Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Do you crave the soft, plush feel of memory foam but find you are missing out on extra support? If you currently have a love-hate relationship with your bed and you are ready for a change, you may want to check out the Nuvanna.
The Nuvanna mattress is all about balance. This all-foam bed has three uniquely placed layers that were designed to provide maximum comfort and support for a variety of body sizes and sleep positions with advances in temperature control.
This in-depth Nuvanna mattress review will break down each layer to show you how 20 years of experience went into creating a bed that has “comfort down to a science.” Our scoring system will look at key features like quality and comfort, cooling, and edge support.
Read on for the full scoop or skip ahead to the end for our final thoughts and scores.
You will love Nuvanna if you:
- Are a combination sleeper – Side, stomach, or back, this mattress should provide a great combination of body contouring and pressure relief. It was designed to provide spinal alignment and be very responsive for those who like to change positions often (although you likely won’t be doing much tossing and turning in this bed).
- Sleep hot but love foam – Memory foam is known for retaining heat, but the Nuvanna features a breathable Tencel® cover and a cooling phase change gel in the top layer. Minimal sinkage leaves more of your body exposed to the air which should help with temperature regulation.
- Want an all-foam bed with a little bounce – This mattress has a unique layering structure that is opposite of what you typically find. You have a comforting soft layer on the top with good bounce, but the additional layers minimize motion transfer and offer great support for almost every sleeping position.
You might not like Nuvanna if you:
- Like a bed you can melt into – Traditional memory foam envelops the body and can make it feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. This all-foam blend has a medium-firm feel, but with a soft top layer that gently cradles the body for extra comfort. While you may not sink in as deep as some foam beds allow, faster responsiveness makes it easier to move into your favorite comfy position.
Or you can see our other top mattresses for this year here.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The Nuvanna is an all-foam bed that conveniently arrives at your door compressed in a box. A queen size weighs in at only 77 lbs so it shouldn’t be too difficult to move into your room. Set-up is minimal with unboxing and removing any plastic, so in as little as two minutes your new bed is ready to go.
This plush mattress is wrapped in a breathable, moisture-wicking cover made from botanically derived, eco-friendly Tencel® fabric. With no added chemicals and natural anti-bacterial protection, your bed should stay fresh and clean.
Overall, three unique layers stand 10 inches high:
- The first layer is known as the “ascension” layer and features 2 inches of hybrid adjustable foam with phase change gel particles designed to maximize heat dissipation. The unique structure provides more airflow than traditional memory foam models and conforms nicely to the lumbar spine.
- The second layer has two inches of memory foam that provides body conformance and pressure relief. This “equilibrium” layer was specifically designed to minimize motion transfer so you should never have to feel your partner moving around again.
- The base layer features Nuvanna’s Progressive Support System that was uniquely designed to promote proper spinal alignment and minimize backaches. The six inches of high performing and durable, open-cell foam prevent sinkage by independently supporting each body part.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We scored the Nuvanna on our firmness scale at a 6.5 out of 10 on our scale with 10 being the firmest, putting this bed in the medium to medium-firm range. This comfort level makes this an extremely versatile choice for many sleepers, and especially those who love support and responsiveness but need that added pressure relief.
Many traditional memory materials will provide a deep hug that can sometimes make adjusting positions more challenging. The cover has a comfortable softness that is thin enough to gently cradle the body but firm enough that you should never feel stuck. Having a slightly firmer foam may help the bed to last longer
The responsive layer on top is better for bounce, making it easier to jump out of bed in the morning (or hit that snooze button if you need to). This “ascension” layer was designed for rapid conformance, which should provide good lumbar support for the spine. Even sleepers who are on the lighter side may still feel a little sinkage as the foam contours to the body’s curves.
The denser base layer was designed to support heavier parts of the body and provide optimal pressure relief, although those with more pronounced curves may prefer something a touch softer to make sure pressure is relieved in the hips and shouldersThe specifically engineered open-cell foams provide air-flow designed to keep you comfortable and cool with phase-change gel for temperature regulation.
Most back sleepers should feel firm support for spinal alignment while the softer layers conform to the natural curves of the lumbar region.
Most side sleepers should feel the pressure-relieving memory foam gently conform to their body, reducing any stress to the shoulders and hips.
Many stomach sleepers find they sink into foam beds, causing the spine to arch. The moderate firmness of this mattress should provide enough support to keep the hips elevated for most folks, and the comfort layers were designed to reduce pressure on lighter body parts.
The Nuvanna is soft on top and firm beneath, dispersing heat well. It should provide good support for almost all sleeping positions, and evenly distribute weight, making this an option to consider for all shapes and sizes.
Unlike innerspring mattresses, all-foam designs tend to excel in isolating motion from sleeping partners thanks to the energy absorbing properties of memory foam. The Nuvanna performs well in motion transfer reduction, making it a great option for light sleepers or those who often have nighttime visits from kids or pets.
Edge support isn’t something most people think about on a day-to-day basis, but having a mattress that provides maximum support across the entire surface could be important for those sharing a bed. As an all-foam bed, the Nuvanna performs average in edge-support compared to similar models.
While you may feel some compression sitting on the side, the 6-inch supportive base layer even distributes weight so you should not feel like you are going to fall out of bed if you like to sleep closer to the edge.
- Trial Period – You have 100 days to try out this mattress, risk-free. The company will provide a full refund should you choose to return for any reason and will donate the bed to charity.
- Warranty – The Nuvanna is backed by a ten-year warranty.
- Shipping – This bed ships to all 50 states and Puerto Rico, as well as Canada. Shipping is free of charge in the contiguous U.S., and deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada are a flat fee of $100.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams in this product have certified to meet or exceed environmental standards for chemicals and emissions.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 10″||$550|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 10″||$600|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 10″||$790|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 10”||$890|
|King||76" x 80" x 10”||$950|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 10”||$950|
The Nuvanna offers a unique three-layer engineering system with a soft, comforting design that gently cradles the body and provides support for almost every type of sleeper.
According to Nuvanna, “Good sleep is more than luxury; it’s a necessity.” We tend to agree and think this company has created its own version of luxury in an all-foam model that offers exceptional value at an affordable price.
The Nuvanna’s high-quality design shines in versatility and comfort. The soft and silky top layer has cooling features to keep you comfortable, with good bounce and low motion transfer, this well-balanced bed offers great support for almost every type of sleeper.
If you are still not convinced that this is the bed for you, why not try it out? With a generous 100 day trial period, you can test all of the amazing features the Nuvannas has to offer risk-free!