Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Coddle is all about making products that can be quickly adjusted to fit the needs of their customers. They have created a line of chairs and couches with this as their focus, and now they add the Coddle Sleepz Dual Core mattress to that lineup. It is as easy flipping the bed over to go from a Medium-Firm plush to a Super Plush feel.
Our in-depth overview of Coddle Mattress is based on our scoring system that analyzes features such as cooling, comfort, and overall quality. This bed has two sides, a Medium-Firm and a Super Plush, our review will look at both of these.
Just keep reading for a full analysis or scroll near the bottom for our scoring and summary.
You will love Coddle if you:
- Adjustable Firmness – With two sides to choose from, all sleepers need to do is turn this bed over to find their desired feel. Enjoy either a Medium-Firm or Super Soft firmness. It’s like getting two beds in one.
- Love Memory Foam – Going to sleep should not be something anyone dreads, and this bed helps to wipe away strain and leave sleepers feeling better when they wake up.
- Need Cooling – Historically, memory foam has had a bad rap for sleeping hot. Today, brands like Coddle have figured out how to make this not only comfortable but a cooler sleeping surface as well.
You might not like Coddle if you:
- Want Bounce – This is a great feature to assist repositioning sleepers. Although memory foams do not support much bounce, this bed’s firmer middle layers make it fairly easy to roll around in by providing a good surface to push into to flip over.
If you want, you can take a look at our top 12 list for 2019.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Coddle mattress ships compressed inside of a box and is delivered to the customers home. The brand recommends that customers place their bed on a firm solid or slatted foundation.
The machine-washable cover zips off for convenient cleaning. This micro-tencel Belgian fabric has a high-performance design that helps keep sleepers cool. Beneath this cover is 11 inches of memory foam.
The following configuration is how the layers would line up in the Medium-Firm feel.
- The first layer is the Cool and Firm comfort layer made from gel-infused memory foam. This foam makes up the Medium-Firm side of the bed and should help to gently wash away pressure.
- The second layer is one of two layers of the Dual Core Tech support memory foam layer with incorporated air channels throughout. These layers have 3 zones of 120 pressure relieving nodes from head to foot to provide a targeted amount of pressure relief and support for the sleeper’s anatomy. This layer is slightly firmer than the layer beneath and works to provide most of the support for the bed.
- The third layer is the second Dual Core Tech support memory layer. This is the same as the layer above but slightly softer.
- The base layer is a Coconut Infused Super Plush Comfort Layer. This plush material is billed as a luxury and was designed to reduce strain and conform to the sleepers curves.
- Edge support is given by a layer of denser foam around the perimeter of the mattress that the company calls an edge rail.
For the Super Plush feel, simply reverse the order of this construction. Note that the company does not provide complete specifications for its construction online.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We score mattress firmness from soft to firm on a 1 to 10 scale. Coddle has two sides so it gets two scores. The Medium-Firm side receives a 7 while the Super Plush was scored at a 4.5.
These two feels are made to fit the needs of most sleepers, targeting those who like a firmer bed as well as those who like a softer option, but both scores keep this near the middle and fairly neutral. The firmer side fosters a feeling like a gentle cradle while the softer side was made to have sleepers sinking into something more like a deep pressure relieving hug.
The middle Dual Core layers incorporate the use of node technology to help further pressure relief and alignment. This should help sleepers feel supported as their body sinks at varying levels into these layers.
These materials are slower responding and do not support much bounce. Coddle makes up for this with their firmer middle layers that were optimized to deliver durability that allows sleepers to easily push off to change positions.
Most back sleepers will like how the soft memory foams hug their lower back and fill in the gap between their hips and shoulders. Both the Super Plush and Medium-Firm sides should work well, but since firmness is subjective different sleepers may prefer one side over the other.
Side sleepers usually love a mattress that can take pressure off their hips and shoulders. The memory foams in this product are highly conforming and were designed to reduce strain. Many side sleepers will prefer the Super Plush side, while those who like a firmer surface might flip it over to the Medium-Firm end.
Stomach sleepers are often, opposite to side sleepers these folks typically enjoy a firmer bed. A mattress that can adequately support their hips tends to do well for them. For this reason, the Medium-Firm side may work best, but the Super Plush side could work well for folks who love a little extra softness.
A key success to this dual-sided bed is its flippable construction, a feature that allows the majority of people to find a firmness that works for them. If customers are still having problems, the company offers a 100 morning trial period where they can return Coddle if it is just not working out.
Are you constantly afraid you might wake up your sleeping partner when you climb into bed? With the Coddle, that fear is knocked into the past. These foams are not only pressure relieving, but keep motion to one side of the bed so your sleeping partner does not have to feel your every movement.
Most everyone has woken up to the feeling that they are falling out of bed. A mattress with overly soft edges can make this happen more often, as they don’t help keep the sleeper supported along the side.
Bed-in-a-box mattresses are built to compress, so they do not always score are well in edge support, especially all-foam beds. Coddle has taken their design a step ahead of some other brands by incorporating reinforced foam around the perimeter. This was made to allow sleepers to sit and sleep on the side without feeling like they might slide onto the floor.
- Trial Period – The brand provides a 100-morning trial period for this bed. This allows customers to try it out in their home and if they are not happy they can return it.
- Warranty – There is a 10-year warranty with this product.
- Shipping – Delivery within the contiguous United States is included with your purchase.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – This third-party certification deems that this product was made with regulated amounts of ozone depleters, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and flame retardants.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11”||$550.00|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 11”||$650.00|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||$850.00|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$950.00|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$1,150.00|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 11”||$1,150.00|
With dual pressure relieving sides, when you purchase a Coddle Mattress, it is like getting two for the price of one.
The Coddle brand is devoted to an adjustable experience and their mattress is no exception. Not only is it easily adjusted, but it also has dual-core technology to help ensure that customers are getting the sleep they deserve.
So which will it be for you, the Medium-Firm or the Super Plush feel? We think they are both great and either way you flip it, customers stand to find a good night's sleep.
Author: Sleep Advisor
Our team covers as many areas of expertise as we do time zones, but none of us started here as a so-called expert on sleep. What we do share is a willingness to ask questions (lots of them), seek experts, and dig deep into conventional wisdom to see if maybe there might be a better path towards healthy living. We apply what we learn not only to our company culture, but also how we deliver information to our over 12.7M readers.
Sleep research is changing all the time, and we are 100% dedicated to keeping up with breakthroughs and innovations. You live better if you sleep better. Whatever has brought you here, we wish you luck on your journey towards better rest.