Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Are you in the market for a luxury hybrid bed without thousands of dollars to spend on a new mattress? How would you like to sleep on a cloud without breaking your bank?
DreamCloud has a new luxury option that offers a full 15-inch height with six specially designed layers to deliver the best of both worlds of foam and innerspring mattresses. Dreamcloud is so sure you’ll love it that they are backing their claims with a 365-night, risk-free sleep trial, and a lifetime warranty.
Our in-depth review of DreamCloud uses our scoring system to examine what’s to love and what’s to consider before choosing this bed, ensuring it’s the best quality and value for your budget and individual sleep needs.
Keep reading for specific details or skip here for our score and overall summary.
You will love DreamCloud if you:
- Are a combination sleeper – This hybrid’s quick responsiveness allows you to change positions with ease and offers enough pressure relief and support for side and back sleepers with the firmness necessary for most stomach sleepers.
- Are in the market for value – This bed offers many high-end features including reinforced edge support, quality foams and a durable cover. There's a lot of value here for your money.
- Are looking for a low-risk investment – It comes with a 365-day risk-free trial, giving you a full year to decide if this mattress works best for your sleep needs. This offer is paired with the company’s proprietary Everlong Warranty, guaranteeing the mattress for long as you own the bed.
You might not like DreamCloud if you:
- Plan to use a standard-size bed frame – There is a lot of luxury packed into its 15-inch height, but it is significantly higher than an average bed and may be too tall for some frames or headboards without additional accommodations.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
This hybrid foam and innerspring mattress is delivered in a large duffel bag to keep the outside clean during transport to your door, and the bag’s handles make it easier to carry through your home. This bed-in-a-box (or bag!) model also includes handles on both sides of the mattress for easy placement, though there is an optional White Glove Delivery service available, if you prefer.
An above-average 15-inch height works best with basic frames, box springs, or flat on the floor. The cover offers a breathable surface and an attractive finish that was designed to be durable. It's also quilted to the first two layers of foam to give the bed a Eurotop.
- The third layer following the two layers in the EuroTop is made from a gel-swirl memory foam that’s built to conform to your body and offer relief to pressure points while remaining cool by letting the heat dissipate through the gel.
- The fourth layer is 2.5 inches of foam that acts as a transitional layer of firmer support that helps ease the body into the supportive coils beneath.
- The fifth layer is made out of 8 inches of pocketed coils that are reinforced around the edges to strengthen the perimeter and offer more space.
- The sixth layer is another 1.5-inch layer of foam that cushions the coils and forms the foundation of the mattress.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate this bed on the firmer side of average with a 5.5 score on a 10-point scale, with 10 being the firmest. Although the soft plush cover and layers of memory foam provide a soft cradling feel, the hybrid’s softness is complemented by the firmer support of its innerspring design.
The mattress recovers its shape quickly with movement and provides an average bounce, which makes it a good choice for combination sleepers who tend to change positions in the night. Couples with different sleep position preferences will appreciate the versatility of its features.
Stomach sleepers will enjoy the cradling experience of the memory foam, while the innersprings work to keep their spine in a neutral alignment. Heavier sleepers (200 pounds and over) may want something slightly firmer, however.
Back sleepers will appreciate the firm support of innerspring technology while experiencing pressure relief in their lumbar spine from the layers of foam.
Side sleepers will likewise benefit from the foam’s pressure relief in their hips, knees, and shoulders.
Average and lighter sleepers are likely to enjoy how much pressure relief this mattress is able to provide, but significantly heavier sleepers may need something firmer, especially if they sleep most often in the prone position.
This design reduces a lot of motion transfer associated with traditional innerspring mattresses without sacrificing the quick responsiveness that allows ease of movement for combination sleepers. The coils are individually wrapped and compress independent of one another, a feature that helps to isolate motion.
Memory foam layers above the coils also help to buffer any transfer of movement so those sleeping with partners should rest largely undisturbed by their partner’s changes in position.
For a bed-in-a-box model, this mattress performs beyond expectations for edge support, due in large part to the reinforced strong steel coils. These features give more support along the edges of the bed than is often associated with memory foam-only constructions or cheaper spring designs.
We noticed some compression within the first three layers when sitting on the side, but the coils reinforced the weight well. There are no noticeable sacrifices of comfort when lying on the edge of the bed, where other bed-in-the-box designs sometimes do not perform as well.
- 365-Night Trial Period – This bed comes with one of the industry’s longest sleep trial periods, giving buyers a full year to decide whether to keep it or return it for a full refund.
- Lifetime Warranty – It also comes with a lifetime warranty covering all manufacturing defects for as long as the buyer owns the mattress.
- USA Shipping – Free shipping is offered for both delivery and returns within the continental United States, with a small additional fee for shipping to Alaska or Hawaii. International shipping is not available at this time.
- Optional White Glove Delivery Service – Professional installation is available in most locations throughout the US, and the company is looking to expand its availability.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This certification is issued by a non-profit organization and signifies that the foam used in construction is free from potentially harmful levels of chemicals or metals, including lead, mercury, formaldehyde, or PBDE flame retardants.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 15”||$499|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 15”||$699|
|Full||54” x 75” x 15”||$899|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 15”||$999|
|King||76” x 80” x 15”||$1,199|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 15”||$1,199|
This luxury hybrid offers a value you probably won’t find in any mattress showroom, especially with a virtually risk-free warranty and 365-night sleep trial.
This new update for 2019 has added a bit of softness and extra conformance to a model that already made an impression. For all the features this bed offers, its price point is really attractive.
The direct-to-consumer model can save you hundreds compared to in-store brands with the added convenience of free home delivery and optional White Glove Delivery service.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.