Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Can a bed grow with you?
Pairing with sleep experts and conducting studies through Stanford University, Morphiis first designed what they believed to be the perfect universal mattress. After discovering that people’s preferences changed over time, they set out to create a bed that could adapt to these needs. That’s where this customizable mattress comes in.
This in-depth overview of the Morphiis bed will look at the personalization options of this bed and how that works for each individual sleep preference. We’ll also break down the construction and materials and provide you with rankings for this product’s key features.
Read the entire review to learn about this item’s different functions and strengths. Or skip to the end for our final overview.
You will love this Morphiis mattress if you:
- Want customization – Depending on the size of bed you purchase, you will receive either 18 or 36 inserts with Soft, Medium, and Firm in equal amounts. This allows you to reconfigure the different zones of the bed to create a possible 64 combinations to discover the feel that works best for you (learn more about customizable beds here).
- Want sinkage without feeling “stuck” – Because of the upper comfort foam, you should notice sinkage with any Firmness setting. Sinkage depth should vary depending on the Firmness option being used. The foams in this bed should be very quick to respond, which should help you to reposition easily without feeling “stuck” even when sinking deeply into the foam.
- Are a co-sleeper – The ability to create a sleep surface with two different comfort settings, enhanced edge support, and reduced motion transfer should all add up to an ideal product for couples with different sleep preferences.
You might not like this Morphiis mattress if you:
- Have significant weight concerns – Despite the option to create an entirely Firm bed, heavier sleepers may sink too deeply through the comfort layers. Though the versatile mattress should work great for a wide variety of people, the company recommends a weight limit of 250 pounds per person. You can see our picks for heavier sleepers here if you want to find an option for you.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This product is an all-foam bed that ships compressed in a bag. The mattress can be used on any flat surface, including adjustable frames, though it is recommended that slatted frames have slats no more than 3 inches apart for ultimate support. A proprietary adjustable base is available for purchase through the company’s website.
The cover is a stretchy polyester and cotton blend. This can be removed via a convenient zipper for easy machine washing and to allow for the customization of the foam.
The total height of this mattress is 10 inches.
- The top layer is made up of 2 inches of polyurethane Ultrafoam. This layer should feel soft with a lot of give. It should provide sinkage and pressure relief for a more comfortable sleep experience.
- The middle layer consists of 2.5-inch foam inserts that are made up of the same Ultrafoam in varying comfort levels that can be customized to create a single or zoned feel that suits your needs. The Twin and Twin XL mattresses contain 18 inserts — 6 each of the Soft, Medium, and Firm comfort levels. The Full, Queen, King, and Cali King beds contain 36 inserts, 12 in each settingl. Channeled rows of Ultrafoam line the sides of this product to provide separation between the inserts and to aid edge support.
- The third layer contains 6.5 inches of High-Density Ultrafoam. This layer provides a stable base for the inserts and helps support the entire bed. A serrated bottom should improve stability when in use on an adjustable frame.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rank the Medium setting of this product at a 5, which should feel like a true Medium to most people. The Soft setting comes in at a 3.5 and the Firm comes in at an 8.5. Our Firmness ranking uses a system that places comfort levels on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is incredibly Soft and 10 is very Firm.
You should notice varying levels of sinkage depending on what sort of comfort you are using in your bed. The Firmer comfort setting should provide very gentle sinkage that keeps you closer to the top. Sleepers in the Medium feel should notice a deep cradle and Soft sleepers should notice a gentle hug. Shoppers can order a specific combination or DIY their favorite feel using video tutorials, written guidelines, and a comfort level quiz available on the company’s site.
There should be quite a bit of bounce present and the foams should respond quickly, reshaping themselves shortly after you move around. This should all add up to very easy repositioning. Combination sleepers should find the customizable feel and easy repositioning suits their needs.
Back sleepers should love this bed regardless of their preferences. The customizable inserts should allow them to create the comfort configuration that suits their individual preferences. The sinkage and contouring should help to provide solid lumbar support.
Side sleepers can opt for a fully Soft comfort level or can mix and match Medium or Firm levels with Softer ones for the shoulders and hips. This should allow for pressure relief in these heavier areas of the body, with suitable support in other areas as needed.
Stomach sleepers should find the Firmer inserts prevent them from sinking too deeply in the hips, which could cause spinal alignment to be less than ideal. Those who do prefer a Soft or Medium feel can use those inserts as desired.
Because of the many different available configurations, this product should be a great fit for any type of sleeper. The mattress can be rearranged as needed to ensure that it always works as desired.
The company recommends a weight limit of 250 pounds per person. Those with significant weight concerns may need to seek out a bed with a higher weight limit.
While there may be a little more motion transfer evident than in classic memory foam, this item should provide ample motion control overall. This should help to reduce sleep disruption due to pets or restless partners.
This item should perform a little above average in the area of edge support. The channels containing the comfort inserts also act as a reinforced edge for the entire mattress. You should notice a little compression through the upper comfort layer when sitting or lying on the edge, but the lower layers should withstand pressure.
- Multiple Firmness Options – This mattress can be reconfigured to create any comfort level you prefer, including split comfort on either side for couples, or zoned areas throughout the bed.
- Trial Period – Shoppers may make use of a 100-night trial to get a true feel for their new bed.
- Warranty – Morphiis offers a 25-year warranty.
- Shipping – This mattress ships free in the continental United States. Shipping is also available for a fee to shoppers in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Adjustable Base Compatible – The serrated bottom of the base layer should provide a non-slip, clingy effect to help the mattress better adapt to an adjustable base.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This product is certified to contain low, safe levels of heavy metals, harmful chemicals, and unhealthy fire retardants.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||$495|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||$550|
|Full||53” x 75” x 10”||$1,549|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$895|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$1,095|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$1,095|
The fully customizable Morphiis system should provide the perfect sleep solutions for all preferences.
Morphiis doesn’t believe one mattress can suit everyone. Which is why they designed a bed that can become whatever mattress you need it to be.
With 64 configurations ranging from one solid comfort level to a zoned setting with different Firmness levels for different areas of the body, this product should suit any position preference.
Bounce and a quick response time should aid repositioning while varying levels of sinkage and enhanced pressure relief should promote a comfortable sleep experience. We feel this bed is very valuable for most shoppers … especially those looking for 64 different mattresses for the price of a single affordable product!
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.