Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Want a bed that lasts a lifetime? That’s the goal behind Indigo’s unique dual-sided design and lifetime replacement system.
The company believes a mattress purchase should last forever, so they allow shoppers to replace the comfort materials every 5-7 years. Should shoppers find themselves preferring a different firmness level down the road, they can simply flip the foams.
This in-depth overview of the Indigo will look at this bed’s unique construction. We’ll also provide scores based on feel, quality, and more key considerations.
Read through the entire review for a comprehensive look at this product, or skip to the end for overall opinions and final scores.
You will love Indigo if you:
- Want a long term investment – Indigo offers a Never Replace Again guarantee. This should allow shoppers to replace the comfort materials in their bed every 5 to 7 years at a reduced cost, removing the necessity of completely replacing their mattress.
- Need multiple comfort options – The upper layers can be flipped to allow customers to enjoy either firm or soft options. The full, queen, king, and Cali king options feature a split design, allowing co-sleepers to create different feels on either side. The twin and twin XL sizes can be flipped for individual feels on either side.
- Prefer enhanced motion control – There should be very little bounce and motion transfer noticed in this mattress. This should prevent couples from feeling every time their partner moves around throughout the night.
You might not like Indigo if you:
- Like a classic innerspring experience – Fans of innerspring beds generally prefer the enhanced bounce, airflow, and support these models provide. Shoppers can use the firm option to provide more airflow and support, while the gentle cradle should minimize sinkage, allowing for easier repositioning.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This all-foam mattress is double-sided and features split queen and king models. The bed is compressed and shipped inside a box.
This product can be used on any solid surface, including slatted bases, the floor, or an adjustable frame. The company recommends using a Bunkie board if this bed will be placed on a box spring as the springs could damage the foam materials.
The cover is made of rayon and para-aramid fibers that are meant to remain temperature neutral. The cover can be removed for easier spot-cleaning.
This product is 10 inches tall. Beginning with the full size and for every model larger, this bed is split with dual-sided comfort layers. We will discuss the construction of this mattress as though a split model is being used.
- The top layer consists of a 4-inch comfort material that is split into 2 inches of a Gel Memory Foam on one side and 2 inches of a foam-based latex alternative on the other. Beginning with the queen size and all larger sizes, this product can be turned over to change the feel, and each piece is split down the middle so that either side of the mattress can be set to a specific comfort level so couples could have a softer feel on one side and a firmer one on the other. Smaller twin and full sizes are not split, but can still be flipped to experience firm or soft feel on either side.
- The bottom layer is a 6-inch Support Layer that should create a stable foundation for the upper foams.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We have placed each side of this mattress on our scale (to rate the firmness), which helps to determine how the mattress should feel to most shoppers. This system utilizes a scale of 1 through 10, assuming that 1 is a very soft option and 10 is very firm.
The soft setting has a score of 3.5-4.5, which should feel soft to medium-soft to most people. Many consumers should find the firmer setting feels firm to medium-firm, with its score of 6-6.5.
The cover should feel plush and inviting as shoppers first lie on top of the bed. There should be minimal sinkage present, resulting in a gentle cradle. The memory foam should slightly contour to the body, providing soft comfort and pressure relief, and the cooling gel infused into this material should prevent overheating. The latex alternative should allow a little more airflow by keeping the sleeper closer to the top of this layer, pushback and support promote good spinal alignment.
Shoppers should notice minimal bounce, as memory foam is quite good at absorbing movement. The foams may also be quite slow to reform. However, the minimal sinkage should prevent combination sleepers from experiencing too much difficulty when moving around and changing position.
Back sleepers can choose from either option to ensure that they receive the proper support or relief to suit their individual needs. The slight contouring of the soft comfort layer should provide lumbar support to promote good spinal alignment.
Most stomach sleepers prefer a firmer feel, which should allow for a neutral spine by preventing the hips from sinking. These shoppers may prefer the firmer side of the foam.
Side sleepers generally require advanced pressure relief to reduce pushback in the hips and shoulders as these areas press into the bed. They may be particularly drawn to the softer comfort setting, as this should promote compression and offer just slightly more sinkage to reduce pressure.
There is no specific weight limit for this mattress. The company recommends their Luxury model for shoppers with these concerns.
There may be a bit more bounce when the latex alternative is face-up, however, most shoppers should notice very little motion transfer when using this product. The dense memory foam materials should absorb most energy, isolating movement and reducing disruptions due to restless partners. This should be ideal for couples or sleepers who share their bed with their pets or children.
This mattress should perform to industry standards for an all-foam product. Shoppers may notice some compression when lying on the edge, but not so much that they need to worry about rolling off. Overall, co-sleepers and sprawlers should be able to utilize their sleep surface with a consistent feel throughout, especially if using the firmer sides of the materials, as this should allow for less compression than the softer sides.
- Multiple Comfort Options – This is a split mattress with firm comfort on one side and a softer feel on the other. Co-sleepers can either side as-needed to experience their desired comfort option.
- Never Replace Again Guarantee – Indigo allows customers to replace the layers in their mattress every 5-7 years at a reduced cost over the full price of the bed.
- Trial Period – The company allows shoppers to experience their new bed for up to 100 nights during the trial period.
- Warranty – The support layer has a limited 10-year warranty, the upper foam layer has 5 years, and the cover has 2 years.
- Shipping – Shipping is free within the contiguous United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The materials used in this product are certified to have low and safe levels of VOC emissions, chemicals, or heavy metals.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||$289|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||$324|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$449|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$499|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$599|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$599|
Dual-sided comfort and lifetime replacements could mean Indigo is the last bed you’ll ever buy, as you’ll be able to switch your comfort options to suit your changing needs and replace old or compressed foams.
Sleepers can choose from soft or firm feels, simply by flipping the mattress. The split design allows shoppers to create an individual feel on either side of the bed. Enhanced motion control and a gentle cradle should allow people to move around freely without disrupting their sleep partner.
Author: Mark Reddick
When I’m not learning about sleep, you can find me hanging out with my wife and close friends.
I absolutely love entrepreneurship and learning how to improve yourself daily. We only get one life, and I want to make it the best one possible.
I hope that everyone that finds our site takes a new approach to sleep. The world needs to stop thinking about it as something “we just do,” but rather something that allows us “to do every day.”