Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
What’s the recipe for a good night’s sleep?
Blello combines two metaphorical sleep colors, the calming blue and the cheery yellow, to bring these qualities into their all-foam bed. Founded by a brother and sister team, the company has dedicated themselves to treating their customers and community like family, which really shows through their work with local charities.
Our in-depth analysis of the Blello will explore how this product performs and for who it is best-suited. We will provide you with scores based on Firmness level, value, and edge support, along with other important mattress shopping considerations.
Check out the entire review below to learn all about the qualities and materials of this product and see how it performs in each area. Or skip to the end for a quick wrap-up and our overall scores.
You will love Blello if you:
- Like memory foam but don’t want to feel “stuck” – The proprietary comfort foam is designed to allow for a light hug and body contouring that should allow for excellent pressure relief. You should still notice enough pushback to prevent you from feeling “stuck”.
- Want enhanced edge support on an all-foam bed – Sleeping should feel consistent throughout the entire surface of the mattress, even when lying at the edge of the bed. This should help make the bed feel a little bigger, allowing for more usable space.
- Are looking for a quality product on a budget – Unique materials, a combination latex and memory foam sleep experience, and chemical-free certifications add value to this affordably priced product.
You might not like Blello if you:
- Want a classic memory foam feel – Sleepers should notice a gentle hug and contouring from this mattress, much like memory foam. But this proprietary material should have a quicker response and more bounce to aid in repositioning and minimize the feeling of being “stuck.”
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Blello is an all-foam bed that ships rolled up and compressed in a box. The mattress can be used on any flat surface, including adjustable frames or the floor. The company recommends that slats be no more than 3 inches apart to provide adequate stability and prevent sagging.
The cover is a polyester and lycra blend that uses three layers and a multitude of textures and stitching techniques for enhanced breathability. This should feel plush and temperature neutral when touched.
This mattress stands 10 inches in height.
- The top layer contains 1.5 inches of responsive Serene Foam. This layer promises to reduce pressure and motion transfer and should conform to the body as you sink into it.
- The middle layer consists of 2.5 inches of Qualatex Foam for comfort and support. This layer is designed to reduce compression to prevent uneven sinkage.
- The bottom layer is made up of 6 inches of high-density, poly-foam Support Foam. This Firmer layer should a solid foundation for the Softer comfort layers above.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
We rate the Blello at a 4.5-6.5 on our Firmness scale which sees 1 as extremely soft and 10 as incredibly hard. Sleepers may experience the feel of this Medium bed differently depending on their position or weight, some may experience a more Medium-Soft or Medium-Firm feel. Overall, this Medium range should be enjoyable and comfortable for most sleep preferences.
While the top layer is designed to contour and allow some sinkage like memory foam, it should also have a quicker response like latex. The comfort layer should provide a gentle hug but the quick response should keep you from feeling “stuck” in the foam. This layer should feel airy and should provide a neutral temperature feel.
The upper layer is designed to be responsive, which should allow for more bounce than is usually present in classic memory foam. This should allow the foam to reshape quickly as you move around, which should aid in easy repositioning. This should be ideal for most combination sleepers who change up their sleeping position frequently throughout the night.
Most back sleepers should enjoy the solid lumbar support provided by the contouring foam. The materials in this product are designed to be adaptable to your body weight, which should help to keep the spine neutral and well-aligned.
Most stomach sleepers should find this mattress supports the hips well, allowing for good spinal alignment. This is due to two different support layers, the base and the transition layer which both offer stability.
Side sleepers should find the gentle hug of the bed allows for enhanced pressure relief in the heavier areas like the hips and shoulders, which can develop pain as they press into the mattress.
The company recommends a weight limit of 600 pounds for the entire bed. Those with significant weight concerns may want to seek out a mattress with a higher weight limit, but this product should perform well for most shoppers.
Foam beds are usually quite adept at dampening movements to eliminate sleep disruptions thanks to restless partners or pets. The Blello should absorb most vibrations which should help to minimize motion transfer as much as possible.
Having two supportive layers, this product should perform very well in the area of edge support. Sleepers should notice enhanced support when lying on the edge of the bed. A deeper compression may be noticed when sitting at the edge, but this is not usually a dealbreaker for most shoppers.
- Trial Period – Blello offers a 100-day trial period so shoppers can take their time deciding on their new bed.
- Warranty – This product features a 10-year warranty.
- Shipping – The company ships free within the continental United States.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams inside this product are certified safe for consumers concerning heavy metals like lead and mercury, and chemicals such as formaldehyde.
- Charitable Donations – Blello donates a portion of every sale to the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay. The company also works to donate returned mattresses.
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 10″||$475|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″ x 10″||$495|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 10″||$550|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$595|
|King||76" x 80" x 10”||$745|
|Cali King||72" x 84" x 10”||$745|
The Blello should offer enhanced edge support and minimal motion transfer, making it a great choice for co-sleepers. A universal Medium feel and adaptable pressure relief add value to this affordable product.
Blello believes everyone deserves to wake up happy. The Medium comfort level and enhanced pressure relief should ensure most shoppers do just that when they opt for this all-foam bed.
This bed offers support and a cool sleep experience that should satisfy shoppers of most sleep positions. By providing personalized comfort properties and quality materials for an affordable price, Blello has created a positive sleep experience that anyone can achieve.