Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Do you love memory foam but are tired of waking up drenched in sweat? Does memory foam make you feel like your stuck and cannot get out of bed?
When Dan Hauber established Wright Bedding in 2013, he set out to create the type of company he would buy from. It took two years of research and development, an army of testers, and 27 rounds of prototyping to develop the W1.27 Mattress: a bed designed to deliver balanced comfort, support, responsiveness, and breathability.
This in-depth review of the Wright W1.27 Mattress takes you on a tour through the foam layers of this product and evaluates its comfort, support, and overall value.
Keep reading for more details, or if you are short on time, scroll to the end to read our summary and score.
You will love this mattress if you:
- Want memory foam – This product has 3 layers of memory material that provide a soft and slow contouring experience that many have come to love.
- Are a side sleeper – Side sleepers seek out exceptional pressure relief because of the increased tension build up over a small surface area that occurs in the hips, shoulders, and legs. This product’s multiple comfort layers help relieve that pressure by producing a deep cradle that relieves stress and strain for these individuals.
- Sleep hot – The 3Below™ Gel Foam has been specially designed to keep the mattress cooler by dispersing the sleepers body heat through the material.
You might not like this mattress if you:
- Want a traditional innerspring feel – Some people love innerspring mattresses because of their enhanced bounce and airflow, but a noteworthy attribute of the W1.27 is its ability to regulate temperature with its breathable materials and multiple layers that give this bed exceptional support.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Wright W1.27 ships to your home compressed in a box. Unique among online mattress retailers, Wright provides free White Glove home delivery and installation. As an added bonus they will remove your old mattress for no additional charge.
This product works on any firm, flat surface, including an adjustable base. The company offers several compatible foundations on their web page.
The cover is made from a breathable cotton polyester blend. It is ventilated in order to facilitate additional airflow, keeping both you and the mattress cool during those hot summer nights. It zips off for easy spot cleaning, but the manufacturer recommends a dry cleaner for a full wash.
- The first layer is 1.5 inches of 3Below™ gel-infused memory foam. This is fully breathable, designed so all the tiny air pockets connect, making this an open-cel material that includes heat-wicking gel beads designed to disperse body heat over the entire surface. This top comfort layer contours to the body’s shape, leaving sleepers in a cool and comfortable deep cradle that should relieve pressure areas.
- The second layer is 2 inches of polymer-reinforced ZeroG™ Foam. This layer has been set with thick cell walls around each air pocket, improving the responsiveness and durability of the foam. This tech gives the bed more bounce for repositioning. This layer further relieves pressure by delivering a mid-level contour to the body’s curves
- The third layer is 1.5 inches of polymer-reinforced ZeroG™ Foam. This layer provides firmness that eases repositioning as well as provides deeper level support.
- The base layer is 6 inches of Density Base Poly Foam. This is the support center of this mattress. It takes on the weight of the sleeper and comfortably reinforces the top three layers.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We scored this mattress at a 5 out of 10 on our firmness scale. A 1 represents lying on a cloud while a 10 might as well be a rock. This mattress falls in our Medium range, but it is important to remember that firmness is subjective.
Right out of the box, this product feels like the luxury it is branded to be. With five inches of memory material on top, this mattress has the traditional feel that many sleepers long for. It allows sleepers to sink into a deep hug that should keep them dreaming peacefully through the night.
The top layer has the slow response time that people tend to associate with memory foam. Because the ZeroG™ Foam was designed to be slightly more firm and has a quicker response, this bed allows sleepers to move around freely without ever feeling like they are stuck in the bed.
Although it may feel like you are lying more inside this mattress rather than floating on top, the cooling properties this bed offers help to keep you comfortable during the night. Memory foam is known for trapping heat next to the body, but the interconnecting air pockets and gel particles regulate temperature by dispersing body heat over the surface and not trapped up next to you.
The Wright W1.27 should be great for just about any sleeping position, including combination sleepers who like to switch it up because of its moderate bounce and responsiveness.
Back sleepers are well supported by the base layer while the top comfort layers fill in the gaps between their hips and shoulders. This should allow these individuals to rest comfortably through the night.
Side sleepers may be the biggest fans of memory foam beds because of their ability to quickly relieve pressure that often builds up in this position. This bed is no exception, as its soft comfort layers exceptionally contours to the hips and shoulders while the deeper layers react to the pressure by relieving strain.
Stomach Sleepers sometimes run the risk of having their hips sink too deeply into a softer mattress, but this should perform well for most of these individuals. For some who sleep strictly on their stomach, a firmer option may better fit your needs.
This product is rated for individuals and couples with a combined weight of up to 700 pounds, but the manufacturer has indicated that couples heavier than this are using the mattress with good results.
Couples who do not want to wake up to their partners every movement often consider a bed with little to no motion transfer. Memory foam beds typically fair well in this category. This product performs well above par with motion isolation, seeing as almost no motion makes it across its surface.
Bed-in-a-box brands often struggle with edge support, especially foam beds. W1.27 performs at the industry standard for this type of bed. Sleeping on the edge should leave you both supported and comfortable.
When sitting on the edge of the mattress there is some slight compression, but you should never feel the W1.27 bottoming out due to the increased weight over a smaller surface area.
Edge support may not be something you normally consider, but it might be important to look into if you share a bed with a partner or have kids hopping in and out of bed with you and need to increase your space.
- Trial Period – This bed offers a 120-day risk-free home trial where you can try out the product for the allotted time and if you are not happy you can send it back for a full refund.
- Warranty – The company provides a 15-Year Guarantee.
- Shipping – Free shipping within the United State and Canada (including Hawaii and Alaska).
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This third-party certification verifies that these foams were manufactured without harsh or dangerous chemicals and passed a series of rigorous safety standards.
- White Glove Delivery Service – The company provides free in-home installation of their product and removal of your old mattress.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 11”||$1,395|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11”||$1,445|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||$1,595|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$1,795|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$2,195|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$2,195|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 11”||$2,395|
Wright’s W1.27 Mattress delivers luxury comfort with advanced cooling tech that should leave customers feeling well and rested each morning.
Wright Bedding has taken their time and research to deliver a quality product that should keep folks sleeping comfortably for many years. The company is so confident in their foams that they grant their 15-year guarantee to customers.
Customers are hard pressed to find a memory foam bed that delivers a combination of comfort, support, and cooling. The research and development incorporated into their product show their commitment to helping you find a great night's sleep!