Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Looking for a luxury feel at an affordable price?
Solay’s Premium Hybrid mattress should help you achieve a luxurious sleep experience without breaking the bank. Not only does this company promise a quality product, but a portion of your purchase will help those in need.
Our in-depth overview of the Solay bed will look at the unique properties of this item. We’ll unpack the bed’s construction and qualities with a comprehensive analysis that explains how these features work for you. We’ll also provide you with rankings based on support, comfort, and many more of your key mattress buying priorities.
Read through the entire review for our break down of the product and all of its features. Or skip to the end and go straight for our wrap-up and final scores.
You will love Solay if you:
- Are searching for pressure relief – You should notice soothing pressure relief in the shoulders and hips as these heavier areas sink into the upper comfort layers. This should help to prevent pressure from building up in these areas as the mattress gives way and doesn’t push back into the body. The very Soft upper materials should be ideal for side sleepers whose hips and shoulders tend to burrow into their beds.
- Like a gentle cradle – You should notice minimal cradling with a gentle contouring effect. The bed should also feel bouncy with the materials being somewhat faster to respond than memory foam. This should help aid easy repositioning.
- Want a luxury feel at an affordable price – Quality construction, a hybrid sleep experience, and a Soft feeling cover help to make this product feel like a luxurious treat … but the average sale price shouldn’t feel like a trick on your wallet.
You might not like Solay if you:
- Like a Firmer comfort level – Lighter sleepers may float on top of the Softer comfort layers, which may make this bed feel on the Soft side to them because they don’t penetrate to the firmer layers beneath. Most, however, should find this bed offers a Medium to Medium-Firm comfort level.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This mattress is a bed-in-a-box hybrid product that combines foam and a steel spring coil system. The bed can be used on any flat surface, including your own personal bed frame or an adjustable base. Solay sells foundations and adjustable frames through their website.
The Tencel cover should regulate temperature to keep you from overheating.
The total height of this product is 11 inches.
- The first layer consists of 1 inch of Cooling Gel Foam. This should help reduce overheating and should provide a minimal cradle when lying on the mattress.
- The second layer is made up of 2 inches of Motion Reducing Foam. This layer should act as a transition between the Soft cooling layer and the support foam below. This slightly denser material should also help reduce motion transfer by absorbing energy and vibration.
- The third layer is a 1-inch Support Layer. This layer should feel a little more Firm than the upper comfort foams and should provide support and neutral spine alignment.
- The fourth layer is comprised of 6 inches of Pocketed Steel Spring Coils, along with a row of Quantum Edge Coils along the edge of the mattress for added edge support. These coils should promote air circulation inside the mattress, which should move heat away from the body to help reduce overheating. They should also respond individually with your own movements, which should aid in repositioning.
- The fifth layer contains 1 inch of Foundational Foam. This final layer of foam should help to dampen vibrations a little more, by sandwiching the coils between layers of energy dampening foam. This layer also helps to provide overall support and stability to the entire mattress.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We have used a Firmness scale that uses a 1-10 system where 1 is Soft as a cloud and 10 is Firm as a brick to rate the comfort level of this bed. The Solay Hybrid comes in at a 5.5-6.5 making it a true Medium to Medium-Firm feel. This should suit most sleep preferences.
The cover should feel soft and cool to the touch. You should notice a gentle cradle as heavier areas of the body sink into the upper comfort foams. Body contouring should help to reduce pressure for a more comfortable sleeping experience.
The foams are slower to respond than latex, but they should also be quicker to reform than traditional memory foam. You should also notice quite a bit of bounce. These two features should combine for easy repositioning, which is often a key feature for combination sleepers.
Most back sleepers should find the Medium to Medium-Firm feeling of the mattress suits their comfort needs. The gentle contouring should provide solid lumbar support to help keep the spine well-aligned.
Most side sleepers should experience enhanced pressure relief as they sink into the comfort foams. This should help reduce pressure in the shoulders and hips as these heavier or broader areas press into the mattress.
Stomach sleepers may notice different experiences on this mattress. Lighter shoppers may find that their hips stay closer to the top of this mattress, which should promote a neutral spine. Heavier stomach sleepers may sink a little deeper in the hips than is ideal for this position.
There is no specific weight limit for this product, though significantly heavier stomach sleepers may want to consider something a little Firmer to prevent too much sinkage of the hips. The Medium to Medium-Firm comfort level should provide most shoppers with a comfortable sleep experience.
Innerspring items can occasionally allow for more motion transfer than foam beds. With the coils of this product being buried between multiple layers of foam, along with the individually pocketed design to create independent movement in the coils, you should notice very minimal motion transfer. This enhanced motion control should keep disruption to a minimum.
You may notice above average edge support due to the double row of Quantum Edge Coils along the outside of the mattress. There may be some slight compression when sitting on the edge, lying on the edge should feel more consistent with the rest of this bed. This solid support should help to make the sleep surface feel larger, which should be a benefit for co-sleepers.
- Trial Period – Agility offers a 101-day trial so shoppers can get acquainted with their new bed.
- Warranty – The company offers a 15-year warranty for this product.
- Shipping – Shipping is free throughout the United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foam inside this Solay product is certified to be free of harmful chemicals or heavy metals like mercury or lead.
- Charitable Donations – The company donates 2 percent of every purchase to charity. Returned mattresses will be donated to charity for those in need.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39" x 75" x 11"||$895|
|Twin XL||39" x 80" x 11"||$995|
|Full||53" x 75" x 11"||$1,095|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 11"||$1,295|
|King||76" x 80" x 11"||$1,595|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 11"||$1,595|
The Solay Premium Hybrid should offer a luxury sleeping experience at a more affordable price.
Everybody deserves a great night of sleep at an affordable price. This Solay mattress combines quality materials and a universal Medium to Medium-Firm comfort level to provide a luxury experience anyone can achieve.
This bed should provide solid lumbar support and gentle pressure relieving sinkage and contouring. The Hybrid should sleep cool and offer enhanced edge support. All of this adds up to a valuable product that anyone can enjoy.