second layer contains a 6-inch, Edge-To-Edge Coil System with individually pocketed springs. This should help reduce motion transfer and allow air to flow freely to prevent heat from becoming trapped in the upper comfort layers.
- The third layer is comprised of 3 inches of High-Density Support Foam for durability.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We give this mattress a 6.5 on our firmness scale, where 10 would be rock solid and 1 would be light as a feather. This leaves this item as Medium-Firm, which should be a comfortable level for most sleepers.
Those who like to sleep “in” the mattress should enjoy the contouring cradle of the Soft foam quilted into the cover. The first two layers should respond somewhat quickly, which should allow them to reshape easily as you move around, preventing you from feeling stuck.
The individually pocketed coils should provide enhanced bounce throughout the mattress. This should allow you to move easily despite the upper layers’ initial cradling.
Combination sleepers should enjoy the enhanced bounce provided by the springs, which should help them to change positions easily.
Most back sleepers should experience pressure relieving lumbar support thanks to the contouring nature of the cover. The Edge-To-Edge coil system should accommodate your weight and keep the spine neutral as you sleep.
Side sleepers should experience pressure relief in the heavier areas of the body, such as the hips and shoulders, which should prevent them from experiencing aches and pains as these heavier areas of the body push into the mattress. Side sleepers with significant weight concerns may want to consider Yaasa’s Firm mattress to prevent sinking too deeply to the coils beneath the foam.
Most stomach sleepers should feel well-supported by the Medium-Firmness level of this bed. Those who need enhanced springs can try out Yaasa’s Firm mattress, but the neutral spine alignment and firm support of the inner pocketed springs should keep most stomach sleepers sleeping comfortably.
Sleepers of most types should be comfortable on this bed, with its Medium-Firm feel that incorporates elements of a Soft sleep experience thanks to the contouring qualities of the upper layers.
Those over 220 pounds may not find adequate support on this bed. The company recommends those with significant weight concerns consider the Yaasa Firm bed.
Innerspring mattresses often experience a lot of motion transfer, as vibrations bounce and carry throughout the coils and potentially disturb a sleeping partner. On the other side of this, foam beds are known to absorb energy, minimizing disruptions due to movement. This product works to minimize motion transfer through the use of energy absorbing foam layers, and the individually pocketed coils that should prevent the entire system from reacting to movement as a single unit.
Edge support can be a matter of preference. Many shoppers may not take this into consideration when buying a bed, while those who prefer to sprawl out or who share their mattress with others may want to make the most of their entire sleep surface.
The edge support in this mattress is around average for what we expect from hybrid bed-in-a-box brands and a touch stronger than many all-foam choices. There is more compression when sitting versus lying down on the edge, and those on the very edge may notice a difference in support. Lying on the side normally, you should feel secure.
- Trial Period – Shoppers can test out their Yaasa ONE bed for 100 nights.
- Warranty – This product comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Shipping – Yaasa ships free in the United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams inside this product are all certified to be free of harmful metals and chemicals.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||$549|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||$599|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$899|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$999|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$999|
The Yaasa ONE provides a more universal Medium, hybrid experience that should satisfy most sleep preferences.
Yaasa strives to deliver an individualized sleep experience that adapts itself to your needs.
The company's dedication to the consumer shows through the unique qualities of this hybrid bed that provide both a coiled mattress and a foam bed feel. The Soft upper foam layers should provide a contouring foam feel while the Edge-To-Edge Coil System should offer airflow and bounce.
The company’s focus on customer service, along with this product’s ability to please most sleepers, gives the ONE a lot of value.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.