Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
This is one of those brands that you don’t even have to research to know that they are plushy. The name strikes you with this sensation immediately. This is a mattress which is going to provide you with the chance to pick between a range of different firmness levels. We decided to take a look at the myCloud Nimbus bed, which is presumably the firmest.
It is 14 inches thick, and it’s entirely made out of memory foam. The price is quite reasonable, and the mattress does what it promises to do – it delivers a high-quality foam-based sleeping sensation at a cost that’s far more affordable compared to the hard hitters in the industry.
Do you want to see our Top 11 picks for 2019? Check out our complete best-rated mattress list.
We would recommend the myCloud Mattress to people who:
- Are looking for a great deal – if you want to get the best value for your money, this might actually be a sound and stable deal – something that you might want to consider. The prices range between $399 and $999 depending on the sizes, and this is rather affordable.
- You have sound and solid firmness preferences – one of the things that the company has emphasized are the different sleeping options. There are a total of four firmness levels so you can take advantage of whichever you find the most appropriate.
- You love the memory foam sleeping sensation – If you love sleeping on memory foam beds, this is highly likely something that you would appreciate as it is as traditional as it gets in this regard.
We wouldn’t recommend the myCloud Mattress to people who:
- Are looking for a bouncy sensation – if you want to experience the responsive push-back of the spring mattress, you may be looking for a different feel. This is a bed with a traditional memory foam feel, and it could be a little more difficult to move around on it during the night.
Now that we’ve covered some of the preliminary specifications and recommendations, let’s run through the in-depth details of the mattress.
Firmness and Comfort
These are quite individual. We evaluated the firmest of them all, and it lands a firmness of about 8 to 8.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale where 10 is the firmest. The bed does a great job of aligning the spine and providing proper support when it’s needed. Of course, this is a bed geared for back and stomach sleepers as side sleepers are unlikely to sink as much as they need to receive the proper pressure relief.
The comfort is serious. This is thanks to the plushy sensation that the mattress attempts to introduce. Even though it is made entirely out of memory foam, the overall height and the plushy sensation is something that you ought to take into account. The bed feels very comfortable.
What about the Construction?
This is the next very important thing, because the construction of the bed will determine pretty much all of its specifications.
- The 1st layer is a cover which is made of comforting memory foam which is 1 inch high, and it is quilted.
- The second layer is a pillow top which is made of memory foam that’s ventilated, and it is also infused with gel to induce a cool sleeping sensation.
- The 3rd layer, which is basically the top layer of the mattress itself is made of ventilated memory foam. This is the comforting layer which is going to induce proper sleeping sensation and a cool temperature to consider.
- The 4th layer is made of medium-density foam, and it is only 1 inch thick.
- The 5th layer is the foundation. It measures 9 inches in total, and it is made of high-density poly foam to ensure that you receive splendid deep compression support. Furthermore, that’s what’s going to maintain the overall integrity of the bed.
Are there other Considerations?
One of the most important things that you should also keep into account is the heat retention. This is pretty much the characteristic that would determine whether or not you will wake up sweating through the middle of the night.
As a typical foam-based mattress, this one also has slight issues with heat dispersion and dissipating. However, the fact that there is gel and that the memory foam is ventilated does help a lot. The bed doesn’t retain heat like a regular mattress which is quite beneficial when it comes to it.
The motion isolation, on the other hand, is splendid. You are unlikely to feel the movements of your partner, despite the fact that the pillow top is made of gel-infused foam. This can lead to a great night of sleep for both you and your spouse.
If you are looking for a memory foam bed but you love the twist of the pillow top and the quilted cover, this is a mattress that would provide you with awesome sleeping sensation. This is something quite beneficial. The bed offers a myriad of advantages for people with all kinds of sleeping preferences.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.