Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.
Can a single mattress make both memory foam and latex lovers happy? Can a side sleeper and back sleeper find comfort in the same bed?
Using unique materials, advanced cooling technologies, and years of research, 2920 Sleep hopes to provide a mattress that suits the needs of everyone.
This in-depth review of the 2920 Mattress will look at the unique features of this bed, like the temperature-controlling cover and bouncy layers. We’ll also offer ratings based on concerns such as firmness, cooling, and overall quality.
Read the entire review for a close look at all of the bed’s features and strengths or skip to the end for a quick overview of this bed’s qualities and scores.
You will love the 2920 Mattress if you:
- Like Memory Foam without that “stuck” feeling – By using unique materials that behave like both memory foam and latex, you should feel a deep cradle that conforms to your body, but should still experience enough bounce to easily reposition.
- Are looking for enhanced pressure relief – You should sink quickly into the top comfort layer, providing pressure relief and neutral spinal alignment. This may be particularly attractive to side sleepers as heavier areas like shoulders and hips should experience less pushback from the support core.
- Need a lot of motion control – This all-foam product should absorb most movements to minimize disruptions from partners, children, or pets moving around or getting in and out of bed through the night.
You might not like the 2920 Mattress if you:
- Have significant weight concerns – Average-sized sleepers should sleep comfortably, but significantly heavier sleepers may sink too deeply into the comfort layers, preventing the spine from staying neutral. The company sets a weight limit of 350 pounds per sleeper but cautions that people over 300 pounds may bottom out to the support core.
Construction (Materials & Quality)
The 2920 Mattress is an all-foam bed that is shipped compressed in a box. This product can be used on any solid surface and is compatible with adjustable frames.
The Cotton/Poly blend cover has been treated with Adaptive Tech that behaves similarly to athletic gear. This should help the fabric respond to temperature and moisture as needed to help you stay cool and dry throughout the night.
This item stands a total of 10 inches tall.
- The first layer is made up of 2 inches of New Generation Foam. This is designed to provide comforting pressure relief and should keep you from sleeping hot.
- The second layer contains 1 inch of Premium Support Foam that should combine the pressure relief of Memory Foam with the rebound and ease of repositioning of Latex.
- The third layer is comprised of 5.5 inches of Core Support Foam that should provide sturdy support to the upper layers.
- The fourth layer contains 1.5 inches of Edge-To-Edge Base Foam that is meant to increase the usable sleep surface by providing enhanced support throughout the entire bed.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
This item falls at 5 on our Firmness scale, where 1 is soft as a cloud and 10 is hard as a brick. Having an all-around Medium feel, this bed should provide the right amount of pressure relief and support to suit most sleeping positions and preferences.
The top comfort layer of this mattress responds a little quicker than traditional memory materials, so you should feel a deep cradle and lumbar supporting contouring right away. The layers are designed to allow air to flow freely and the moisture wicking cover should help you stay cool in bed.
Beneath the cradling top layer is a bouncier, more Latex-like foam that should help make repositioning easier. The Firm support layers should keep most well-aligned, and you should never feel “stuck.”
Because of the Medium comfort level, bounce, and easy repositioning, combination sleepers should feel comfortable and well-supported in any position.
Most back sleepers should experience solid lumbar support from quickly conforming comfort layers.
Side sleepers should feel comforting pressure relief as they sink into the top layers of the mattress. This should prevent aches and pains by minimizing pushback on the heavier areas of the body, such as the hips and shoulders.
Stomach sleepers generally require a firm feel to keep their spines neutral. Most should find the support core of this bed to be firm enough to provide the ideal spinal alignment.
The company sets a weight limit of 350 pounds for an individual sleeper, meaning people at or above this weight may sink too deeply. 2920 Sleep also notes that those 300 pounds or over may experience more sinkage and a different comfort level than other sleepers. Those with significant weight concerns may want to seek out a thicker mattress or one with supportive coils.
All-foam beds like this one are quite good at absorbing energy and dampening vibrations throughout the bed. Couples or people who share their mattress with children and pets should notice minimal motion transfer. This is exceptionally good news for light sleepers who want a mattress that lets them sleep undisturbed.
You may notice compression when sitting and sleeping on the edge. If solid edge support is of great concern due to co-sleeping or sleeping along the edge, reinforced beds or those with coils may be right for you. Overall, this product performs as expected for all-foam beds and most shoppers should not notice any major issues in this area.
- Trial Period – 2920 offers a 100-night trial period so you can get a true feel for the bed.
- Warranty – This product comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Charitable Donations – 2920 will work to donate or recycle your mattress should you decide to return it.
- Shipping – This item ships free throughout the United States.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified – The foams used inside this mattress are certified to be free of harmful chemicals and heavy metals like lead and nickel.
- Adjustable Base Compatible
- Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price (w/o discount)|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||$695|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||$795|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$950|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$1,095|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$1,295|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$1,295|
Those who love the contouring benefits of memory materials but prefer to sleep cool with a little bounce should find 2029 well-suited to their needs.
2920 worked for three years to ensure their mattress would exceed third-party testing standards. The result is a Medium feel that should suit sleepers of all shapes, sizes, and preferences.
Adding to the universal appeal of the 2920 Mattress is its combination of both a memory and latex sleep experience. Couples with different comfort levels should be able to come together and agree on the hybrid feel of this bed.
This piece stands out for its versatility and the company’s dedication to providing a comforting sleep experience to all.
Author: Sarah Cummings
I think we’re all nerds, but I’m probably the biggest nerd in the group. Put me nose deep in a spreadsheet and I'll start smiling.
I love to travel, hang out with positive people, and love cycling when I find the time!
My hope is that everyone who visits our site will walk away with a fresh perspective. I think too many people in society downplay the importance of sleep. In my opinion, it’s the difference between an average life and an amazing one.