Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Is it possible to sleep in and on a mattress? Can a bed offer both a deep cradle and easy repositioning?
This is what Freedom Sleep aims to offer with their unique all-foam mattress. After experimenting with different feels, the company landed on the product they felt best encompassed their vision of the perfect sleep experience. Freedom Sleep is proud to manufacture all of their products and materials in the United States.
Our in-depth overview of the Freedom Sleep will explore the unique, hybrid-like quality presented by the materials and offer ratings based on firmness, motion transfer, and more.
Read through a comprehensive look at the bed’s features and materials, or skip to the end for a quick overview of this product’s top qualities.
You will love Freedom Sleep if you:
- Are looking for a hybrid feel – With the deep, contouring hug of Memory Foam mixed with the quick response time of Latex, shoppers can experience the best of both worlds. This should provide comforting pressure relief without making you feel “stuck” in the foam.
- Are a combination sleeper – Those who change position frequently should enjoy the supportive benefits offered by the Avena Foam. The Medium comfort level should help you remain comfortable in any sleeping position.
- Are a co-sleeper – This product should provide enhanced motion control, which is great for those who share their bed with pets or partners. With minimal motion transfer, you should sleep undisturbed by the movements of others.
You might not like Freedom Sleep if you:
- Have significant weight concerns – Some with significant weight concerns may find themselves pressing through the upper comfort layers into the firmer support layers below. Most sleepers, however, should notice their spine stays neutral and well-aligned.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This all-foam bed is a bed-in-a-box product that is proudly made and shipped in the continental United States. The company says any sort of frame can be used for this item, though they recommend slats be no more than 3 inches apart in order to fully support the entire bed.
The circular knit cotton cover is designed to breathe, which should help to keep you sleeping cool. Shoppers can choose between a sophisticated gray and white design, or a patriotic red, white, and blue.
The mattress stands 10 inches high.
- The first layer contains 2 inches of Avena Foam, which is a foam designed to behave similarly to latex. This layer is meant to provide bounce and support to keep you from feeling “stuck” in the mattress. This layer is unique in that it is a little firmer than the second layer, which should keep you floating on top longer before gradually sinking in.
- The second layer is comprised of 1.5 inches of Gel-Infused Memory Foam. This should feel softer than the top layer, which should give pressure relief even if you sink deeper. The gel should also help heat circulating throughout this layer, moving it away from the body, providing a cooler comfort experience.
- The third layer is made up of 1.5 inches of Transition Foam. This is meant to provide a soft and comfortable, yet supportive middle ground between the soft top layers and firmer base of the mattress, so you shouldn’t feel too much pushback as the mattress becomes compressed.
- The fourth layer is 5 inches of Heavy Duty Support Core Foam. The base should offer firm support to the upper layers.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
On our firmness scale, where 1 is incredibly soft and 10 is rock hard, we give this mattress an overall Medium 5. Sleepers may feel as though the bed begins with a Medium Firm feel due to the unique, firmer top layer, and may feel as though the bed softens as they continue to sink. This comfort level should be a great feel for most sleepers, especially those who are comfortable with multiple firmness levels and varying levels of sinkage.
Avena Foam is meant to behave similarly to latex, so you should notice more bounce and a cooler feel. You should also feel some initial pushback from the latex nature of the Avena, but as it is a foam, you may eventually experience some deeper cradling as you sink into the softer gel foam below.
Combination sleepers may enjoy the benefits of either floating on, or sinking “in” the mattress depending on how long they remain in each position. The moderate bounce and quick responsiveness should provide easy repositioning.
Most back sleepers should feel solid lumbar support, which should help provide pressure relief in this area and may help reduce aches and pains.
Some stomach sleepers may feel as though they sink too deeply throughout the night, especially those with heavier weight concerns. But most should feel well-supported by the top layer and firm base, which should help prevent too much arching of the spine.
Side sleepers should benefit from the support of the top layer and the cooling pressure relief of the Gel-Infused Memory Foam. This should be helpful in reducing soreness caused by pushback against the heavier areas of the body, such as the hips and shoulders.
Thanks to its unique hybrid-like nature, most sleepers should find something to love about this Medium feel bed. With both a floating and contouring experience, a latex-like performance from an all-foam bed, and multiple aesthetic options, this mattress is a good choice for the shopper who prefers customization and a hybrid feel.
Sleepers with significant weight concerns may sink through the upper comfort layers and bottom out on the support layers below. Those with these concerns may want to consider a thicker mattress or extra-supportive mattress, but most shoppers should fell well-supported by this bed.
Memory foam often performs well as far as motion control because the foam tends to absorb vibration, keeping you from feeling your partner’s movements. Freedom Sleep seems to perform well in this area, as well, making it ideal for co-sleepers, especially those with partners who may sleep light.
Edge support is not often a concern for shoppers, but if you happen to prefer sleeping on the edge of the bed or require more surface area for co-sleepers, you may be interested in how your bed performs in this area. You may notice some compression when lying on the edge, and more when sitting, but this is to be expected from an all-foam bed-in-a-box. Overall, this mattress offers average edge support for a foam mattress and should perform just fine for most consumers.
- Trial Period – This bed comes with a 100-day trial period.
- Warranty – The company offers a 10-year warranty.
- Shipping – This item ships anywhere in the contiguous United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This certification ensures the foams inside the bed are free harmful chemicals and heavy metals such as mercury or formaldehyde.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||$500|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||$600|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$750|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$850
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$950|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$1,000|
This product offers a unique, hybrid-like experience that should provide a blended experience that should feel like the best of both memory foam and latex worlds.
Freedom Sleep is proud to serve their customers a bed that takes all preferences and sleep types into account. You should enjoy a cool sleep experience with the easy repositioning of Latex combined with the pressure relieving sinkage of Memory Foam.
Using quality materials but offering affordable prices and multiple cover options, the company makes your comfort experience about you and we see a lot of value in this patriotic bed.
Author: Mark Reddick
When I’m not learning about sleep, you can find me hanging out with my wife and close friends.
I absolutely love entrepreneurship and learning how to improve yourself daily. We only get one life, and I want to make it the best one possible.
I hope that everyone that finds our site takes a new approach to sleep. The world needs to stop thinking about it as something “we just do,” but rather something that allows us “to do every day.”